Search This thread

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
Hello Ron,

I kind of stuck here. Keep Stuck with Mass Storage. I went to my Personal Computer and plugged the phone to my computer and nothing happens... I have no "Mass Storage" option and the computer do nothing.

The only icon shown in status bar is "USB Depuration" (Android icon) even if Depuration mode is OFF. I can´t connect my phone to the computer any more...

With others CM7 ROMS I use Mass Storage without problem.

Can be KERNEL related? Using First Page kernel (stock CM7), or recovery MOD? When enetering Recovery mode I go to MOUND, USB Mass and nothing happens also. I read in other forums that some CM7 kernel have problems with usb mode, can be true cause I updated to this Topic Kernel like recommended then USB stopped working. Can I installed another kernel? This one looks good but Need USB

Help me please :(

if usb also not working in recovery then it's not problem of rom and kernel. Go to the lg center or check usb port. But it's not software problem

cabrote

Apr 17, 2012
Buenos Aires
if usb also not working in recovery then it's not problem of rom and kernel. Go to the lg center or check usb port. But it's not software problem

Sorry, Now USB is detected. I have to install FIRST usb drivers from LG and SECOND connect my phone, then USB is working. But sorry I keep thinking that something is wrong cause with Stock Rom I didn´t needed any drivers because the computers I use at work are blocked to users and you can´t add any device, so When I plugged the phone it was recognized as a standard Mass Storage Pendrive.

Now I can´t use it any more cause I need to install drivers, something is prohibited here. Maybe the way the Phone is detected is the trick... I don´t want to change ROMS cause this Nightly works excellent...........

thank you Ron!

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
plz guys from now. Stop posting about usb not working because you not installed lg driver. I don't know how stock rom is working without lg driver and i don't have time to check that. So plz check do you have lg usb driver installed or not before posting any usb problem

Reactions: tonoxha

cabrote

Apr 17, 2012
Buenos Aires
plz guys from now. Stop posting about usb not working because you not installed lg driver. I don't know how stock rom is working without lg driver and i don't have time to check that. So plz check do you have lg usb driver installed or not before posting any usb problem

Wow, what an answer... sorry for your time i thought you could help. Bye bye mod.

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
Wow, what an answer... sorry for your time i thought you could help. Bye bye mod.

Wow what an answer indeed because he's stopping the thread getting clogged up with repeated problems. Problems that aren't even problems. Learn some respect.

Sent from my LG-P350 using xda app-developers app

danieliop

Jan 18, 2012
So...why upload a nightly without changes??. Have no sense :(
Sorry bad English

Enviado desde mi LG-P350 usando Tapatalk 2

These Nightly builds are auto-compilled every Sunday from the source, and are available on get.cm

So, no matter if anything is changed, they'll ALWAYS be compiled, as long as Jenkins is working.

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
Wow what an answer indeed because he's stopping the thread getting clogged up with repeated problems. Problems that aren't even problems. Learn some respect.

Sent from my LG-P350 using xda app-developers app

right,he need check last 2 pages. There is same problem on 2 pages back. People don't read older posts before posting problem. Even on 1st post i said also read older posts and check last 10 pages before posting any problem.

rho57

Apr 14, 2012

Actually, Ron, some of your previous CM builds have this feature. It's just that official nightly versions don't have it.

frey.derico

Sep 15, 2012
Kediri
Moto Z
Google Pixel 2 XL
USB works normally

but i have not made any changes in usb on official builds

Ron, i think some user not installing driver of LG properly,

Try this step guys if you get free time :

1. Install DRIVER OF LG then reboot your PC
( download http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-me-driver-download.html )
2. Plug your USB cable to PC then wait almost 5min
3. Click USB Storage on your phone n see it working

But if didnt work try reboot your phone n go to recovery
Click mount USB

Hopefully it can solve your prob :)

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Hello Ron,

I kind of stuck here. Keep Stuck with Mass Storage. I went to my Personal Computer and plugged the phone to my computer and nothing happens... I have no "Mass Storage" option and the computer do nothing.

The only icon shown in status bar is "USB Depuration" (Android icon) even if Depuration mode is OFF. I can´t connect my phone to the computer any more...

With others CM7 ROMS I use Mass Storage without problem.y

Can be KERNEL related? Using First Page kernel (stock CM7), or recovery MOD? When enetering Recovery mode I go to MOUND, USB Mass and nothing happens also. I read in other forums that some CM7 kernel have problems with usb mode, can be true cause I updated to this Topic Kernel like recommended then USB stopped working. Can I installed another kernel? This one looks good but Need USB

Help me please :(

I think some user not installing driver of LG properly,

Try this step guys if you get free time :

1. Install DRIVER OF LG then reboot your PC
( download http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-me-driver-download.html )

2. Plug your USB cable to PC then wait almost 5min (the pc will installing new software so be patient)
Then you see icon of USB MASS STORAGE

3. Click USB Storage on your phone n see it s working

But if didnt work try reboot your phone n go to recovery
Click mount USB

Hopefully it can solve your prob :)

Last edited:

Soul_Fly

May 11, 2012
New Delhi
Hey guys chill.
the only issue here is before a certain nightly people could access phone external storage without LG drivers just like a regular pen drive etc...
but suddenly this feature seems to have been removed from the newer nightlies.
I just confirmed myself... my CM7 bluemoon doesn't need any drivers (my new laptop doesn't have lg drivers installed) and it loads perfectly fine as a mass storage device.

While installing a driver is a fix we must remember that our phones are 'mobile' devices hence we may use it in many places other than our home and always having to install drivers everywhere is a big inconvenience especially in work computers, certain restricted access systems etc.

And just for confirmation this feature IS available in all android stock roms right since 1.xx and also in my dads samsung android device... also running CM7 (official)

While you are under no obligation to fix this and I agree some people have been really rude about this.. you can't deny that this is not a problem, especially now since these are official builds and hence it only makes sense that people would expect all the features of CM (not even that.. this is a stock feature) to be available to them...

So I kindly ask you to look into this problem..

hope this clears up the confusion....
:)

Sent from my awesome little pecan using xda-developer app

Reactions: Sublimis and rho57

reflush

Jun 5, 2012
just a question ron, is it possible to fix the bt call with one of your unofficials fixes? i really want to upgrade to your latest rom, but this function is really important for me as for lots of other users too. Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation (From any other ROM):

• Root your device and install ClockworkMod 6.0.1.4 Recovery.
    • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    • Do a Nandroid backup!
    • Wipe all (system, data, cache) (full clean wipe is must needed)
    • Flash cm-7-XXXXXXXX-NIGHTLY-p350.zip
      - (where X is date of the latest build)
    • Optionally install the Google Addon

Installation (Upgrade from previous CM7 builds):
    In recovery:
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe dalvik-cache
    • Flash cm-7-XXXXXXXX-NIGHTLY-p350.zip
      - (where X is date of the latest build)

Note: If you installing this release 1st time and not format system. then plz don't make post about 'My phone is stuck at logo'. if you are on CWM you can format from mount&storage menu or if you are on Amon ra then you can use 'Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip' file. flash this file before install rom.

Downloads:

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.

Nightly builds:

http://get.cm/?device=p350&type=nightly

Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

Flashable zip of stock cm kernel:http://www.mediafire.com/?b5ehcxx3knu8enf

NOTE: koush's version of clockworkmod 6.0.1.4 for the p350 is broken, installing koush version will brick your device. Please use this clockworkmod recovery

We don't give any support if you:
    • not using the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • not using the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • have installed any mods/tweaks
    • have modified system files

Before posting a problem you should:

• Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there

HOW TO REPORT A BUG

To be clear, posts without detailed instructions on how to reproduce a problem and without attached logs will be ignored.
    Always provide android (adb logcat) and kernel logs (adb shell dmesg).
    If it's a RIL problem we would need a radio log (adb logcat -b radio), too.
    logcatgtfo.png

Changelog:
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightly Changelog

Sources:
    The sources no longer refer to pecan but to p350 so your ROMs may need some work to be compatible.

Device source : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_p350

Vendor Sources: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge

If you like this work and Then you can do some Donations

Donations to Rongokhle

Donations to Cyanogenmod

Otherwise I would be grateful if you can click the "Thanks" button on the bottom right of this post.
    Howto send patches

Getting Started:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Howto:_Gerrit

Example:
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo start gingerbread device/lge/p350
    -- Make your changes at device/lge/p350
    - cd device/lge/p350
    - git add -A
    - git commit -a
    - cd ~/android/system
    - repo upload CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_p350

Navigate to http://review.cyanogenmod.com , click your commit and Add Ron Gokhle and Ricardo Cerqueira as reviewer
    Unofficial cm7

this is Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 Post

What Diff Btw NIGHTLY And UNOFFICIAL ?

UNOFFICIAL Cm7 have Patches from cm gerrit that not Merged int to cm github and not come with nightly

Latest UNOFFICIAL Cyanogenmod 7: http://www.mediafire.com/?ww0e86e2f2kwktr

List of patches that i used from cm gerrit in 20120907 unofficial cm7

1. Bluetooth Toggle on Lock Screen with gestures
    2. Customizable kill app via back key timeout
    3. Port "Strip Unicode" feature from ICS branch into GB
    4. SensorService: Don't always assume magnetometer is present
    5. bionic: make static object initialization thread safe
    6. fix memory leaking
    7. Modify Running ProcessView as ics (claimed to be better)
    8. Fix file descriptor leak in read_num
    9. Disable AM/PM style selection menu while 24-hour clock is selected
    10. Toggling the flashlight from the lock/pattern/sim unlock screens
    11. Add ability to swap volume keys in selected orientation

and more ;)

If you like Then Hit Thanks Button
    google play fc fix

Facing Google Play FC? Follow this steps:
    1.- Install Titanium Backup
    2.- Make a copy of Market Updater
    3.- Delete Market Updater
    4.- Go to App Admin, Google Play
    5.- Uninstall Google Play's updates
    6.- Chill.

Hope this works for you

IT'S NOT MY GUIDE, THIS FROM FCJelvez SO ALL THANKS GO TO FCJelvez

IF THIS GUIDE NOT WORK FOR YOU THE TRY GUIDE FROM Skyheiser

1 - Clean Google Play Store app data (can be done by the Android app manager)
    2 - Reboot to recovery.
    3 - Wipe Cache.
    4 - Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    5 - Reboot to system.
    guys i can't wait for 2morro night so now i just submit patch in cm gerrit for adding
    official cm7 support for lg optimus me. this link of patch
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/21581/
    you can check here, now we need to wait for rmcc to marge this patch and give official, so guys plz start hard pray
    thanks