S pen randomly clicking stuff

Search This thread

al52025

Aug 25, 2009
Is anyone else having problems with their s pen? It's weird it will actually click on whatever I'm hovering over when I'm at the exact height when u would see the cursor appear from hover view. Had the phones for 2 days with no problems I don't know what happened

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

DisplacedMic

Nov 6, 2011
Is anyone else having problems with their s pen? It's weird it will actually click on whatever I'm hovering over when I'm at the exact height when u would see the cursor appear from hover view. Had the phones for 2 days with no problems I don't know what happened

does this happen every time or just occasionally?

al52025

Aug 25, 2009
does this happen every time or just occasionally?

its random but its only exactly when u get to the point when the cursor would appear from hover view. but really annoying when trying to scroll thru a long list and when u swipe and move the pen up it jumps to somewhere else on the list, or something else is clicked just moving the s pen to the screen to use it. im ordering another s pen from samsung. hopefully thats the problem and i prey not the screen. im wondering if i tapped on the spen to hard or pressed to hard when drawing and messed it up

zerin

Jul 14, 2010

Pop the button cover off on the S Pen and twist the left potentiometer slightly clockwise. It adjusts the sensitivity of the pen and will fix this problem. I had the same issue and fixed it this way.

al52025

Aug 25, 2009
Pop the button cover off on the S Pen and twist the left potentiometer slightly clockwise. It adjusts the sensitivity of the pen and will fix this problem. I had the same issue and fixed it this way.

holy crap it worked! i turned it about an 8th turn very small amount. tried for a couple minutes and its not clicking anything. thanks alot! now if only i was patient enough and didnt order a new pen from samsung about an hour ago. at least amazon is paying for it. thanks again

Xaddict

May 15, 2009
Sydney

I'm getting this problem.

What do you mean by button cover?
The button looks joined to the pen by solid plastic.

G-XtremE

Dec 31, 2011
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Working that potentiometer did the trick for me too. You guys are great!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351883535836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351883535836.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 118

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm getting this problem.

What do you mean by button cover?
    The button looks joined to the pen by solid plastic.

It pops off easily. I used a razor blade and u have to use a tiny flat head to turn the the screw
    It worked for me :)

I was so happy I made a video on how to do it!