• Maybe

Votes: 39 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Geeve

Jul 10, 2011
Well, although I might consider myself a Sony phone customer (4th SE or Sony phone is the Xperia S), I'm starting to reconsider if I'll further buy a Sony smartphone.

That LG Nexus 4 looks so yummy, I would have a bite in the future (if Sony Nexus releases it would be a better phone, but far more expensive).

Best answer of how I feel about this matter:
Maybe...

I really like the Sony hardware, but the slow update cycles (Jellybean March 2013 - Really?) are making we regret buying the Xperia S. I am seriously thinking of selling it and buying a Nexus 4 instead.

The only thing that might change that decision right now, is an official ASOP Jellybean release by Sony/Google. However the ASOP tree looks dead, with no activity for ages.

Thinking that Sony have thrown in the towel with the XPeria S.

Last edited:

zodiac100

Aug 19, 2010
The j butterfly is the front runner for my money. If Sony start next year with 4.2, I'll give them a look in. If not, they can go to hell

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

technaudio

Jul 9, 2010
Yes, without a second thought. I think the s is an awesome phone. I don't care wether I'm on the latest cutting edge software!

It did make me laugh that literally the day Sony released ics everyone started whingeing about when will we get jb...

I bought mine because of how it looks.

Loris93

Aug 21, 2012
Well,i'm considering selling my XS for the Nexus 4,but i would reccomend sony to everyone,XS is amazing.

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
Well,i'm considering selling my XS for the Nexus 4,but i would reccomend sony to everyone,XS is amazing.

I would consider the Nexus 4 if it were 32gb, 16 is too small for me. Also I am not a fan of LG and the glass back on the Nexus 4 is stupid.

Id have to say that one thing that irks me about the Nexus line is how all the rom developers tend to get them leaving much less for other devices. Really you dont need 200 roms for one device. This is one of the reasons why I wish Google would go through with their program to have manufacturs make certain devices for easy updates.

Last edited:

neoxx3m

Dec 8, 2009
Ljubuski
Xiaomi 12X
The only reason for leaving Sony will be Nokia's Android device. Till that Sony rulz! :)
And for all those guys who have only bad words about Sony I can only say shame on You, buy something else and get the f*** outta here because this is Xperia corner!

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

naaney

Apr 24, 2011
After my xperia s gives up i'll be going with the newest Google device( i want fast updates ;)) but fot now my xs rocks

For_itembine

Dec 8, 2011
Absolutely. I love there UI. Its like a better version of stock android IMO

I also love there design.

I do concede the HTC one x and s3 have overall better displays, there is something about the screen, it has a unique look unlike other phone displays

Kiefels

Jan 10, 2011
Northants
Yes i would buy another Sony...

So long as the cameras continue to be awesome, i can text, make and recieve calls, check my email, access internet and maybe a little fb now and then.

Hold on a minute...

Thats what nearly ALL smart phones do!!! Doh!!!

I had an X10 and we screamed for 2.1 because 1.6 sucked. We got it.
Then we screamed for GB and we got it.
I got the XPS and we screamed for ICS and we got it but all of this detracts from the point that Sony makes good phones.
Doesn't matter if you have 1.6 or 8.4, your phone still does phone stuff. Everything else is a bonus.

We are all here on XDA to get the most out of our handsets ( I get that) but just because Joe Bloggs has JB on his L crappo G doesn't make his handset better than mine.

All the posts on Sony not caring about updates and others do...
Pffffft!!!
If you let sub-standard versions out and are constantly nagged about phones crashing and bugs you would want to move the next one out quickly too.
Also, if your hardware isn't top notch you need some other selling point.
Quad core phones and super quick dual-cores???

Eye catchers and gimmicks to make you part with your hard earned cash.
I have a quad core PC and my cpu meter never goes over 48%. So what you going to do on a phone that warrants a quad core?

Every day punters on the street don't care whats inside, all they want is what all their mates have and it looks pretty.

I have moderated forums for different handset manufacturers and have tried many myself and my personal choice having test driven many is Sony.

Yes the screens are inferior to Samsung, yes the processor is slower than most and yes more ram could be useful but until someone can come up to me with a phone that looks as good, feels good, works good and sports a good functional camera then i am sitting on Sony. ( don't give me the Iphone flim flam either, ios is not for me)

All the flamers and haterz can take a long walk off a short pier.
You don't have to keep your Sony and you cartainly don't need to come on here and ***** about it.
I don't recall this being called the Xperia S, U, P, Sola etc flaming forum!!!!

And to try to appease other nay sayers...
Remember this is phone first and foremost and people here seem to be losing this very simple FACT.

Rant over...

Now i definitely see K900's point
Apologies for agreeing with someone on, my bad!!! :-/
Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

AwesomeTurtle

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
awesometurtle.com
And for all those guys who have only bad words about Sony I can only say shame on You, buy something else and get the f*** outta here because this is Xperia corner!

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Quite uncalled for, if I do say so myself.

Of course! Rumours around here that they have quad core are very exciting

ICS and JB is on the N9 :p

NITDroid is hardly official firmware.

This is where I attempt to justify a lot of the Xperia NXT weak points by downplaying and/or "counterbashing" phones with so much as a hint of a perceived advantage over my glorious device.

Seacrest: Out...

o ok.

Last edited:

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
Haters are going to be haters....
Anyways, Sony sold 8.8 million phones this quarter, beating LG and HTC. This shows Sony slow rise unlike the quality posts which is deteriorating rapidly.

leechgod27

Dec 11, 2010
valsad
Obviously yes!
Using sony from the times of k508i.From that time sony had features like

1.select/copy/cut/paste whenever there is text
2.Long press volume up/down to change track
3.Using volume to scroll up/down in texts
4.Camera zoom with volume/joystick
5.Goto options over a mp3 file to directly set as ringtone/contact ring/alarm
6.Physical camera button
7.Camera flash light with torch option
8.infrared share
9.custom msg tones

These should have been be actually patented by them.But the are no Apple guys...I used quite i bit of other phones at that time and these handy user-friendly feature were not found on nokias or motos(worst user friendly than).
I had x10 and than bought an xperia S.Its screen blew my mind.Had to give it to my sister so i was forced to buy rezound(coz my eyes couldnt tolerate anything beyond 340ppi)
And now i am getting mad with this htc phone.
Want ion or T as soon as possible!
Sony phones are a total package of Design,Cam quality,audio,screen resolution,battery life,user friendly ness etc.
Yup...they suck at updates but unlikely htc/moto they provide solid(tried and tested) updates that dont crash or damage hardware.(Remember htc one V/x unreliable fast updates?).Xda is always there to pump steroids in our oudated softwares.
Today is the release date of xperia t and also skyfall here in india and i am posting this!Feels awesome:D

Thanks Sony and Xda.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes i would buy another Sony...

So long as the cameras continue to be awesome, i can text, make and recieve calls, check my email, access internet and maybe a little fb now and then.

Hold on a minute...

Thats what nearly ALL smart phones do!!! Doh!!!

I had an X10 and we screamed for 2.1 because 1.6 sucked. We got it.
    Then we screamed for GB and we got it.
    I got the XPS and we screamed for ICS and we got it but all of this detracts from the point that Sony makes good phones.
    Doesn't matter if you have 1.6 or 8.4, your phone still does phone stuff. Everything else is a bonus.

We are all here on XDA to get the most out of our handsets ( I get that) but just because Joe Bloggs has JB on his L crappo G doesn't make his handset better than mine.

All the posts on Sony not caring about updates and others do...
    Pffffft!!!
    If you let sub-standard versions out and are constantly nagged about phones crashing and bugs you would want to move the next one out quickly too.
    Also, if your hardware isn't top notch you need some other selling point.
    Quad core phones and super quick dual-cores???

Eye catchers and gimmicks to make you part with your hard earned cash.
    I have a quad core PC and my cpu meter never goes over 48%. So what you going to do on a phone that warrants a quad core?

Every day punters on the street don't care whats inside, all they want is what all their mates have and it looks pretty.

I have moderated forums for different handset manufacturers and have tried many myself and my personal choice having test driven many is Sony.

Yes the screens are inferior to Samsung, yes the processor is slower than most and yes more ram could be useful but until someone can come up to me with a phone that looks as good, feels good, works good and sports a good functional camera then i am sitting on Sony. ( don't give me the Iphone flim flam either, ios is not for me)

All the flamers and haterz can take a long walk off a short pier.
    You don't have to keep your Sony and you cartainly don't need to come on here and ***** about it.
    I don't recall this being called the Xperia S, U, P, Sola etc flaming forum!!!!

And to try to appease other nay sayers...
    Remember this is phone first and foremost and people here seem to be losing this very simple FACT.

Rant over...

Now i definitely see K900's point
    Apologies for agreeing with someone on, my bad!!! :-/
    Maybe...

I really like the Sony hardware, but the slow update cycles (Jellybean March 2013 - Really?) are making we regret buying the Xperia S. I am seriously thinking of selling it and buying a Nexus 4 instead.

The only thing that might change that decision right now, is an official ASOP Jellybean release by Sony/Google. However the ASOP tree looks dead, with no activity for ages.

Thinking that Sony have thrown in the towel with the XPeria S.
    Obviously yes!
    Using sony from the times of k508i.From that time sony had features like

1.select/copy/cut/paste whenever there is text
    2.Long press volume up/down to change track
    3.Using volume to scroll up/down in texts
    4.Camera zoom with volume/joystick
    5.Goto options over a mp3 file to directly set as ringtone/contact ring/alarm
    6.Physical camera button
    7.Camera flash light with torch option
    8.infrared share
    9.custom msg tones

These should have been be actually patented by them.But the are no Apple guys...I used quite i bit of other phones at that time and these handy user-friendly feature were not found on nokias or motos(worst user friendly than).
    I had x10 and than bought an xperia S.Its screen blew my mind.Had to give it to my sister so i was forced to buy rezound(coz my eyes couldnt tolerate anything beyond 340ppi)
    And now i am getting mad with this htc phone.
    Want ion or T as soon as possible!
    Sony phones are a total package of Design,Cam quality,audio,screen resolution,battery life,user friendly ness etc.
    Yup...they suck at updates but unlikely htc/moto they provide solid(tried and tested) updates that dont crash or damage hardware.(Remember htc one V/x unreliable fast updates?).Xda is always there to pump steroids in our oudated softwares.
    Today is the release date of xperia t and also skyfall here in india and i am posting this!Feels awesome:D

Thanks Sony and Xda.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
    Given the price of the Nexus 4, not a chance of me buying Sony again.
    with my heart yes, but with my head NO.

so I guess i'm begging to be a guy with a " head on his shoulders"