Search This thread

bharaththeunique

Sep 3, 2011
Surat, Gujarat
Last edited:

TJKV

Jun 25, 2011
It was there when i looked for it in the morning but now it's gone. I guess Mr.Moderator got a little overzealous and removed a legit post ;) But the download link is working fine.

I'll contact quarx about putting it on his server again so people can easily get it, if he still doesn't reply i'll make a thread for it in themes & apps I guess...

EDIT: My post is still there, not deleted or anything...

Sent from my MB526

Last edited:

Sleepy!

Jul 20, 2010
No they don't, at least not yet. I just did another massive thread clean, so I'm hoping eventually people will get the message. :fingers-crossed:

Please move this thread to general.
It's understandable that in the pursuit of your duties as mod, you might not be able to review every post you delete while trying to clean up this thread.
So, to prevent the deletion of legitimate (and rather useful) posts, please move this thread to the general section.
The old CM9 thread was in general, if I remember correctly, and it worked just fine with both dev and noob talk on the same thread.
People will still keep on posting irrelevant (to the dev section) messages, and it won't be possible to remove all of them, so it would be for the better if this whole thread was in the general section.

Defy red lens w/Defy+ (HF5X) battery, should flash Defy or Defy+ version? thx.

Case in point. Just quoting to prove a point, not to blame or offend anyone.

Last edited:

docneo99

Jan 27, 2011
Please move this thread to general.
It's understandable that in the pursuit of your duties as mod, you might not be able to review every post you delete while trying to clean up this thread.
So, to prevent the deletion of legitimate (and rather useful) posts, please move this thread to the general section.
The old CM9 thread was in general, if I remember correctly, and it worked just fine with both dev and noob talk on the same thread.
People will still keep on posting irrelevant (to the dev section) messages, and it won't be possible to remove all of them, so it would be for the better if this whole thread was in the general section.

Case in point.

i pretty much agree what Krushnam said...
not only the new, but members with 100 posts, also ask the questions which r answered more than hundred times...so its not gonna stop whatever one moderator can do, most of the guys want everything spoon fed....and if any moderator takes any very strict action, it will make things difficult atleast in some aspects for all, developers moderators and the members.

i know its not related to development, im sorry for that, but thought to quote this point.
moderators , sorry to trouble u, but plz delete this post after reading.

Last edited:

roo1313

Apr 14, 2011
Hi

Since 27.10 update battery drain is definitely away: i have a spare defy (a BL7 bricked one that i unbricked thanks to help around here :good:) that is on plane mode for 3 days and battery is still at 67%...previously in same conditions it drained battery in 1 day top.

Th for the improvement!!

spukis

Dec 5, 2008
VPN and UPNP Problems

Hi, i am following this thread now for a longtime...
as i know the battery drain problem is a major problem i am happy now that it seems to be solved!

But for me there are to (or maybe one) big network problems. Since ICS it is not possible to establish a PPTP VPN connection and it is also not possible to use UPNP to find other libraries or renderer in the network. In the log in both cases something like "socket could not opened" is show.

Have anyone a workaround for this problem, or is someone working on this problem?

Please reply....

PS: First I though it is a kernel (or kernel module) problem, but the problem is also present with Quarx custom kernel!

Reactions: RELSTER and defim

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
It was there when i looked for it in the morning but now it's gone. I guess Mr.Moderator got a little overzealous and removed a legit post ;) But the download link is working fine.
I'll contact quarx about putting it on his server again so people can easily get it, if he still doesn't reply i'll make a thread for it in themes & apps I guess...

EDIT: My post is still there, not deleted or anything...
I never delete posts with useful things like download links.

As far as moving this thread to General, I'm not sure I like that idea. This is a ROM thread, so naturally it belongs in development. It seems to me that moving it to General would be to give in to the trolls/spammers and let them run the show by allowing their bad habits to continue. For the sake of continuity, XDA prefers all posted ROMs for a device to be in the same place. I will keep it under consideration though.

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi, i am following this thread now for a longtime...
as i know the battery drain problem is a major problem i am happy now that it seems to be solved!

But for me there are to (or maybe one) big network problems. Since ICS it is not possible to establish a PPTP VPN connection and it is also not possible to use UPNP to find other libraries or renderer in the network. In the log in both cases something like "socket could not opened" is show.

Have anyone a workaround for this problem, or is someone working on this problem?

Please reply....

PS: First I though it is a kernel (or kernel module) problem, but the problem is also present with Quarx custom kernel!

Android 4.2 has some upnp included, so let's wait until quarx has done the version bump

vedhasd

May 31, 2012
Gaithersburg
Moderator,

I have one suggestion, why don't we write a sticky a central guide which will direct users to various threads according to which are existing and specially if we write about 2nd boot there it will guide the needful.

-thank you
(No offence to anyone)

Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

vaibhav palande

Jan 27, 2012
Pune
Problem with USB mass storage..... Can't connect using mass storage mode.. MTP USB driver install failed...
It was working flawlessly on the previous builds.. Any1... Any help??

vaibhav palande

Jan 27, 2012
Pune

Yes.... That helped... When i went to device manager, it was showing android device and under that it was showing ADB interface.. i just did update driver software then selected the USB composite device from 'Let me pick the driver' option... and voila... it worked...

And as mentioned in that link by u.. I don't have a problem after reconnecting the device.. It still detects my cell as USB mass storage device when Mass storage mode is enabled in device.. Now my MTP drivers are also installed properly....

EDIT: NO.... MTP install failed again..... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: kartrikpal

jrp1305

Feb 3, 2011
I do not remember any about that in the last V4...are you guys having reboots?
It is withy a pretty decent speed in my opinion, but those reboots are killer.

Any suggestions?

I tried a wipe cache /dalvik and it rested 'in peace" per about 40/50 minutes and rebooted again...

Tks

(one strange thing if I try to change the processor "mode" to performance per example, it triggers a reboot.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.1.2 Jellybean for Defy and Defy+

Download Link: http://quarx2k.ru
    Epsylon3 Builds: http://defy.wdscript.fr/
    Mirrors: http://defy.bytekiste.de/
    http://d-h.st/users/Quarx
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/
    Minimal gaaps(Gmail,Market,Gtalk,Synchronisation) http://quarx2k.ru/gapps-jb-20120726-minimal.zip
    Gapps + Working Google Now - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30988910

12.07: Boot up :)
    14.07: Phone, Mobile Data, USB, Mass storage, Sensors, Camera(Photo), GPS/AGPS.
    18.07: Audio (thanks to maniac103), Video rec/play, Panorama, FM-Radio.
    19.07: Install app to sdcard, mp3 codec, video codec fixes, rework fm-radio, cyan update.
    22.07: Usb fixes, USB Tethering, Data Usage, Preferred Network (umts/cdma) selection, CrystalTalk
    23.07: Fix audio lock-ups (thanks to nadlabak), a2dp, fix volume change, OS FMRadio and fm volume change in background by maniac103, leds
    26.07: Themes, button backlight, fix lag bootanimation, imei/mac... cyanogen updates.
    28.07: re-fix button backlight, holo fm-radio, Option for enable/disable On-Screen Button(36dp)
    04.08: Fix volume rocker music controls, Realtime switch of OnScreenButtons and size of it, Phone/SMS apps now in memory all the time, Enable CPU TLS Register, Auto-Backlight Settings, Boosted governor by default... maybe forgot some more..
    08.08: Improved stablity of camera (bayer have problem with sound), DroidSSHD, Trebuchet, common stablity fixes.
    10.08: update Moto RIL to v4, fm-radio to lockscreen, hwui blacklist on mb525, fix realtime OnScreenButtons, Fix MotoPortal, Disable get local ipv6 adress.
    12.08: Auto-backup battd, Port phone features from cm9, Add national data roaming and make it optional (from AOKP).
    22.08: Fix ability change brightness of buttons(Defyparts), compass fix, Apollo intent fix (which fixes last.fm etc), dalvik heap 128mb -> 48mb, wifi changes
    25.08: Disable lock in memory Phone and sms apps(by users requests), fix OnScreenButtons, ipv6 tweaks.
    28.08: Fix 00:00:00:00:00:00 SSID in apps, fix audio routing in dock modes
    03.09: Fix Audio in video rec(not ideal) and decrease fps in preview camera (not in video), 2Channels for audio, DSP-Manager in software which support JB (ex, apollo) it's not a bug, support multiboot, wifi-tethering (thanks ot devs of ml2, maybe have bugs, not tested)
    04.09: Fix compass, update sgx libs to JB, fix wallpapers, improve video perfomance, new touch driver (for test, only 2 fingers for now, more will be enabled in next build).
    12.09: Fixed touch driver (allow touches upto 10), Fix for data connection, thanks to SlugZero, also some more fixes for stability ril, disable fps limit in preview.
    24.09: Video rec fixes, add 720p rec (not by default, unstable),cyanogen updates.
    2ndboot builds: one build for mb525&526
    10.10 Android 4.1.2, CRT-Animation , custom kernel, experimental. Included patch for flashlght(not tested, but shouldn't burn it)
    11.10 Fix red camera, updated 2ndboot.ko, fix pds mount and permissions.
    18.10 Kernel update:fix wifi tether(reboot), reduce battery drain, fix charge only mode, cleanup unused drivers, fix button lights, fix slow boot and lags after boot.
    02.11 Add power hal, interactive governor+bootpulse(should be default in bootemnu for correct work power hal),kernel fixes from upstream, cleanup/disable unused drivers, fix SGX clocks, add bp_ptc service(only service), fix battery drain, add fuse rw-ntfs/extfat fs support(not tested, but should work), fix backlight settings, fix small problem with fm-radio on notfication drawer, add cm file manager(can work incorrect), restore live wallpapers, cm sync....

17.11 Update kernel to 2.6.32-60, backport some optimisation from 4.2, fix mount options for ext4, cyanogen update, restore conversion to RGB->YV12 for video.
    18.11 Apply many optimisations: Android compiled with latest Linaro toolchain GCC-4.7, kernel compiled with Linaro toolchain GCC-4.5.4. Little wifi fixes.
    28.11 Disable linaro for android, fix adhoch, new battd, fix bt.
    04.12 Partial linaro, Fix upnp/dlna(thanks to nadlabak), fix reboot in bootmenu/recovery, cyan fixes.
    05.12 Fix root, fix adb, fix ROOT/ADB settings from dev menu , cyan fixes.
    22.12 Stability fixes, cyan updates.
    23.12 Fix shutdown, built-in call rec function(thanks to nadlabak).
    29.12 Revert to .9 kernel (for audio tests and stability), fix root permissions on CMFileManager, adb can be disabled now, bootmenu now has only one custom recovery option.
    30.12 Restore .60 kernel, some fixes in android which can cause ringing problems.
    07.01 Again fix root permissions on CMFileManager, fix battery when ADB disabledl, again some fixes which can cause ringing problems.
    17.02 rgnd service, increase performance of camera.
    07.03 Fix for deskclock (from YetAnotherForumUser). Based on clean 2.6.32 moto tree, should fix many random problems... or add more :p
    24.03 Completely new wifi/wifi-ap driver, switch to wpa_supplicant8, Wifi ap AP - 72mbps :)
    25.03 Some fixes in wifi, fixed MAC, WiFi direct implemented
    26.03 Improved stability of wifi.
    09.04 Suspend optimization.
    11.05 Updated USB-Gadget to native for 4.x, fix mtp/ptp/storage/tethering. Removed usb.apk/usbd.
    16.05 Very experimental build, contain a lot of updates from kernels 2.6.33 - 3.1. Increased performance, added swap. Memory management updated to 2.6.39(3.0) state. Some parts updated to 3.1. Blechd0se patches for interactive gov.
    22/23+ experimental.
    16.06 Updated wifi driver & wpa_supplicant, improvement in interactive governor by @Blechd0se. Updated kernel with some patches from upstream.
    09.07 Stability fixes. Updated bootmenu. This build not contain ZCache/Zram/Swap
    30.10 Fixed Video playback, latest kernel changes(same as 10.2), gpu 266mhz...

TIPS: LG Camera app works better with video rec.
    Do not enable "Allow purging of assets" - it makes many lags.

Some users ask about new donate app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donatecm_10 :)

F.A.Q
    Just funny video:)

device-2012-07-13-002749.jpgdevice-2012-07-13-002457.jpgdevice-2012-07-13-002509.jpg
    I appreciate some of the comments here about the difficulty of keeping threads like this cleaned and organized, especially with so many users not following instructions. However, this is the job I signed up for, so it's not a big deal. :)

That being said, since nothing else seems to be working, I'm going to temporarily close this to force people to use the other support threads for this ROM. If you have a legitimate bug to report and serious question that needs answering, use the support threads (an absolute last resort would be PMing the developer). This will be reopened at the appropriate time.

[Support] - [JB] CM10 Android 4.1.1 for the Defy(+)
    [FAQ] [JB] CM10 for Defy/Defy+ (by Quarx) (Added DPI Mod Guide)
    [SUPPORT] Quarx's CM10 PROBLEMS reporting thread

closed_cleaning.png
    Build will not removed.
    Demo build is uploaded for everyone.;)

Android 4.2 has new libc/linker, which breaks compatibility with old moto binaries. Need some time to fix it:)
    And i think, better discuss 4.2 in different thread.
    Sound now works:)
    All thanks for help to maniac103:)
    Thanks guys for found workaround, it can be caused by adb.
    Please try this ramdisk and check battery http://quarx2k.ru/ramdisk
    Replace in /system/bootmenu/2nd-boot