[ROM][ICS][IMM76L] CyanogenMod 9 by ivendor - RC5

Search This thread

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "ariesve" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ariesve" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9001" || getorop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9001"
E:Error in blablabla.zip (the name of the rom zip)
(status 7)
Installation aborted......

I have cranium rom (an old version, probably from 1st quarted 2012, that is 2.3 but simulated 4.0 .....
How to correct this?

Thanks!!

Droid843

Oct 1, 2012
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "ariesve" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ariesve" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9001" || getorop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9001"
(status 7)

I have cranium rom (an old version, probably from 1st quarted 2012, that is 2.3 but simulated 4.0 .....
How to correct this?

Thanks!!

Did you make a clean install? Try to download your rom again (bad download?) and wipe everything (system, cache, dalvik) do it again. will work!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

omegaRED7

Jan 2, 2012
Skopje
Remove "HW accelerated gui
HW accelerated video" ,cuz it's buggish and don't work 100% .Stop LYING.

Install Gingerbread and go back to the hole you crawled out of just to insult the work of others, which you don't respect. You've got some nerve...

Sent from my GT-I9001

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

(status 7)

How to correct this?

Thanks!!

What recovery are you using? You need to use arco's CWM 5/6 or TWRP, otherwise try to re-download the ROM, could be a corrupt download.

Sent from my GT-I9001

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
FeaMod Recovery v.1.4 - based on CWM v.5.5.0.4

Being based on CWM 5, i thought it was going to be valid......

Formatting /system didn't fix anything

Xistance

Dec 20, 2011
(status 7)

How to correct this?

Thanks!!

Make sure you have CWM 5/6 or twrp as recovery. If it still didn't work you can go to META-INF/com/google/android/ and edit updater-script. Delete the top few lines that are also shown in your error.

Edit: Of course these files are in the rom zip. No, feamod doesn't work.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano
FeaMod Recovery v.1.4 - based on CWM v.5.5.0.4

Being based on CWM 5, i thought it was going to be valid......

Formatting /system didn't fix anything

Feamod is BASED ON CWM... Is not CWM... Is it clear the difference? Update the recovery as written everywere... CWM or TWRP...

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RobyRc

Feb 21, 2012
Nashville
Install Gingerbread and go back to the hole you crawled out of just to insult the work of others, which you don't respect. You've got some nerve...

Sent from my GT-I9001

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

What recovery are you using? You need to use arco's CWM 5/6 or TWRP, otherwise try to re-download the ROM, could be a corrupt download.

Sent from my GT-I9001
idiot,i didn't say i don't respect
And ivendor,please rename ..this isn't CM9 more..it's IVENDOR ROM..I remember BLN isn't in CM9 official ..and more things..
AND, ARCO CM9 It's AN PURE CM9. And our phone is the only 1 who have 2"CM9". ( i put " " cuz this isn't cm9)

Last edited:

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
I guess I have no option but to flash CWM via odin and then flash the rom.... do I?
Where can I find a guide to flash via Odin the necessary recovery?
Odin has a lot of options and depending on what are you doing you must use ones or others... thanks :)

Laurentyu1995

Apr 15, 2012
Oradea
And ivendor,please rename ..this isn't CM9 more..it's IVENDOR ROM..I remember BLN isn't in CM9 official ..and more things..
AND, ARCO CM9 It's AN PURE CM9. And our phone is the only 1 who have 2"CM9". ( i put " " cuz this isn't cm9)

PLEASE STOP !!! too much spam . you shouldn't give advices because you're not a developer and you don't help in any way, only spam

p.s: If you don't like the name of ROM don't install it: isn't necessary; install GB; and RESEPCT DEVELOPERS and their decisions

Last edited:

t0kgrumps

May 28, 2012
Singapore
PLEASE STOP !!! too much spam . you shouldn't give advices because you're not a developer and you don't help in any way, only spam

p.s: If you don't like the name of ROM don't install it: isn't necessary; install. GB; and RESPECT DEVELOPERS and their decisions

This guy (RobyRC) has been spamming in CM9 related threads about some hw acc problem and even pro devs don't even know what the heck is he talking about. He is also conparing our device with his lg black. Seriously, what the heck is his problem. He should have stayed with his lg phone and not spam on our forum.

Xistance

Dec 20, 2011

"BLN isn't in CM9". Well then, your face when you learn BLN is kernel dependent.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

DreamerTKM

Jun 20, 2012
Georgetown

Don't understand why people nowadays don't know how to show respect to the other. As our phone doesn't get official support from CM9 and these good developers port and develop out the Cyanogenmod to all of us Free Of Charge and you still blame this blame that???

Besides that, they are the OP for the thread they have freedom to name their thread based on what they like...If you don't like it enjoy your 2.3.6 GingerBread :good:

So you show your respect by calling people liars? Riiiight...

Sent from my GT-I9001

Because he think he able to port CM11 to us :)

**Back to topic now

I guess I have no option but to flash CWM via odin and then flash the rom.... do I?
Where can I find a guide to flash via Odin the necessary recovery?
Odin has a lot of options and depending on what are you doing you must use ones or others... thanks :)

They are all available in the i9001 wiki page...search for the guide inside there...
Here is the link
Inside there you will able to find few options either to flash using Odin or flash using current recovery that you have :)

***Sorry for bad English

Samms

Apr 5, 2012
Jeebus, even after a thorough cleaning of the thread some still can't keep themselves from disregarding the forum rules or simply lack any sense of human decency.

I was looking to thank a poster I believe posted a tip to set the maximum allowed background processes to 3. I knew about this setting but I keep forgetting to set this again as it reverts to default after a reboot. So, thanks for the reminder (although I much rather find the corresponding Thanks-button).

I do however encounter several FCs using this ROM but it may have been due to extensive use and be easily remedied by a clean reinstall. However, by ticking "Show all ANRs" in the developer Settings section, I was able to track the note services. To my frustration it sometimes (although rarely) mentions Trebuchet.

Any work around for that? I did however Supercharge it and I'll have to read up on changing an alternate Launcher to DieHard or HTK.
I'm hoping the Batterylife and wifi signal can expect some tweaks or improvements but by not being much of a dev myself, I cannot complain.

Keep it up!

UpGado

Jan 18, 2012
Berlin
new bug maybe it CM9 fault also it'sn't so critical see attachment :eek:
At bottom :rolleyes:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352204396380.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352204396380.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 637

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

Hi everyone, i'm back and i've decide to start a my thread for my releases.
    This ROM is based on arco's kernel, so no OV (for the moment).
    I'm updating regulary from CM9 official repository and merging arco's work when it's necessary. So my credits go to all the Cyanogenmod team and arco especially.

For the screenshot and video you can refer arco thread

What's working:
    Audio
    Receiving and making calls
    GPS
    Compass
    Proximity sensor
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    USB mass storage
    HW accelerated gui
    HW accelerated video
    Camera
    USB/Wifi tethering
    BLN

Partially working:
    FM radio (you can use Spirit FM Free with Audio->Method = "qdsp5v2 Altern", there isn't an FM Radio app in CM9)

CM9 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S Plus is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM9 and gapps-ics zips and put in /sdcard

• 2012-10-11: CM9 RC5 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 40f9cbc98399e131df8d7c66b3c1c66f
      • Reverted wifi driver for fix 802.11n issue
      • Updated adreno libs
      • Sync to latest CM Sources

• 2012-09-30: CM9 RC4 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: b7db4eb97068bf0efbb1426a3ed831e8
      • Added toggle for activate BLN in deep sleep mode (Settings->Device->Advanced)
      • Reworked VOIP audio routing.

• 2012-09-26: CM9 RC3.1 [1] [Update from RC3]
      MD5SUM: d2d882197aa53a77dda950003f0c9773
      • RC3.1 Fixed an issue with deep sleep and BLN
      • Fix Recent Remote USSD attack
      • Fixed deep sleep with bluetooth
      • Fixed crash with Samsung STK (credits @eBug)
      • Fixed BLN in deep sleep mode (WARNING! it means that BLN will stop deep sleep while the keyboard led is powered on)
      • Added option to disable BLN (Display->Notification Light)
      • Fix audio on voip calls

• 2012-09-20: CM9 RC2 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: c18c64724c7a284cfabf10d9b1a0a521
      • Lowered haptic feedback strength (credits @arco)
      • Powersave governor and limited min frequency in offline charging mode (credits @arco)
      • Updated wifi driver and changed wifi country code to ALL (credits @arco)
      • Fixed issue with turning on phone when charging (credits @arco)
      • Fixed non working zRam (credits @arco)
      • Kernel improvements from arco's trunk
      • More bitrate for 720p video recorded.
      • New static boot logo with cyanogen logo

• 2012-09-16: CM9 RC1 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 57ad0e5ba9effb159c8815f5d01999b1
      • Fix battery drain when switching 2G/3G toggle
      • Added Hungarian translation for Backlight Timeout Credits @czobor
      • Smoother picture shot with camera
      • Fixed issues with 5-picture camera crash
      • Revert lastest Adreno libs to fix 720p video recording

• 2012-09-02: CM9 beta5 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 4383de78505efe5b3f8c15ebda7c82fd
      • Added device settings activity (Settings->Device->Advanced) for GSensor calibration (Accelerometer)
      • Fix Digital Compass
      • Fix crash while changing brightness levels

• 2012-08-23: CM9 beta4 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 5c632bf472aaeed0d8b3022c15e62376
      • Fix backlight keypad not turning off in normal using
      • Fix battery charging animation in power-off charging
      • Updated adreno gpu libraries (taken from arco)

• 2012-08-17: CM9 beta3 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: b84ecb75f22eb0d60561c46af37dddf1
      • Support for BLN notification in kernel and in CM9 for i9001 (ported from i9000)
      • Added UI for modify BLN timeout in settings (ported from i9000)

• 2012-08-15: CM9 beta2 [1] [2]
      MD5SUM: 4fe0457835649beae48a79023da2a1ef
      • Fix Zoom resetting in camera when auto focus is started
      • Fix crash in camera when set effect on front camera
      • Fix rotation of videos taken with front camera
      • Sync with lastest arco's kernel with audio improvements
      • Sync with lastest CM9 sources

• 2012-08-11: CM9 beta1 [1]
      MD5SUM: abd07138286b5a4b9acffab1e047f516
      • Fix USB Mount to PC
      • Added zoom for back camera
      • Fix In-Call Volume

• 2012-08-10: CM9 First release [1]
      MD5SUM: 4dfe789ddc37039929283e1c3b9ed436
      • Updated to lastest arco's kernel to fix 720p recording with camera
      • Fixed USB Tethering (with usb tethering active you can't use mass storage and adb)

• gapps
      • gapps version 20120429
        MD5SUM: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c
        Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.
    Before you install CM9: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM5 recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use CWM5 or CWM6.
      For flashing with Odin: recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-ariesve.tar.md5 | recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-ariesve.tar.md5 (Needs AriesVE.ops)
      For using dd command to flash: recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-ariesve.zip | recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-ariesve.zip
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash update*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM9 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM9 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM9 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Note: You can upgrade from arco's CM9 and vice versa.

Credits
    CyanogenMod Team
    arco for his work in CyanogenMod, i9001 kernel, his recovery and for this install guide :)

Sources
    All my sources are on GitHub

FAQ
    • For recovery bootloop problem you should at this post
    • BLN feature recap:
      • It is activable/deactivable from Settings->Displays->Notification Light
      • Its timer is adjsutable from Settings->Device->Advanced
      • The timer settings is 1.6 seconds by default, i advice not to set it to infinite because whenever the light of keypad is turned on, the phone can't go in deep sleep.
      • There is no blinking support in it at this time, this is a raw porting of BLN for i9000.
    • No System Sounds UI:
      • Download this app
      • Set the system volume to maximum (7). You should hear the sounds again.
    Ivendor are you working on jellybean with arco?

Yes i'm working with arco, but i can't tell when we can release something.
    Here it is the first Release Candidate!

Fixed a weird isssue with 2g/3g toggle, and fixed the last known issues with camera.
    Released RC2!
    RC5 released:

Fix wifi issues!
    New adreno libs!