Search This thread

raulz28

Dec 17, 2011
For you guys experiencing heavy battery drain. Let your phone drain all the way to single digit percentages and see how long it last until it actually turns off. I was having the same problem then one night I was at 1% while leaving the track so just decided to use it until it turned off. It wouldn't turn off after using it for a half hour so I set it to 1200MHz with performance governor and it still gave me about 2 hours with some extremely heavy usage since I was trying to get it to run out of juice.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

jeffhui

Jan 9, 2012
HKSAR
For you guys experiencing heavy battery drain. Let your phone drain all the way to single digit percentages and see how long it last until it actually turns off. I was having the same problem then one night I was at 1% while leaving the track so just decided to use it until it turned off. It wouldn't turn off after using it for a half hour so I set it to 1200MHz with performance governor and it still gave me about 2 hours with some extremely heavy usage since I was trying to get it to run out of juice.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

Guys, you know, it's extremely bad to the battery that you stressed it out totally. And it's irrelevant to what i mean. Compared with 1030 with v1.3 performance kernel, 1105 with v1.4 stable kernel is draining more than it. So it must be something about the ROM or kernel, not the battery.

raulz28

Dec 17, 2011
Guys, you know, it's extremely bad to the battery that you stressed it out totally. And it's irrelevant to what i mean. Compared with 1030 with v1.3 performance kernel, 1105 with v1.4 stable kernel is draining more than it. So it must be something about the ROM or kernel, not the battery.

I'm not an expert but I don't see a problem in letting the battery drain it's not like I was overclocking it to the extreme I just kept the screen on by playing several games and stuff. My post is leading more to it being the battery levels being displayed incorrectly than battery drain. I've also heard of people having their phone last several hours on 1% which means it really wasn't at 1% the phone just wasn't showing the correct percentage.

raulz28

Dec 17, 2011
One minor bug that I have noticed in the last couple of nightlies is that when I restore my apps from Titanium backup when I try and open those apps they FC. For example, I can't open Pandora or imgur but I can open Words and a couple of other apps. Got a log of Pandora and imgur FC'ing hope it helps

Attachments

• N4GM7CGS.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 8

pitastrudl

May 15, 2011
Ljubljana
slo-android.si
people please.... battery drain is hardly blamed on the rom. There are so many variables that matter, s ch as connectivity usage, apps usage, cpu clocks, syncing in apps.l etc. So dont blame the rom right away.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
This is probably the funniest bug I've found, I'm not even sure how it would creep up - unless its on purpose!

uploadfromtaptalk1352185203896.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: MyCanSeeYou

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
I'm not an expert but I don't see a problem in letting the battery drain it's not like I was overclocking it to the extreme I just kept the screen on by playing several games and stuff. My post is leading more to it being the battery levels being displayed incorrectly than battery drain. I've also heard of people having their phone last several hours on 1% which means it really wasn't at 1% the phone just wasn't showing the correct percentage.

Well, you're wrong. :)
Fully discharging a LiIon battery isn't good for it's lifetime, in the long run you're loosing capacity and the number of possible charge/discharge cycles before the battery breaks. Worst case a deep discharge will irreversibly damage it, but the device and/or battery pack should protect itself against that via some internal safety circuit.

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
people please.... battery drain is hardly blamed on the rom. There are so many variables that matter, s ch as connectivity usage, apps usage, cpu clocks, syncing in apps.l etc. So dont blame the rom right away.

I don't even see any problems with battery drain, it's excellent!
-After 1hr 45 mins of screen use it goes from 60% to 10%. That's twice as good as sense ROMs
- Deep sleep for an hour and a half and didn't even drop a percent.
- and WiFi was on and I was in a poor signal area
- its great!

uploadfromtaptalk1352196543348.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

re_di

May 3, 2011
Business Card

Dear all!
I am trying to get an info about business card, but nobody answers.
Are you able to get business card from another phone via sms?
I am unable to get any, but sender receives report, that I got it.

Second issue is improper underlining in "Phone" app. What is funny, it starts work in wrong way from third digit.
Do you have the same issues?

jeffhui

Jan 9, 2012
HKSAR

i was not trying to blame it but mentioned it to the dev. if it is a original problem which had not been solved, i won't say it. it is because i see the retrogression on the newer releases. that means there should be something about the program after some changes and that why i want to let the dev knows. i thought it is the reason for feedback, otherwise why!?!?

Raza Qadri

Jul 31, 2012
Dear all!

Second issue is improper underlining in "Phone" app. What is funny, it starts work in wrong way from third digit.

I also have the first issue

If I helped you press thanks
If no then sorry

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Well, you're wrong. :)
Fully discharging a LiIon battery isn't good for it's lifetime, in the long run you're loosing capacity and the number of possible charge/discharge cycles before the battery breaks. Worst case a deep discharge will irreversibly damage it, but the device and/or battery pack should protect itself against that via some internal safety circuit.

Li-On batteries (minor differences not withstanding) generally have a life span of around 1000 charges, meaning completely dead to completely charged. most manufacturers recommend at least completing one full cycle every month, that being said, you can generally get about 3-5yrs out of a Li-On battery. you dont actually loose capacity so to speak what you loose is the ability to hold that capacity. the advantage of Li-On batteries is that rather than the charge slowly disipating when it runs out of available juice it just stops. (test this with a Li-On cordless drill) it will have the same power output and torques displacement accross the board, the last use will have the same power/torque as the first.

oops, sorry for rambling. my bad.

ReeS86

Oct 5, 2008
Kitchener ON
Dear all!

I'm unable to find the function to send a business card either, so my thought is that it's not even part of the stock messaging or contacts application. I use Handcent from the market (free) and it has this option to send and receive vCards via SMS. From the conversation thread in Handcent click the lightning bolt icon to the left of the text input box.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but hope it helps!

I would recommend before posting questions about battery drain people calibrating the battery by letting it drain until it turns off and charging it to full again. It can't hurt really. Also use battery monitor widget to check actual drain in mah. My experience is that biggest causes in battery drain are bad connections (I use 2g when I don't use a mobile data connection), in some cases also wifi connections, and screen off course.

Other question: after boot the media process takes up a large amount of cpu capacity making the phone sluggish and unresponsive for a number of minutes. Is it possible / wise to skip this process? I don't know the function of this.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Reactions: DeathmonkeyGTX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are official codefireX JellyBean Nightlies brought to you by Synergy(e) and TeamCodefire.

codefireX is a CM10 spinoff with the goal of providing additional power-user features (all contained in the codefireX settings panel) while still maintaining full upstream CM compatibility for automated CM merges daily for the nightlies. This means the nightlies are fully up to date with the CM10 nightlies, however you get additional features too! The codefireX settings panel will become even more populated with cool tweaks as this project progresses, and more device nightlies will also be added.

The github for the local manifest for use with CyanogenMod's JellyBean manifest is HERE. The device repos were moved over to ANDROMADUS with the inclusion of synergy(e) into the Andromadus team. The kernel compiled off git during every nightly is HERE and the kb-stable branch is what is synced/used. Changelogs are not available, however you may use github (github is always current). The maintainer for this device will not respond to questions on this thread, so please help your fellow android user out :)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PHONES ON FIRE, BLACK EYES, FINDING YOUR PHONE IN ORIFICES SURPRISINGLY, FRIED PHONES, YOUR CAT DYING, OR YOUR KID DOING A LINE OF BATH SALTS AND EATING YOUR FACE

Thanks and Credits:
    • IOMonster
    • KozmikKick
    • Faux123
    • MDeejay
    • ShowP1984
    • Cayniarb
    • ToastCFH
    • Kali-
    • eXistZ
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • Bhanvidia
    • DeamonFish
    • MrSchapps
    • Kraizk
    • ALL Team Codefire members
    • Google
    • KushDeck
    • Aus_azn
    • BananaCakes
    • Contactwajeeh
    • Rafyvitto
    • dumpsta
    • cruzin_cruzin
    • zacgoesrawr
    • Zanzibar
    • crackajack
    • Zelendel
    • daspazz
    • jenkem110
    • Virtuous Team
    • Andromadus Team
    • RandomBlame
    • CyanogenMod Team

Like my work? Feel free to buy me a beer for early morning dev HERE

OFFICIAL FREENODE IRC CHAN IS #codefirex

OFFICIAL TWITTER LINK IS twitter.com/misterauditor

Download Nightlies
    Download Gapps
    Apologies for the OT
    But I just did something for codfireX here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32508909#post32508909

Don't be sorry! Pnoire's been rubbing screenshots in my face ever since you recruited her! As I've said before, if you decide to work this into a theme chooser theme, let me know what needs to be themable in the ROM, and I'll include it in codefireX (so ALL cfX devices will get it). I would love to :).

Also, hi guys!

Regarding kernel, I think there's another unrelated bug now actually with zram. If anyone gets another reboot, could you try disabling zram and letting me know? That would be in settings -> performance -> memory management *in english.
    BTW to anyone else who looks at this with other devices, this forum is the only one I'll be providing support in for cfX as most other cfX devices are central to other sites. And other sites don't have my static ip's totally blocked still.

Edit: damn, XDA has a thanks limit per day? Where's the love?!
    Am I right in guessing that the nightlies will have none/minimal changes made until synergye gets a reasonable build of 4.2 working?

Exactly right. That's where all my attention's going right now. Finding it hard to justify 4.1.2 **** when I can work on 4.2 instead ;)

Edit: bitbucket.org/codefirex for all the 4.2 work that eXistZ and I are doing.

sent from codefireX
    Finally got the black screen and reboot bugs taken care of. Wifi may also be fixed now. I just pushed a new performance kernel with the fixes, and the new nightlies will also have the fixes. Thank you all for the awesome support and logs.
    Update: new nightlies will be up in about an hour. I've decided to start building with 4.6.3 (still with new optimizations) until I fix the zip corruption issue with 4.7.3. The fixes were stacking up on my git, and I felt a need to start them up again. The fixes include dock audio, group messaging, brightness slider, a few chromium fixes, then some new features. You asked, I listened :).

Sent from codefireX