I flashed a N7100 custom rom onto an N7105

Search This thread

default159

Oct 27, 2012
Hi Viper, I'm new here, so this might be a dumb question. With the method of a 'flash pack' will it be possible to use N7100 roms on T-mobile's Note II (T889) or any other model?

It should be possible, as it seems that the modem is the only problem there also, right?

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi Viper, I'm new here, so this might be a dumb question. With the method of a 'flash pack' will it be possible to use N7100 roms on T-mobile's Note II (T889) or any other model?

It should be possible, as it seems that the modem is the only problem there also, right?

Possible if u can make the lte working.
Which that is the main issue.
Some user face the bootloop coz the modem file. Some user can boot the phone but totally lost the lte connection.
That is what Viperboy doing now. Create a patch after flashing the rom, to make lte working again

Sent from N7105, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Pyr0x64

Mar 7, 2010
Merseyside
No not yet, it was getting late and I needed to sleep
I plan on trying it out later. Will have to flash CWM and backup my current rom etc.

Framedtrash

No not yet, it was getting late and I needed to sleep
I plan on trying it out later. Will have to flash CWM and backup my current rom etc.

I just flashes it with no wipe
Install went fine no issues
There is still the odd bit of chinise even with english set
It has also blocked some google services ie google.com no longer works and my contact names have been removed
Since its a chinise rom my guess is google has to be filtered on all devices
Im sure its just some changes to the host file
uploadfromtaptalk1351942326467.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Pyr0x64

Mar 7, 2010
Merseyside
yeah the hosts file blocks a few sites, google, apple, facebook, flickr & yahoo.
I replaced the hosts file and the csc files before flashing and it seems to be running ok so far. it booted and i still have network at least... :)

Last edited:

Framedtrash

How are your contacts
Ive lost my smart dialer
Ie when I start typing in a number into the dialr it doesnt come up with my contacts
It doesnt seem to like syncing the google contacts correctly

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Never mind I got it working
Just had to restire my csc backup
All working fine now
Getting the occasional FC but im sure if I did a clean install it would fix that

mix1987

Jun 2, 2011
How does one replace host file and csc files?

Framedtrash

I just use a file explorer that has root access (I use es file explorer its free off market) and then I back the host file and thr csc folder before I flash the new rom
Then once the new rom has been flashed I copy across my backups
Host file is in the ETC folder on the root of your phone and the CSC folder is in the SYSTEM folder also on fhe root of the phone
The host file is a single file and the csc is a entire folder you need to backup

Reactions: mix1987

noobhero

Mar 17, 2010
u guys think ROMS for T-Mobile's Note 2 will work for us since both support LTE?
that would be SGH-T889

edit: nevermind, i think wiki answered me

Last edited:

bonderbond

Nov 4, 2012
Using PimpMyROM

Hi
Just sharing. I had the same problem on Sunday as the thread title mentioned - lost the phone function or baseband stuff.

Fortunately, I could go back to stock rom or firmware.

Instead of waiting for a proper custom rom for N7105, I tried PimpMyROM which has tons of tweaks (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1908269)

It worked, so far no issues.

My view has been that I only want to improve the way things work on the system level. Android 4.2 n themes ... I can wait or play around. Bloatware removal - apparently titanium backup allows - I dunno know as I have not played around tho I purchased TB Pro.

TriangleAway does not seem to work yet on N7105. Apparently ChainFire is working on this.

PS: I am a new user of Android, switched away from iPhone 3GS. I have some background years ago in Unix stuff and so far, I can appreciate how things work inside Android and the phone. Not a guru though. I used to hack or customize O2 Mini through XDA but that was years ago, and before that, I used a Pam V pda. How times have changed!

deadman1013

Nov 3, 2012
Hi
Just sharing. I had the same problem on Sunday as the thread title mentioned - lost the phone function or baseband stuff.

Instead of waiting for a proper custom rom for N7105, I tried PimpMyROM which has tons of tweaks (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1908269)

My view has been that I only want to improve the way things work on the system level. Android 4.2 n themes ... I can wait or play around. Bloatware removal - apparently titanium backup allows - I dunno know as I have not played around tho I purchased TB Pro.
!

Hey thx for the share, tried it myself and worked pretty well.. Just a waste we still dont have a decent deodexed rom yet.. Cheers! :D

jarylw

Oct 20, 2012
Singapore
Hi

TriangleAway does not seem to work yet on N7105. Apparently ChainFire is working on this.

PS: I am a new user of Android, switched away from iPhone 3GS. I have some background years ago in Unix stuff and so far, I can appreciate how things work inside Android and the phone. Not a guru though. I used to hack or customize O2 Mini through XDA but that was years ago, and before that, I used a Pam V pda. How times have changed!

TriangleAway does work with N7105.

Reactions: bonderbond

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten to help out much recently. Been so busy with school. I will try to flash an N7100 ROM tonight and fix my phone from it, hoping the same thing will apply to you guys.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zevth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I will try to work with my tester tonight if I can. I do have the device now, so I can test a few more things than before.
    We just got the the stock tar for my device yesterday. Now I can go back to stock, which was an issue before. I will try to flash ARHD later on my phone and see what needs fixed from there. Maybe it will apply to your phones :) if not, I can't promise anything, but maybe I will try to make a custom ROM for you guys once I finish my ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I tried root, cwm, triangle and custom rom for N7100 on my N7105. All works except for custom N7100 rom. Custom rom from N7100 if installed onto an N7105 will mess with the modem (no phone, message, data transfers but wifi still works). But flashing back N7105 modem unto a N7100 custom rom installed on an N7105 does not bring back use of modem. You need to flash a N7105 stock rom from your country to bring back the use of modem. So that kinda bring us back to square one...

The similiarities are surprisingly many. All functions are intact except for modem. All we need to do is to figure out what modules in a N7105 stock rom needs to be transplanted unto a N7105 installed with a N7100 to make the modem come back.

At first, I created a nandriod backup straight away after root. After creating the nandriod backup, I proceeded to flash a N7100 rom unto a N7105. Modems gone. After that I flashed back the nandriod backup, but modem does not come on. As nandriod backup does not backup the modem, I thought that if I simply flashed the modem extracted from stock N7105 rom onto my N7105 installed with N7100 custom rom I will regain the use of my modem. I was wrong. Modem functionality still remained elusive.

The similiarities between N7100 and N7105 are surprisingly many. All functions are intact except for modem if u flashed N7100 rom unto N7105. All we need to do is to figure out what modules in a N7105 stock rom needs to be transplanted unto a N7105 installed with a N7100 rom to make the modem come back.

The aim of this thread is to port modem capabilities onto an N7105 so that we can do this for all roms in XDA, assuming that developers did not mess with N7100 modems. We will effectively take a N7100 custom rom and flash it on an N7105 with a few steps added to regain modem functionality. This way is much better than a segregated support for both Galaxy Note 2 types. Either this or developers can create roms with dual support for N7105 and N7100. But my way is a more proactive approach on the part of users.

As a heads up for everyone, what is posted doesn't appear like it will work right now. This is a little bit more complicated than I thought. I do have an N7105 tester though, it's faster to work with him than post stuff here and wait for results. When I have more progress for you guys, I will let you know. Just taking me a little big longer than I thought.
    Ok guys, should be good now. I pulled all the files out of it and flashed on my HTC. Got the status 6 error. Fixed some stuff in the updater-script, reflashed, said successful. So this one should work for you! Please give it a shot!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6621763/n7100_to_n7105_flash_pack_3.zip

The only issue I could see at this point is that this flash pack will replace the boot.img, so init.d scripts won't work because it's a stock kernel with no busybox run-parts included. Once we get this sorted out and verify it working, we will address the small details such as that. I just want to see a post of a successful flash from an N7100 ROM! I'm about to head to bed here, so if I don't respond, I will talk to you guys in about 6 hours.