[APP] Flipboard for Android

Search This thread

gesreg

Feb 10, 2012
Jakarta
Flipboard 1.9.6 build 148 is good. Flipboard 1.9.6 + set orientation app is great!

Sent from UMTS EVEREST using XDA Premium HD app

terrbear1

Jan 29, 2010
Awesome. Works flawlessly on the asus infinity running jellybean. I tried to update it through the play store, and it stopped working until I reinstalled it with the apk.

Update - updated perfectly from the Amazon app store. Woot woot.

Last edited:

patsmike

Dec 27, 2011
Boston, MA
Anyone else notice that the most current update to Flipboard (Build 210, Oct 25th) now runs constantly in the background, even after it is closed? Does anyone happen to have an apk for the version just before this one?

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Anyone else notice that the most current update to Flipboard (Build 210, Oct 25th) now runs constantly in the background, even after it is closed? Does anyone happen to have an apk for the version just before this one?

Yeah it happened in one of the last updates. I've posted a Play Store review with 1 star, that this behavior results in instant uninstall of my phone. I've gone back to Feedly now for RSS, who offers great experience.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Gambler_3

zerocool79346

Jul 14, 2010
Lubbock
Yeah it happened in one of the last updates. I've posted a Play Store review with 1 star, that this behavior results in instant uninstall of my phone. I've gone back to Feedly now for RSS, who offers great experience.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

It's because of the audio functionality that has been built in. It has ZERO effect on battery life from what I've seen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: patsmike

Gambler_3

Oct 30, 2011
It's because of the audio functionality that has been built in. It has ZERO effect on battery life from what I've seen.

But it eats ram I dont even use the audio feature. I have also written review warning that I'll stop using the app if they don't fix this.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

springy

Dec 26, 2010
Does it matter, as long as the phone battery is not affected just let android deal with memory management.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: xhepera

patsmike

Dec 27, 2011
Boston, MA

Interesting - just wondering, why do you suspect its bc of audio? My audio player and podcast player both get cached and then quickly disappear even from cache

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

zerocool79346

Jul 14, 2010
Lubbock
But it eats ram I dont even use the audio feature. I have also written review warning that I'll stop using the app if they don't fix this.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

It isnt using RAM enough to affect anything or Android would have shut it down. You choose to uninstall it if you'd like but it's having no real negative effect on your system so i see no need for them to change anything.

Interesting - just wondering, why do you suspect its bc of audio? My audio player and podcast player both get cached and then quickly disappear even from cache

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

I'm just assuming so because that is the only change this update brought that could have caused that kind of behavior. As for why they didn't code it to cache itself, I can't speak to that except to say that Flipboard is coded first and foremost for iOS and then Android so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just overlooked or if their devs are still learning the ropes of Android.

Reactions: xhepera

Aug 16, 2009
Portland, OR
I've got the latest market version installed and I don't have this issue. Flipboard is in my running tasks right after I back out of it, but after a while it drops out of the running apps list. It's still in my processes list, but I assume that's so it can periodically update my feeds.

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
Can you add the option to use a dark/black theme throughout instead please (kind of like pulse), this would be a great feature for night time, especially AMOLED screens.

Top Liked Posts