[13-NOV-2012][ROM][JB][4.1.2] PACman HD2 v1.2a [PA/AOKP/CM10][NativeSD][WIP]

Search This thread

Perlitschke

Jun 7, 2008
Hi all,
crazy, what are you guys with running 1.2 doing different to us whom aren't able to get 1.2 running (ending in boot-lops) ???
I haven't an idea, but want to try the new 1.2 rom :(

Hi Giovanne,

Hint: Remove your SIM-Card, then you can use this Fantasic ROM ;) When you reinsert your SIM-Card, you get this Bootloop-Feature. I checked this out with 2 Different EU HD2 Devices ( NAND+INT2EXT Installation-Typ )...

-Without SIM everything runs great
-With SIM after Lockscreen you get this nice Bootloop

Maybe this short Information above, can help to find a solution...

Best Regards,
Mike

Last edited:

essamfahim

Jan 20, 2010
prefer SD builds

I don't think dev will go back and will still support the old SD build. It was found to be slow as compared to the NativeSD in Ext4. If you still want, you may want to check portadroid thread on how to and do it yourself. Any reason why you still prefer the SD build?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app

I am not facing any problem with SD built .... working very fact .... no bugs .... easy to install .... can try any ROM anytime without the need to format or reformat or create ext4 partition
I tried to rebuild SD from NativeSD .... it's too hard
thanks anyway

Marek989

Dec 21, 2011
Prague
Is Project Butter working om our HD2? I love this ROM, but it's slower somewhere, compared to NexusHD2 ICS. I'm using deodexed ROM.

g.andy

Dec 21, 2010
Catania
Great rom, very very fast.
Thank you Xylo. The issue of ringtones volume is fixed.
But only one problem, the color of buttons of the navbar doesn't work. are always white

linux150

Oct 3, 2010
Linz
Hi Giovanne,

Hint: Remove your SIM-Card, then you can use this Fantasic ROM ;) When you reinsert your SIM-Card, you get this Bootloop-Feature. I checked this out with 2 Different EU HD2 Devices ( NAND+INT2EXT Installation-Typ )...

-Without SIM everything runs great
-With SIM after Lockscreen you get this nice Bootloop

Maybe this short Information above, can help to find a solution...

Best Regards,
Mike

+1

lg
linux150

kinjus0675

Jun 8, 2008
But installed in nand, t-mobile?
I´ve tried several times and anyway, and ko!
:crying:
Thank you Xylo!
:good:

Installed on NAND on my TMOUS Hd2 with a clean install with no issues. Flashed a 5, 200, 5 partition and installed straight to nand. Separately flashed a gapps++ jb package (search xda) and booted up. Signed in with gmail and at home screen let rom settle for 10 minutes, rebooted and installed apps. Rebooted again and so far no issues whatsoever. Hope this helps!

Reactions: bibiteri

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
PA/AOKP/LS/CM10 + Nexus 4...

PACman_leo_v1.2_div3.zip:

- Based on latest PACman ROM (credits: szl.kiev)
- AOKP Milestone 1
- PA 2.53
- Latest CM10 Nightly
. Disable Vibrate on lockscreen
. Toggles can be hidden(AOKP toggles only)
. Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
. Color Engine from PA
. Per app color, latest PA invention, Let's you define navbar color, navbar glow color, navbar buttons color, and statusbar color on per app basis
. Statusbar and navbar color (Independently from per app color, define default colors)
. Statusbar transparency and navbar transparency are finally back (Navbar transparency is only enabled on launcher)
. A lot of fixes to ParanoidPreferences
- Updated NativeSD initrd.gz (for Bluetooth) Credits: marco.palumb, Robbie P , Securecrt
- Wifi tethering Fixed
- Soundrecorder Fixed
- Lots of small fixes
- Updated more apps, but forgot to update supersu and the latest NativeSD boot app.. do that yourself via the market please...
- This version is more like the original PA except some rom control stuff..

I haven't tested this version much because I am short on time, but didn't face any crucial issues...

So enjoy... now back to my break ;)

Glad to see u sneak back here with another awesome update Xylograph... Hope u continue to recoup well...

I was wondering if u could take this Frankenstein of a rom to the next level by adding Liquid Smooth RC7 to it.. Making it PA/AOKP/LS/CM10 ...

Also I am wondering if u'll be getting a Nexus 4 soon... A Nexus 4 PA/AOKP/LS/CM10 Rom would be the Royce Royce of Roms...

costelasleontin

Dec 21, 2009
Confirmed same problem here. It looks like no wifi chip is recognized. Because the toggle is grey in System settings
I see budy u have also microsdhc 32gb UHS-I card from sandisk. Wana know if u experience freezes with this card on Xylos rom or others too.
I have same card and I get freezes on Xylo and some other roms too.After freezes I have to pull baterry out and restart. Sometimes it doesnt see all files in a folder. I tought I maybe got a fake SD but I put it in my kingston card reader and copied some movies and got write speeds above 10 MB/s so it should be original from the comparision I did with other rezultes I saw on youtube. I did a check up with a partitioning software and it sad it doesnt has BADS on it.Well its of course very posible that HD2 aint suporting it well but I need to see if others got same problems like me to exclude other posible causes of the problem. My old class 4 card doesnt have same problems even if I got sometimes file system errors on it.

coyote968

Mar 30, 2011
toscana
@g.andy

I to change key color and background, navbar, I did the AOKP settings ...This is because I added the buttons from there ... ;)

Hinnne

Sep 20, 2008
Aschaffenburg
Well this rom sounds great but i have much problems to get it working on nand.
if i install 1.2 it does not boot always hangs in bootlogo which lightens sometimes up.
so i have to install v1.1 which seams to work but if i update to v1.2
it boots to lockscreen but i cannot use it because i cannot unlock my simcard.
it always falls back to bootlogo if i want to do so. without simcard it boots but it is not usable without a simcard.

so too much bugs for me. no idea how to solve these because i never had something like that.

hope this will be solved soon.

thx

Reactions: hherceg

Irfan Sawar

Mar 11, 2010
Jeddah
Update

Xylo,

Have not yet tried the update yet but thanks anyway. Investing personal time and effort without substantial returns is tough and the only things that pull you through is passion and desire. Only look at the bright side and you will be more happy.

Take care, :good::good:

kingcri

Apr 6, 2010
Updating protocol

Can somebody tell me whether to clean up Dalvik and Cache partitions when updating to 1.2 from 1.1? I'm using MAGLDR

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Ok guys, I've picked some reports/questions to respond on as I am very busy lately to give everone an answer.. so please don't feel ignored or something..

Just so you know.. most of the answers (workarounds) are already in this thread.. it's just next to the usual 1000 x '+1' replies.. :rolleyes:

Yep same here. Wifi refuses to work on 1.2 NativeSD fresh install.
Edit: Looks like the workaround is to install first 1.1 and update to 1.2 for wifi to work.

I will look into the nativesd wifi issue when doing a fresh install when I find some time.. I've just updated my 1.1 rom and didn't had the time to test a fresh install..

Your workaround will work..

hi xylo
How did you fix the voice recorder ?

It's a while ago that I fixed that and I am not sure about it anymore, but I think it had something to do with the media_codecs.xml which I grabbed from tytung when he fixed the video stuff..

I think this one :

Code:
<MediaCodec name="OMX.google.amrnb.encoder" type="audio/amr-nb" />

I've changed that into:

Code:
<MediaCodec name="OMX.google.amrnb.encoder" type="audio/3gpp" />

Hi my dear friend,

I really understand that you are hurt by comments of "certain socalled users/members" and lost more or less your motivation to keep on doing what you're used to do. All I want to say is: ignore the negative comments and keep on doing in what you're good in and that is porting new builds. I know how you feel, had the same problem also, but ignored it. Do whatever you like to do and just have fun!!! Just be a diehard who does not gets influenced by negative comments, cause people who do that do not have any idea at all how much time your work takes to achieve what you do for us all. Just ignore them!!
Regarding your HD2: second hand HD2's are really cheap these days :)

very best regards, Kuzibri

Thanks for your message m8 and also to all others for the kind words,

Just to clear something up.. It's not only that I got fed up with certain user comments.. I am also very busy with other personal real-life stuff lately and since this android stuff requires a lot of concentration, time and interest I just can't keep that up like I did before..

So killing users with another +1 without searching the thread isn't going to bring you guys more updates or new Xylo roms for that matter ;)

Besides that, I am having this touchscreen which is starting a life of it's own..
I know second hand HD2's are not that expensive anymore, but to be honest I don't really feel like spending my money on another HD2.. I would rather safe it to buy a Google Nexus 4 someday.

Xylo, I just wanted to report that Bluetooth streaming, headset controls, and ID3 tags all work perfectly in NativeSD! Thank you thank you thank you! :D

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the report !

Im running this on a tmous hd2 nand install and when i run google search it doesnt talk back to me as with other JB 4.1.2 roms ive run. ive tried even simple questions and it just pops the answers on the screen with no voice response any ideas?

Have you tried flashing a full Gapps package ?

Hello, Xylograph,

People said that they got flickering in the YouTube app and videos while using my NexusHD2-JellyBean ROMs.
But it's flickering free on your PACman v1.1 and 1.2.

Did you remember which libs may solve the video flickering issue?
Thanks.

Hi m8,

Don't quote me on it, but I think it's related to the libsurfaceflinger.so + all related (ui) libs (libui.so, libgui.so etc.)

Thanks again for your great work on the latest CM10 rom tytung ;)

People who have boot loops problem, did you try to disable PIN protection of your SIM card? I saw reports like "can't enter PIN"... My own SIM card have PIN protection disabled.
Hope this will help.

Thanks, It's a bug in AOKP and fixed in the latest PAC..
When I find the time I'll look into it.

Can somebody tell me whether to clean up Dalvik and Cache partitions when updating to 1.2 from 1.1? I'm using MAGLDR

It will clear those folders during installation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

o05lg.png

34pb22b.jpg

Pa + Aokp + Cm =

PACman All in 1 HD2 ROM

Key Features :

• Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    • PA, AOKP and CM10 features (credits szl.kiev, tytung, Xylograph, PonsAsinorem, Evervolv team, PA Team, AOKP Team and Cyanogenmod Team)
    • HWA JB kernel (thanks Securecrt)
    • HWUI deny app and patch (thanks Securecrt, royale1223)
    • Multilanguage
    • Minimal Gapps
    • NativeSD & Dual Installer

Summary PACman HD2:

• Based on the merged Xperia Ray ROM including the latest CM10 + AOKP JB build 4 + PA v2.18 (credits szl.kiev)
    • System Based on CM10 from tytung + Evervolv (credits tytung, EV Team)
    • Patched Rom Control and Paranoid Settings (credits : Xylograph)
    • Dual Installer V3 which enables you to Odex the ROM @ 1st boot.. Be aware that this process will take a while.. Your phone will reboot when it's done odexing.. so be patient and wait for it to reboot if you decide to use it!!
    • Included optional undervolt script.. if your Phone is sensible for Screen Of Death.. don't use it !
    • Included 'auto' mounting in the ramdisk and install script so any compatible Filesystem can be used (for future purpose)
    • This ROM contains very minimal google apps..
      You can either download the 'missing' apps or find alternatives for it on the market.. if that is not enough for you..
      feel free to flash a Google Apps Package after flashing the ROM.
    • This is a general Work In Progress.. expect some bugs and duplicate features..

Download for the HTC HD2 : (Please do not mirror stuff!)

Installation Information :

Minimal partition size table when installing the rom to NAND :

Code:
    misc ya 1M
    boot yboot|ro 5M
    system ya 145M  <-- [B]Deodexed[/B], system ya 180M <-- [B]Odexed[/B]
    cache ya 2M
    userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Minimal SD-EXT partition size when installing the rom to SD-EXT:

Code:
    EXT4 Partition with at least 512M free

After SD-EXT installation set your SD Bootfolder to the 
    'NativeSD' folder found on your sdcard.

Boot the ROM from SD.

Please check [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31110719&postcount=2"]this post[/URL] for more NativeSD installation instructions !!

Things currently not working:

Changelogs:

Code:
    PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3.zip:

- Bugfixed release.
    - Merged newer AOKP codes, fix SIM PIN issue
    - Settings: Remove PA version, PA Logo activity, PA Circus
    - Settings: Add PAC version, PAC Logo Activity, PAC Circus
    - Updated supersu and nativesd multiboot app.
    - Fixed wifi issue with NativeSD clean install.
    - Some small fixes..

- AOKP Milestone 1
    - PA 2.53
    - Latest CM10 Nightly
    . Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
    . Color Engine from PA
    . Per app color, latest PA invention, Let's you define navbar color, navbar glow color, navbar buttons color, and statusbar color on per app basis
    . Statusbar and navbar color (Independently from per app color, define default colors)
    . Statusbar transparency and navbar transparency are finally back (Navbar transparency is only enabled on launcher)
    - Updated NativeSD initrd.gz (for Bluetooth) Credits: marco.palumb, Robbie P , Securecrt
    - Wifi tethering Fixed
    - Soundrecorder Fixed
    - Lots of small fixes
    - Updated more apps, but forgot to update supersu and the latest NativeSD boot app.. do that yourself via the market please...

PACman_leo_v1.1_div3.zip:

- Changed system base + kernel to tytung latest CM10 v1.1 for the most part (credits and lots of thanks to: tytung)
    - Updated to the latest merged PACman with Jellybean 4.1.2, PA 2.21, Latest ROM Control (credits: szl.kiev)
    - Added Multi DPI Play Store v3.9.16 (credits MyLifeRocks10)
    - Added custom backlight values back
    - replaced the copybit.qsd8k.so with the PACman v1.0 one (solves the rebooting issue with OfficeSuite Pro)
    - Removed/disabled some duplicates (cm10 torch, volume rocker wake.. still much more to do.. WIP)
    - Removed some default predefined PA settings (youtube and settings) 
    - Added 0 dp to Rom Control Navigation bar width to disable it in landscape.
    - HWA video recording working (credits tytung)
    - Changed back to MIUI camera
    - Updated some more apps
    - Cleaned up and optimised the ROM a bit more for more smoothness..
    - More small (visual) changes.

PACman_leo_beta_v1.0_div3.zip:

- Read Ahead value set to 2048 by default again
    - Included Multi DPI Play Store v3.8.17 (credits MyLifeRocks10)
    - System Based on CMTight + latest Evervolv base (credits PonsAsinorem, Xylo, EV Team)
    - Patched power.qsd8k.so to get rid of the 614MHz bug (credits tiny4579)
    - Patched some default settings.

Previous Versions:

Code:
    [URL="http://d-h.st/dBy"]PACman_leo_v1.2_div3.zip[/URL] - [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/5dKj"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: cbb6256d03cea7d95a41e8ac90ad9b90
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32875537&postcount=265"]PACman_leo_v1.1te_div3[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/JSH"]PACman_leo_v1.1_div3.zip[/URL] - [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/uyag"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: e273b8fdd48af9296c68fe6fa22cf454
    [URL="http://d-h.st/Des"]PACman_leo_beta_v1.0_div3.zip[/URL] - [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/OJfq"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: d619c27289446503a2beb8e4dda7c16c

*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***

Thanks & Credits to : szl.kiev, tytung, PonsAsinorem, PA Team, AOKP Team, Cyanogenmod Team, Evervolv team, Securecrt, royale1223, tiny4579 and all I forgot !

Update

- AOKP Milestone 1
    - PA 2.53
    - Latest CM10 Nightly
    . Color Engine from PA
    - Wifi tethering Fixed
    - Soundrecorder Fixed
    - Lots of small fixes

I haven't tested this version much because I am short on time, but didn't face any crucial issues...

So enjoy... now back to my break ;)
    Update 1.2a

I've found some time to fix some stuff... I hope everything is ok now..

PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3.zip:

- Bugfixed release.
    - Merged newer AOKP codes, fix SIM PIN issue
    - Settings: Remove PA version, PA Logo activity, PA Circus
    - Settings: Add PAC version, PAC Logo Activity, PAC Circus
    - Updated supersu and nativesd multiboot app.
    - Fixed wifi issue with NativeSD clean install.
    - Some small fixes..

Enjoy..
    Hi

Hi folks,

Since I got a couple of private messages about my absence lately..
    I just wanted to let you all know that I am fine, still alive and still have my HD2 though it's acting up more and more lately..

It seems the famous 'non responding touchscreen' issue is slowly coming my way..

Anyway, due to some personal reasons and some comments here @ xda I kinda lost the motivation to keep the updates coming like fresh daily food..

I do know most people are happy with the stuff they grab for free where lots of time is spend on, but for now.. some people just ruined the fun in development for me.

I've also seen some discussion (thanks to Wis) about me being some sort of inventor of mixing PA and AOKP together @ SGS2 forum which was kinda 'suprising' for me.. I think some should do some homework there before doing that kind of statements.. ;)

I only port other phone/developers stuff to hd2 and trying to fix some hd2 specific stuff..

Long story short.. I hope to get some motivation back and bring you guys the latest PACman update someday... If my hd2 survives it that is :)

PS. The upcoming Google Nexus 4 looks interesting...