ANSWERED..Which SPG screen protector to order?

Search This thread

Xelstyle

Dec 22, 2011
Sorry I think it was a limited time thing.
I ordered the crystal SPG for myself and the iphone 5 screen protector for a friend.
You can try if you want to: KMF12_BJ978TN

Can't even find the place to input the code on their website. o_____o

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Buzz20

Nov 7, 2012
Thanks anyway, looks like they were individually generated codes
I'll wait for their next promotion

xcluded

Aug 22, 2012
Gotten the Oleophobic.

No rainbow effect.
Does not interfere with the brilliant display.
S Pen works great.

Very happy indeed.

Reactions: burrzoo

ScandaLeX

Feb 27, 2007
PhiLLy
I went Ultra Crystal and you don't even notice it on there.

You're right. You don't notice it's there but you will notice how many times a day you'll clean the screen. This thing smudges like crazy and then just makes the protector look positively nasty. I must clean my screen more than 15x's a day. For anyone who hasn't ordered the Ultra Crystal I say save yourself the trouble and go with Ultra Oleophobic or anything other than the crystal.
Waiting of my Oleophobic--hopefully will be here by weeks end.

had mine for a week. treated it like my old HTC G2.

shared room in my pocket with keys & loose change. :good:

dropped it twice too. once while getting it out from inside my jeans pocket, granted the back & battery flew off. and once while fumbling for it off of a lunch table in an outside patio setting.

no screen scratches. and with no 'screen protection' other than the gorilla glass 2 it came built with. :D

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZMnfbNRKvg

djboulette

Nov 10, 2007
Paris
i have the Optic one,protection make an anoying noise when you slide your finger or the spen on the screen...like scratching with a vinyl disk :D
At the beginning the Spen not slide as well as without the protection, but time and cleaning with alcool,resolved the problem.
But if i need to buy another SPG, i'll oleo or crystal.

rocketpaul

Apr 25, 2010
have the ultra crystal and its a nightmare in terms of finger prints, especially when using the s-pen and your palm is sliding across the screen.

LunarSoul

Jul 15, 2008
Just got the oleophobic. It does look good; however, the cut outs do leave plenty of space on the sides. Also I feel like the S Pen sensitivity has decreased. I can't get fine lines to work as smoothly as without the protector. Must test more... Anyone else notice a decrease in S Pen pressure sensitivity?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Buzz20

Nov 7, 2012
My sgp oleophobic arrived today, ordered off ebay.

I gave one to my brother and I kept one for myself (first mistake!)

Basically i f***ed it up and got dust underneath, and i tried to fix it by picking it out (second mistake) and it got worst and worst LOL and now its so ugly. (end of rant)

One thing I wanted to say was I found it really great that it did not leave ANY finger prints compared to other ultra clear, but I noticed there was heaps of resistance when using the screen. Its not a smooth gliding action, just wondering does this get easier over time?

I bought the Optic version, and at first, hated how it caused a lot of friction with the Spen

Like 2 days later almost the friction was gone, pen works fluidly (you can hear it against the screen but barely). Not missing a beat, no longer regret the purchase. Still make my shopping lists and take my quick notes with it, just as well as my OG Note

Shizrn

Dec 18, 2012
After reading all the good reviews I ordered the oleophobic from the sgp site. Just hope it fits well with my Otterbox defender.

chino0131

Feb 22, 2010
Washington, DC
Just got my Ultra Crystal today. It looks great and is better than most screen protectors I've tried so far. However, to me its not as smooth as the screen protector that came with my Incipio feather case. Both are the same exact size, but the with the Incipio protector the S Pen felt like it ran across the screen much smoother. Ill stick with this for now tho since Incipio doesn't sell their screen protectors without a case. I would still recommend the Ultra Crystal above most others.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

daveeckert

Oct 17, 2003
Columbus, OH
Optic is the best - need to clarify mis-information about the S-pen

I originally got the crystal,and it was nic e, but I swear it attracted more fingerprints than the bare glass itself. I decided to buy the optic on Black Friday (30% off, free shipping direct from Spigen). It does make the "voop voop" sound when you swipe it (like corduroy pants), but it's not that irritating.

The first day or so, I noticed the S-pen was very sticky on it, it was hard to write. However, after a couple of days, it was fine. I've seen this before with other hard plastic screen protectors like this - there is some kind of stickiness from the protective film that covers the actual protector that evaporates away after a bit. The pen actually feels better now than it does on bare glass. It has just a tiny bit of resistance; it feels like writing on paper.

Also, the image quality is amazing. It's hard to describe without seeing it. I don't notice any fuzziness in the image at all, but with the glare cut down ever so slightly, everything looks somehow sharper. And, no fingerprints.

I know there hasn't been anything written positively about the Optic yet, but I guarantee it's the best one. Give it a try, leave it on a couple of days, and you'll see what I mean.

Reactions: pp18

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
I also have the optic on my phone and noticed that the pen didn't " feel" right for a day or two but now I love it and am going to put one on my girlfriends phone today. No glare no fingerprints= happy :D

Shizrn

Dec 18, 2012
I went with the SGP Oleophobic after reading tons of reviews. Got it on perfectly in a matter of minutes and couldn't be happier. Less fingerprints than the bare glass and fits right up to the edges of the Otterbox Defender case I'm using. Looks like no protector is on at all and s pen feels so smooth. I can't believe these protectors are this sweet nowadays. Thx for all the feedback everyone.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Here's my main issue with screen protectors. They tend to be about 1/2 as hard as the gorilla glass. This means they are going to scratch easily. What is the point of having a screen protector if you have to look at scratches on your screen?

It seems to me the best solution if you use a screen protector at all would be the just-like-glass products which have a hardness of 8h. The only problem with these is they will be even more slippery under your spen than the naked screen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using SGP screens on all of my phones until I found MoBC which are exactly the same film/cutouts as SGP, for half the price of SGP.

I used Oleophobic which I'm loving because I hate when the Crystal Clear screens get fingerprint-y.
    Can someone please post pictures of the Ultra Clear and the Oleophobic on the actual Note 2? I am trying to decide which to get but SGP is a bit on the pricey side but I need a good one. Please help out guys :)

Here are pictures of the Ultra Crystal:

IMG_7035.JPG

IMG_7032-2.jpg

Most of the time, you will barely notice it's there. Given that it is not a full coverage protector, at the worst is that you'll see the edges.
    I've had my HTC G2 from Oct 2010 until November 2012 (Gorilla Glass 1).

I've placed it in my pockets with my car/house/office keys, loose change, BT headset, etc.

Not a single scratch.

Why do these post keep coming up? This is XDA. We know the phone has Gorilla Glass. Now do a search and see the number of people posting both here and a few other places about getting a scratch on their device even though they have never scratch any other device. We have countless threads on this topic. We want a screen protector so we brought a screen protector. I really hope your note 2 fairs as well for you as your HTC G2 did. I paid too much for this device to slip on a quality screen protector that could raise both the protection of the device around sand and increases the stability of the spen.
    forgot to mention, you can request a $7.77 off coupon code from Spigen via a FB message but there's like less than an hour to do so.
    Optic is the best - need to clarify mis-information about the S-pen

I originally got the crystal,and it was nic e, but I swear it attracted more fingerprints than the bare glass itself. I decided to buy the optic on Black Friday (30% off, free shipping direct from Spigen). It does make the "voop voop" sound when you swipe it (like corduroy pants), but it's not that irritating.

The first day or so, I noticed the S-pen was very sticky on it, it was hard to write. However, after a couple of days, it was fine. I've seen this before with other hard plastic screen protectors like this - there is some kind of stickiness from the protective film that covers the actual protector that evaporates away after a bit. The pen actually feels better now than it does on bare glass. It has just a tiny bit of resistance; it feels like writing on paper.

Also, the image quality is amazing. It's hard to describe without seeing it. I don't notice any fuzziness in the image at all, but with the glare cut down ever so slightly, everything looks somehow sharper. And, no fingerprints.

I know there hasn't been anything written positively about the Optic yet, but I guarantee it's the best one. Give it a try, leave it on a couple of days, and you'll see what I mean.