[ROM].[JB].[XXLS7][PORT]TW MiniTab 5,3_v0,3 (support stopped)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

janille03

Aug 2, 2012
If you are complaining with the upload of the new release, donate to him so he could give you efficient service. this guy is not working for you, he is doing it for free, he is a great developer, quit complaining, He`s one of the great developers that are left, imagine what life would be in XDA if developers are gone because of your nonsense whining.. just wait for the update, if he says he`ll upload he will. Continue your awesome development mate. Im not on this rom yet, i might try it sometime when links are available and it looks really cool and awesome.. :D

Reactions: mcteague

abax44

Oct 13, 2010
How is asking if he has an ETA, several hours later, being disrespectful/complaining? I'm genuinely curious if there was an issue. I'm not attacking the guy. If he's unable to upload because he had a bad connection that's fine, I was just looking for an update.

pandey18

Jan 15, 2012
Buffalo
How is asking if he has an ETA, several hours later, being disrespectful/complaining? I'm genuinely curious if there was an issue. I'm not attacking the guy. If he's unable to upload because he had a bad connection that's fine, I was just looking for an update.

Dude if he knew for sure he would have told us. Patience xD

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune

It is not disrespectful to be curious. But if you're to read the OP you would have known this guy has issues with data connection.
While I empathize with your thought process your tone was condescending IMO

abax44

Oct 13, 2010
Dude if he knew for sure he would have told us. Patience xD

I have nothing but patience.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

It is not disrespectful to be curious. But if you're to read the OP you would have known this guy has issues with data connection.
While I empathize with your thought process your tone was condescending IMO

If I came across as condescending I apologize.

taranfx

May 23, 2010
Mountain view, CA
geeknizer.com
Dear ROM Maker,

If you have bandwidth issues, Ping me, I`ll be happy to send you a free 3g USB dongle or provide a DSL connection (which is available everywhere in India for cheap). FYI I live in Delhi, IN.

But please, stop testing everyone's patience. Not posting download link is against XDA forum's rules.

chillteddy

Feb 23, 2012
Dont troll please....b hapie tht he got this wonderful rom.....if u do hav th capability to make roms like he does...then do it....if u cant then wait.....respect wht u get....dont cut cut th hand that feeds u....he can drop suport for this rom if he wished to....always b thankful, this is a blockbuster rom :)
I kno everyone is impatient for this very reason ......but still
And hes trying to upload isnt he? :)

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I never claimed he worked for me our owed me anything. I do respect him as a developer. Asking for an ETA wasn't intended to increase the upload speed, it was intended to satisfy my curiosity.

This isnt XDAsatisfymycuriosity.com

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Dear ROM Maker,

If you have bandwidth issues, Ping me, I`ll be happy to send you a free 3g USB dongle or provide a DSL connection (which is available everywhere in India for cheap). FYI I live in Delhi, IN.

But please, stop testing everyone's patience. Not posting download link is against XDA forum's rules.

I dunno abt u bt im frm india n i dont find 3g cheap, not everyone is fortunate like u,
No one requested for ur patience ...flash some othr rom

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
Dear ROM Maker,

Good morning,

i am not gonna writing a lot - first of all sorry for "trolling" you. Read just now all the comments from "smart"phone users......
1. I started uploading and reworked the OP for v0,3 while uploading file and was still at home and had time for that writing.
2. Then something broke.
3. I posted before that i must leave - because of my biz. (I am not a kid, schoolboy with freetime etc...for all kids - WORK is that you have to go in order to give a bread to your children. (written that way that every "Tarzanoid" can understand this...)
4. When somehting went bad, or you come back home late or you are tired or have headache, or your 1month old kid is crying whole night - messing with files to you is against "MY LIFE and FAMILY" rules.
5. I gave you good amount of information in this thread....so i quess this thread is not "selfish" in anyway from my side - i shared all my knowledge how things was done so everybody can follow...
6. Everybody can freely use all of my files i posted before, everybody of you can freely download other files to tweak on your own, everybody of you can download for example N10,1 rom and try all over what works and what not - YOU WOULD SPEND more time with that as just writing stupid comments.

...enought for now...

LINKS v0,3 was sent to BANGSTI so he can make mirrors.

MarcinXDA

Oct 24, 2010
Warsaw
Please people, i just saw the eybee story, so be patient, i try also to do my best to bring up the complete rom taht you can use as a daily so we can better to polish the bugs, so when it will be ready, i ll post the links and changelog, pleaso do not +1 and other things...

I only posted the buggy preview 1 because i thought someone else would keep the track....but noone interested - even noone offered a help in modding, i(erlos wrote some post that hopalla, i download and decompile...) nothing happen, so please be patient!!!!

For those trolling - read above post and just shut up! All ETA, trolling, complaining, will be reported!

This is end line! Just wait or leave the topic!
..................................................................................

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
Bangsti quick as usual.

Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

be ready to find some bugs still, you have to find a way how the windows works - will write smthng on post 3. Some of the N10,1 apps should still be resized for smaller window. Stock apps are fine in size but the ported ones appear bigger - as time will allow will mod them. Will probably look now more into proper full tablet interface.

Last edited:

bangsti

Feb 4, 2012
Ried im Innkreis - Upperaustria
Hy give ianbbaa the Time he need.

Every have a privatlife and a familiy dont forget this.

The Rom ist great and cool :good::good::good:

My Mirror on the way to ianbbaa.

Best Greetings
bangsti

Attachments

• tablet2.jpg
    tablet2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 394

aznsniper

Mar 10, 2009
I reckon there should be a system on xda where there is voting positive or negative and a post receiving a certain amount of negatives will be deleted or hidden as reporting every offending post puts a large strain on the moderators. Also for those people that that have been complaining, have you tried uploading 800mb in one go? Sometimes internet just randomly dies then you will have to restart. Considering OP has said his internet isn't very good, just wait till he releases it, not everyone has the fast internet you know.

aegis71

Jan 23, 2008
Bangsti quick as usual.

Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

be ready to find some bugs still, you have to find a way how the windows works - will write smthng on post 3. Some of the N10,1 apps should still be resized for smaller window. Stock apps are fine in size but the ported ones appear bigger - as time will allow will mod them. Will probably look now more into proper full tablet interface.

And the winner is... aegis71!!! First downloader from mirror #2 :D
Thank you very very much mr Ianbaa ;)
And thank you too Bangsti.

Last edited:

REVERSiN

Mar 4, 2012
Hy give ianbbaa the Time he need.

Every have a privatlife and a familiy dont forget this.

The Rom ist great and cool :good::good::good:

My Mirror on the way to ianbbaa.

Best Greetings
bangsti

Would you mind me calling you TurboMan :)

Guessing no need for mirrors from me. Downloading now let's hope everything goes fine

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bangsti

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008
v 0,4

Kinda confused from multiwindow thing?
Remember, multiwindow style you choose from the miniapp tray, your choice will open all apps in style you choose, untill you change the style again.

We are still in v0,xxx series - so until v1 there is still time to go...

To use stock half to half+flashbar - choose in tray 50/50 icon - and use multiwindow via flashbar in stock style.
Choose windowed style - then all of the apps (that are in the miniapp tray) will open minimized with option maxi/minimize. (when you open from miniapp tray only - when you open

Personally after yesterdays and todays use - especially in the car and hurry, i find miniapps for all my "productivity" much better.

So v0,4 will be out with old miniapps style - and minimalistic.
I need, quick acces to Splanner while on screen some email, quick dialer, quick Smemo...
v 0,5 - get rid of flashbar - who needs stock can be stock, so for the future no flash bar anymore - it makes just mess.

Best use of this is, check windowed style, and use the phone as usual - from launcher - it will launch fullscreen, and you can still go to mini...and when you are on the main screen where you want to open a miniapp - open the tray and app will run in miniwindow - NOT all the apps are optimized in its minumum and default size!!!! Calculator Gallery yes, so just to learn this thing try to focus on these just in Layout - all other can be resized.
Messaging - is optimized to default a bit bigger but you can resize to smaller.
VideoPlayer is stock so its mini/default size is like it is stock. (so when you keep all stock apps, you will have this size)

This still just a presentation of possibilities - so next release oldstyled miniapps.

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune
bangsti!!! you are the MAN!!

Downloading at 350-450 KB/s yeah KB not Kb.

downloaded the file in just under half hour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Because of my full time schedule, support of this is stopped. There are currently other devs involved in Tablet UI and i am glad that they have time and do it better then me. Its time to stop for now. Thank to all of you that downloaded the ROM and if you liked it, i am glad. I am happy that i was the first one that shoved you the possibilities of TW roms with Tablet features, and i am also happy that there are people that see the Note1 as a device that deserves such UI and keep TW functionality - now we, that loved before Paranoid minitablet have now also the option of TW tablet.
    Download links removed.

Follow XPERIACLE in his threads and probably he will reelase also a ROM based on Tablet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This used to be a TouchWiz ROM with ported features from Samsung Tablets - they claim their tablets as real multitaskers, so we have here rom ported in Tablet style that perform almost the same multitasking features.

Tablets apps are more often better than phone apps, but some of the tablets can not make calls. Note is unique device, which can make calls and other smart things – it is still a Phone (a BIG one) but with all tablet apps, only than it can be a Phablet!!!

Now all ported apps from NOTE 10,1 - N8000 are from official JB

What you will get in this ROM:
    XXLS7 Jelly Bean leak – thanks to Rupiah, Eybee1970, Philz, Bangsti and others
    Full TW tablet interface what some of you might know if you own Samsung tablet.
    MultiWindow feature with 5 options of Multiwindowed layout
    MiniApps – as of v0,1/0,2 - they are not in present in v0,3 - but easily you can go back to miniapps when yoi like.
    S planner ported from NOTE 10,1 official JB - offers some more functionality!!! Has its own miniapp
    WebBrowser ported from NOTE 10,1
    Contacts and better dialer from NOTE 10,1
    Some more tablet apps....
    Gallery with AirView from N10,1

Properly scaled Splanner here - thanks raj_ch2002 for helping out!!! - press him a thanks button, for good job and interest!
    Little ROM preview here - thanks to hamdogg (hopefully he can manage one more preview with multiwindowing from the miniapp tray - and the main thing what i miss in the review - WINDOWS!!!)

CHANGE LOG: (more info in post2)
    V 0,1 – initial release (preview purpose)
    V 0,2 - full rom base on leak XXLS2. Expect the same performance.
    V 0,3 - XXLS7 base, preview of windowed style of apps.

Flash metod – same way as any other JB leak. Kernel is Philz so no need to worry. Thanks to him!
    Wipe Cache, Dalvik and data. (i usually also format SYSTEM on the top of wipe)
    Please do not post in this thread which kernel is safe and what should you wipe. Please post bugs only if you FULL WIPED!!!
    When the rom boots up, please open SuperSu app and let it update Su binary!!!
    Caution!!!
    Please head over to post3. I am not responsible if you brick you phone, you know that you do everything on your own risk.
    So we learned what are miniapps in v0,1/v0,2 - in v0,3 they are not to used anymore, but they are still present!!! Miniapps is separate app with its own layout and "reduced" functionality in opposite to the main app!!!
    For the future, samm will use probably some kind of "downscalling" for all of their apps in order to use the Main app in Ministyle! So we use stock app, just scaled down to "miniapp" dimensions. You can then revert to fullscreen or go back to mini! Some of you will like it, some of you might preffer old miniapps.
    V0,3 uses in the miniapp tray option to choose 5 options, how the app will be handled in screen.
    3rd party apps does not have official support for this thing - probably not yet It is easy to implement this function for the app developpers so i believe in the future they will include it in their apps. You might look here what is doing the trick!
    1. Widnowed - option to resize, fulscreen and go back to mini.
    2. Half to Half - you can also resize size of the apps when you use stock FlashBar feature. (you can not resize when the FlashBar is deleted)
    3 + 4 are 2/1 layout - uselles i thing
    5 - 4square layout - also too small for our screen

This feature comes from the Tab2-7 systemUi where samsung planned also for the leaked N10,1 JB this layout - but what i saw, they dropped this and left only windowed and half/half layout on official JB for N10,1.
    So most usefull option might be Windowed style and half by half - which you can use the same way as on stock.

For the every app we can set the default size (displayed when you open it) and minimum size (smallest size you can downscale) So it is matter of choice how who like it so i ve done for the start and preview (have limited time for this) only:
    Calculator, Gallery - modded default size as minumum - so it will open all the time at its minimum size stated!
    Messaging - opens at stated default size and you can swype then to lover size!
    Sory for more i had no time...
    All other ported apps from N10,1 appear a bit bigger and can not be downscaled - yet. But some stock XXLS7 stock apps have this ability and are styled a bit smaller. So matter of time to style the default/minimum size of the app.
    Here it is done: Dimension.xml
    <dimen name="app_defaultsize_w">332.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="app_defaultsize_h">460.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="app_minimumsize_w">332.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="app_minimumsize_h">460.0dip</dimen>
    These dimension are used for Calculator and Gallery - you see the both are same default+minimum - that means default size ist the smallest one and you can resize. When you state default a bit bigger - app open bigger and you can downscale.

V0,3 changelog:
    Apps from Official JB Note 10,1
    Splanner - AirView fixed, NEW functionality - hover the dot of the stylus on the number of the day - Small Smemo note will pop up.
    Calculator
    Contacts and dialer Layout
    Gallery - with AirView
    Browser
    Messaging
    Myfiles
    Snote - works as well but breaks some other functions so i kept the stock N1 Snote - i rechecked it and they both offers the same functionality.
    Launcher ADW - this one is really great on JB.
    All other apps kept - but remember, there are really uselles widgets and bloat that keep running, so clean up the rom as you like.
    Email - kept the stock one for now cause works now with Contacts, and does not have the Copy/paste bug.
    Fixes of XXLS7 - i did not followed threads, so this is the first base from Bangsti with no fixes at all.

This ROM come stock at 213dpi. You can not go 214 and more - you probably will loose some functionalities.
    Bangsti quick as usual.

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3

Hi which file to delete to run mini apps thanthanks

Hi there,

so finished v 0,3 - will rework the OP according the new build and when upload finished then will repost links. Will have to leave for some time today will come back later afternoon.

How you can revert back to miniapps will be also part of the OP.

Upload is kinda slow, so afternoon, eve it might be up here. I made also some other ex-changes in some apps, but everything should work for a daily base.
    Base is Bangstis XXLS7 - stable base and better when you completely debload and keep only things you really need.
    Found bugs v0,3:
    Toggle for multiwindow missing.
    MassStorage doesnt work.
    Gallery - ported from N10,1 - works AirView, but take a write the photo with Spen FCs - (works only when you tweak B.prop to be as N8000 device.
    Launcher is also from N10,1 - full tablet, but ADW is there - this is the best now to date, so keep that one.
    In v0,3 is still the stock FlashBar and + the miniapptray...

Way how u use Multiwindow in v0,3.
    You choose the way you are going to multiwindow in the miniapptray - open the tray, click the small 4squares icon and 5 options will roll out - choose side/side icon and you can all the time use the stock flashbar as u used on stock - swype an app to the part of the screen.
    When you choose windowed style, stock multiwindow dont work then and all the apps will open in windows.