[HOW TO] Swap sdcards for ALL ROMS!!

Search This thread

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
Hey guys,

This is the easiest way to Swap sdcard for all android versions!! MUST BE ROOTED FIRST AND HAS ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

I used to have a manual TUT here but this is easier for every one ;)

Just choose the version that suits you. Click on the glowing text next to the version you want ;)

WARNING: MOVE ALL YOUR APPS TO YOUR PHONE MEMORY BEFORE FLASHING OR THEY'LL BE LOST. AND AFTER FLASHING MOVE ALL YOUR SDCARD(NORMAL ONE) FILES TO YOUR EXTERNAL SD, WIPE CACHE/DALVIK AND REBOOT!!

SWAP:

SWAP GB Version: Android 2.3.6 View attachment SWAP_GB_Version.zip

SWAP ICS Version: Android 4.0.x View attachment 1866038

SWAP JB Version: Android 4.1.x View attachment 1866039

SWAP JB+ Version: Android 4.2.x View attachment 1866040

UNDO:

UNDO GB Version: Android 2.3.6 View attachment 1645268

UNDO ICS Version: Android 4.0.4 View attachment 1866042

UNDO JB Version: Android 4.1.x View attachment 1866043

UNDO JB+ Version: Android 4.2.x View attachment 1866044

Steps:

1- Get the Zip File from Above

2- Boot To Your Custom Recovery

3- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache

4- Install and reboot

Last edited:

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You're using PAC rom right? If yes then please try to flash the forvivo's kernel for jb version 14-11-2012. When i flash it, it changed the way my mounting system. Before flashing it, it just like what you posted. But after flash, it says that my sdcard is not mounted although it is mounted and there is a folder called sdcard0 and sdcard1 but when i looked into the vold.fstab there is nothing to be called sdcard0 and sdcard1. :confused:

Pressing "Thanks" button will be much appreciated if user's posts useful for you ;)

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
You're using PAC rom right? If yes then please try to flash the forvivo's kernel for jb version 14-11-2012. When i flash it, it changed the way my mounting system. Before flashing it, it just like what you posted. But after flash, it says that my sdcard is not mounted although it is mounted and there is a folder called sdcard0 and sdcard1 but when i looked into the vold.fstab there is nothing to be called sdcard0 and sdcard1. :confused:

Pressing "Thanks" button will be much appreciated if user's posts useful for you ;)
Yes, yes i am using the PAC rom

Ok, just give me the link to that kernel I'll try to see what is the problem

Sent From My PACMAN Wonder Using xda-Developers app

Reactions: kenluvs and boki4k

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sorry for not replying earlier, i had school.

Anyway, i tried this kernel and got stuck at boot. :(

Note: i supercharged this rom and disabled cpu rendering. It runs smooth so you don't need this kernel.

Strange it is working for me. The stock kernel is drains battery very fast. In hard gaming my phone only can last 2 hours with stock kernel. With costum kernel it can last up to 3 / 4 hours playing sometimes 5 hours. Probably because the costum governors and schedulers. That's why i like using this kernel.

Seems can't find the solution about the swapping memories :confused:

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
Strange it is working for me. The stock kernel is drains battery very fast. In hard gaming my phone only can last 2 hours with stock kernel. With costum kernel it can last up to 3 / 4 hours playing sometimes 5 hours. Probably because the costum governors and schedulers. That's why i like using this kernel.

Seems can't find the solution about the swapping memories :confused:

Well, my battery isn't bad so i don't want to risk anymore. And just a tip from me, add thd kill all button in the resents from ROM Control. It really helps if you face any lag. ;)

Reactions: boki4k

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well, my battery isn't bad so i don't want to risk anymore. And just a tip from me, add thd kill all button in the resents from ROM Control. It really helps if you face any lag. ;)

Yeah already done that. Btw what governor are you using?

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You know what's funny? This post is about swapping and not one comment was about swapping.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

There was though :p
Some off topic won't hurt right?

No more of topics then.

I try your methods in anyway I can but won't work on forvivo's kernel. Still confused :confused:

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
There was though :p
Some off topic won't hurt right?

No more of topics then.

I try your methods in anyway I can but won't work on forvivo's kernel. Still confused :confused:

From what i know, when i tried extracting cm10 to find if there are any difference between the vold.fstab(s). I found that in cm10, the internal sd is called sdcard0 and the external _sd is called sdcard1, which is different than the one in the PAC rom. I guess that could be the cause of the problem. Or maybe i'm completely wrong. Who knows :p

And btw i didn't came up with this i found it a long time ago and kept using it, then when i saw many people want swapping, so i thought i should share it with them.

Last edited:

reddvilzz

May 29, 2012
Jakarta
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
From what i know, when i tried extracting cm10 to find if there are any difference between the vold.fstab(s). I found that in cm10, the internal sd is called sdcard0 and the external _sd is called sdcard1, which is different than the one in the PAC rom. I guess that could be the cause of the problem. Or maybe i'm completely wrong. Who knows :p

And btw i didn't came up with this i found it a long time ago and kept using it, then when i saw many people want swapping, so i thought i should share it with them.

Yup confirmed that. PAC ROM vold.fstab contains external_SD and sdcard but in original cm10 it contains sdcard0 and sdcard1

I already tried to replace the vold.fstab in PAC ROM with the original cm10. Ended up in the ass wiping boot loop. So I go to cwm clear cache and the reboot again stuck in the android upgrading. What :eek::confused:

Maybe I should wait for the new release from camcory :beer:

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
Yup confirmed that. PAC ROM vold.fstab contains external_SD and sdcard but in original cm10 it contains sdcard0 and sdcard1

I already tried to replace the vold.fstab in PAC ROM with the original cm10. Ended up in the ass wiping boot loop. So I go to cwm clear cache and the reboot again stuck in the android upgrading. What :eek::confused:

Maybe I should wait for the new release from camcory :beer:

Now even PAC rom is based on arco's cm10. But thanks to the developer, there is an app on the PAC rom to swap sdcards automatically!!

This method still works on ICS and GB rom anyway.

EDIT: And good news, i found a way to swap the JB ROMs too will update soon! ;)
Sent From My Pac Wonder using xda-Developers app

Last edited:

t0kgrumps

May 28, 2012
Singapore
Hey could I share this guide on the Galaxy S Plus Android Development forum? Cause your awesome method works on cm9 and cm10 running on my device. Maybe this method will also work on other devices that has cm9/cm10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

This is the easiest way to Swap sdcard for all android versions!! MUST BE ROOTED FIRST AND HAS ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

I used to have a manual TUT here but this is easier for every one ;)

Just choose the version that suits you. Click on the glowing text next to the version you want ;)

WARNING: MOVE ALL YOUR APPS TO YOUR PHONE MEMORY BEFORE FLASHING OR THEY'LL BE LOST. AND AFTER FLASHING MOVE ALL YOUR SDCARD(NORMAL ONE) FILES TO YOUR EXTERNAL SD, WIPE CACHE/DALVIK AND REBOOT!!

SWAP:

SWAP GB Version: Android 2.3.6 View attachment SWAP_GB_Version.zip

SWAP ICS Version: Android 4.0.x View attachment 1866038

SWAP JB Version: Android 4.1.x View attachment 1866039

SWAP JB+ Version: Android 4.2.x View attachment 1866040

UNDO:

UNDO GB Version: Android 2.3.6 View attachment 1645268

UNDO ICS Version: Android 4.0.4 View attachment 1866042

UNDO JB Version: Android 4.1.x View attachment 1866043

UNDO JB+ Version: Android 4.2.x View attachment 1866044

Steps:

1- Get the Zip File from Above

2- Boot To Your Custom Recovery

3- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache

4- Install and reboot

What im looking for is a flashable zip, stop advertising your vold.fstab everywhere

Sorry for the late update....but here, try this

I need to update cm10 too because of the usb otg feature

Yes, yes i am using the PAC rom

Ok, just give me the link to that kernel I'll try to see what is the problem

Undo ZIPs uploaded ;)