Nexus 4 - U.S. Discussion Thread (Not a hangout by any means)

Are you backordered or shipped?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aphlipot

Apr 22, 2012
Orlando Florida
I wish I had a life. Then I could do something besides watch over this thread like a hawk 24/7

Sent from Limbo Level 3

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I have a theory as to the day changes.

Someone here posted that while talking to a rep he overheard a conversation saying that there was a glitch during order time for the Nexus 4 that caused all orders successfully submitted to go through, but to not be linked to an actual phone.

My theory here is that they are redoing the orders for the people who have their orders glitched so that they are linked to an actual device to be shipped. Essentially, their reinputting the order.

It's a stretch of course but it's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

Sent from Limbo Level 3

Actually you may not be too far off there, still seems weird to me though, why would they have to re do the order? And that wouldn't explain why the shipping estimate still says the fifteenth, and why my wallet account still has my real order time. But then again maybe just changing the date was the easiest way they could differentiate the different orders. Or maybe that's when the shipment for our devices gets I'm so they could start processing those orders. Or maybe I'm just making all this up as I type, take your pick :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Lil Jones

Go easy on the google CSRs

Please don't get mad at the CSRs the only information that have is from Google. It seems Google is not supplying them information also. They are normal people coming to work everyday to pay their way through school and feed their children. I know it is convenient they are around to blame, but don't its their job lets not make their days harder then it needs to be.

Freshly_Snipes

Aug 3, 2011
Atlanta
Please don't get mad at the CSRs the only information that have is from Google. It seems Google is not supplying them information also. They are normal people coming to work everyday to pay their way through school and feed their children. I know it is convenient they are around to blame, but don't its their job lets not make their days harder then it needs to be.
Go cry in the car.

Lil Jones

I work for one of the carriers at a call center. It is not fun to have some one screaming at you at the top of their lungs calling you every name in the book for a refund of an app they got at the Apple app store. Then trying to explain to them that the carrier has little involvement with the appstore. Its not fun. I have it the worst I am the guy who takes the call when they want to speak to a supervisor.

hev88

Dec 15, 2010
Glendale
I work for one of the carriers at a call center. It is not fun to have some one screaming at you at the top of their lungs calling you every name in the book for a refund of an app they got at the Apple app store. Then trying to explain to them that the carrier has little involvement with the appstore. Its not fun. I have it the worst I am the guy who takes the call when they want to speak to a supervisor.

over the phone is not that bad. try having someone do it in person... and not over a phone but over their car, it is much worse im an assistant manager at a car stereo shop so ya. the phone is cake face to face is a different story
angry customers is just part of a job where you deal with people

Freshly_Snipes

Aug 3, 2011
Atlanta
I've worked for T-Mo, Expedia/Hotels.com. Credit Solutions, Chase..All in CS or store facing..I understand that and if people want to yell and b*tch then you let them. That's our job. But what you DONT do is lie because that makes people call right back and then potentially report you. However I do agree that people should be less rude.

Google's reps are in an outsourced Call Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan. They are from a temp agency and for many of them it's their first job doing CS. Google gives them information that we have because their function is NOT for situations like this. It's simply for " the look" of saying they have a dedicated CS to investors and board members. They can help with little issues and trouble shooting but they are NOT for this type of escalated issue.

Lil Jones

over the phone is not that bad. try having someone do it in person... and not over a phone but over their car, it is much worse im an assistant manager at a car stereo shop so ya. the phone is cake face to face is a different story
angry customers is just part of a job where you deal with people

I don't envy you at all.

Edit: But really everyone remember. You are yelling and screaming at someone with your personal information at their fingertips.

Last edited:

Ameri-CAIN

Sep 29, 2011
Southern California
I think that the date change has to do with the play store and app updates. I usually update my apps daily. I noticed mine changed to the 14th after updating apps on my tablet. I haven't seen the date change since then. Can anyone who's date changed to the 17th confirm if they just updated any apps?

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

ryan92084

Jun 19, 2010
I think that the date change has to do with the play store and app updates. I usually update my apps daily. I noticed mine changed to the 14th after updating apps on my tablet. I haven't seen the date change since then. Can anyone who's date changed to the 17th confirm if they just updated any apps?

I didn't update any apps and my date is now the 17th. Still stuck in my "completed" but back ordered land of waiting.

hev88

Dec 15, 2010
Glendale

no app updates here. i only have like three apps installed and they are at the bottom of the list. trying to keep it basic til i get the n4 since i gave my lady my galaxy nexus a little to early im stuck using my old pyramid

dubt17

Feb 26, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6

Updated 0 apps. Haven't installed a single app since I ordered my phone

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

Net.silb

Nov 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I want to buy a 16GB Nexus 4 off-contract from T-Mobile for 500$, I am currently not their customer.

Does anybody know what stores in the Manhattan (NYC) area are selling it?

Thanks

frankied22

Jun 30, 2012
My first email from Google since I ordered my phone was a stupid survey. Needless to say I just left them a terrible review.

I am a limbo level 1.

hev88

Dec 15, 2010
Glendale
Hi guys,

I want to buy a 16GB Nexus 4 off-contract from T-Mobile for 500$, I am currently not their customer.

Does anybody know what stores in the Manhattan (NYC) area are selling it?

Thanks

call local t mobile stores in your city. that's what i did when i was thinking of cancelling my order... however that ended fast already locked in with Google for 350+ and don't feel like spending the extra cash with Christmas around the corner. my line isn't eligible for an upgrade but a few others on my account are so im just gonna use those and gift the nexus 4 hellacheap

Reactions: Net.silb

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011
If that's true then ppl who's order date is changing are probably gonna have their phone shipped next week since they would be making changes in the order ppl bought their phone

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Well that can't be the case since I am still in complete limbo and my status is still at Nov.13th/ Nov. 15 Est. ship and I ordered mine at 8:32 PST, one of the first.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Well that can't be the case since I am still in complete limbo and my status is still at Nov.13th/ Nov. 15 Est. ship and I ordered mine at 8:32 PST, one of the first.

Did u ever get confirmation of ur purchase? What I said was just a theory too, nothing concrete

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I was making love to my special someone, I hear a notification sound. I quickly unmounted her only to find out it was a Groupon email. She was not happy

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Go easy on the google CSRs

I feel like heading to google and kicking everyone I see right in the nuts....first person I see," hey, you have my phone?, no," right in the nuts....NEXT!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    Nexus+Limbo.png

How low can you go!!
    You guys might appreciate this:
    O3RqW.png