Does the Verizon version come unlocked?

Search This thread

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
No. Verizon works very hard to lock down their phones. There are rumors that this phone may work on other GSM networks but no HSPA+. It won't be easy to get working...

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
The preview units seem to be unlocked, and I really hope that this continues on the phones sold on the 21st.

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
we really need a definitive answer here.
There are quite a few people who already got the phones.. I asked a few times from them to try it out but so far nada...

erikjonpeterson

Apr 30, 2007
There are quite a few people who already got the phones.. I asked a few times from them to try it out but so far nada...

OK, I can confirm a few things for the shipped Verizon DNA's. They can't currently be unlocked on the htcdev website. I have heard that some of the Dev's have found a solution however and we should be hearing on a workaround very soon.

I can confirm that they are still SIM unlocked though! I successfully used an USA AT&T SIM and got both voice and H data speeds (~2mbs down) on AT&T network.

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
OK, I can confirm a few things for the shipped Verizon DNA's. They can't currently be unlocked on the htcdev website. I have heard that some of the Dev's have found a solution however and we should be hearing on a workaround very soon.

I can confirm that they are still SIM unlocked though! I successfully used an USA AT&T SIM and got both voice and H data speeds (~2mbs down) on AT&T network.
That's awesome! Using AT&T and T-Mobile SIM's was a huge selling point for me.

nizaamh

Nov 11, 2009
Hi guys.i am in south .africa.A friend is coming from the US and he can bring me a DNA ?Can i use it in my country.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.