[ROM][6/7/14] - CleanROM 8.2 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Thank you for the response! I just up-ed the max number and so far, so good. I can't believe it was THAT easy. I've been trying all sorts of things, including ROM hopping...

Guess it makes sense that it was only doing it when my wife texted me... that chick be blowing a homey up at work! Lol... thanks again!

Haha no problem man, glad I could help!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Reactions: leearnold0911

budwizer

Dec 20, 2009
Midlothian, Va
Also, anyone getting a Nexus 10? I am seriously considering getting one and was going to start a donation drive on my website... I will follow up later on with that but I am probing for interest now....

I bought one and absolutely love it. Got rid of my TF300T that I was not using very much due to my N7. Waiting to see what accessories they bring out for it however so far it has been rock solid and I am impressed with it. Now use my N7 for mainly reading at night and the N10 for Hulu, Netflix, games, etc.

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Anyone else using the email.apk with this ROM? Every time I open the the app the brightness changes on its own. Weird. Lol

ULEWZ

Aug 5, 2012
Northridge
My oldest son is 29 and my grandson is 3! I am probably the oldest rooting fool here.
Once the no holds bared 1man poster tries this and gives a review I will give it a go. He is blunt, but always truthful. Scott, your work on Cleanrom 2.1 was fantastic and is what I am currently running. It is the gold standard and what I use for comparison for all other ROMs I flash.

squidmaster

Dec 14, 2009
I finally fixed the battery (disable Google now and every location service) and a new ROM comes out? Lol

Cool I'll give it a dirty flash tonight! Good thanksgiving day surprise.

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Loving 5.0
Fast gps 13 hits 5 seconds inside my house

I do have issue with Google wallet now
Did the prop file change etc and all worked on 4.5 and did the same thing now and I get error

insufficient secure element privileges

I have no idea what the to do to fix it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Either something is messed up on the ROM (I haven't tried either yet but I owuldn't count on this since Wallet has been working in all the other leaks) or you did not reset your wallet before flashing the ROM and you have now toasted your secure element. If you didn't wipe and have a nandroid with a working wallet I'd go back to it.

OutdoorOBW

Feb 24, 2011
It bothers the crap out of you, or it kinda bothers the crap out of you?

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

:p:silly::laugh::good::eek::fingers-crossed:

jcurley

Apr 25, 2009
Philadelphia
Either something is messed up on the ROM (I haven't tried either yet but I owuldn't count on this since Wallet has been working in all the other leaks) or you did not reset your wallet before flashing the ROM and you have now toasted your secure element. If you didn't wipe and have a nandroid with a working wallet I'd go back to it.

Wallet working fine on 4.0 lite lk1.

sent from CleanRom 4.0 lite, 1.21GW

Reactions: bobloblaw1

albertdc

Dec 23, 2010
I just posted this recently in the CleanRom Lite Edition v4 thread, but I will repost it here because I found the same thing applied. I then flashed Stock Odexed JB leak and no longer have the following GPS issue. It seems like something happened with the WIFI toggle mod in the ROM. Is it possible? See below for my findings and I would love it if someone could test out the theory of the GPS fix being associated with WIFI being ON or OFF:

....I have the no-lock GPS issue at times and flashed/reflashed many times, and then I noticed an association. If the WIFI toggle is ON, the GPS lock is instant. If the WIFI toggle is OFF, it never locks. Perhaps people that don't have problems always have WIFI toggled on and those that keep WIFI off have issues. Can anyone confirm this?

Those of you who do not have an issue, can you please turn of WIFI. The first time I launch Maps after turning off WIFI it works fine. Leave it off and wait a few minutes. Then launch Maps again and see what happens. I would love it if several people try and report back.

Those of you without a lock - turn your WIFI on and see if that then gives a lock.

So this happens to me with the CleanRom 5.0 and the Clean Rom Lite, but not the full JB leak. Anyone else?

Thanks again.

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
I just posted this recently in the CleanRom Lite Edition v4 thread, but I will repost it here because I found the same thing applied. I then flashed Stock Odexed JB leak and no longer have the following GPS issue. It seems like something happened with the WIFI toggle mod in the ROM. Is it possible? See below for my findings and I would love it if someone could test out the theory of the GPS fix being associated with WIFI being ON or OFF:

....I have the no-lock GPS issue at times and flashed/reflashed many times, and then I noticed an association. If the WIFI toggle is ON, the GPS lock is instant. If the WIFI toggle is OFF, it never locks. Perhaps people that don't have problems always have WIFI toggled on and those that keep WIFI off have issues. Can anyone confirm this?

Those of you who do not have an issue, can you please turn of WIFI. The first time I launch Maps after turning off WIFI it works fine. Leave it off and wait a few minutes. Then launch Maps again and see what happens. I would love it if several people try and report back.

Those of you without a lock - turn your WIFI on and see if that then gives a lock.

So this happens to me with the CleanRom 5.0 and the Clean Rom Lite, but not the full JB leak. Anyone else?

Thanks again.

No issues here at all even after trying your above advice. I'm locking in around two seconds and it shows a constant within five meters. The K1 base has been flawless for my device so far.

jeffk93

Sep 21, 2012
Would anyone happen to know why my notification sounds only play about 1/4 to 1/2 of the tone ? When I receive a new text, I never hear the entire notification jingle. It's been this way on the past couple of releases for me. I have done complete clean installs every time, but nothing has helped. Thanks for any information!

BTW... I'm using the trebuchet launcher if that makes any difference...

Great ROM otherwise!

I'm on stock launcher and I have had this problem also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

goatman101

Jan 8, 2012
I am having email problems with this rom and clean rom lite as well. When setting up the accounts, I can add my yahoo email account just fine and 2 hours later, none of my emails are there and I am getting error code 80318 "user has invalid status". I went to verizon website and disabled the email backup to stop the text messages. Would that also stop my email from syncing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010

Thanks again.

Assisted GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][6/7/14] - CleanROM 8.2 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

CR8-CE.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released Jellybean 4.3 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device and should be flashable on SafeStrap
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is designed with a purpose in mind; Be Fast, Be Smooth, Be Stable, Be CLEAN!

features.png

• Formerly known as Ultra Lite Edition
    • Extreme Debloated - Most all Samsung and Verizon Apps Gone (See Post 2)!
    • Added Extra Toggles
    • Advanced Reboot Menu
    • Recompiled Stock Kernel for unlocked devices
    • Free Tether for all!
    • Black Status Bar
    • Extra Ringtones From Nexus 5
    • De-Odexed with Performance and Battery Optimizations!
    • Extended Reboot Menu!
    • Full init.d support!
    • TRIM on reboot
    • The Speed and Stability you have come to expect!

changes.png

Version 8.2 Core Edition - 6/7/2014
    • MD5: 840D621AE28D72E73074422871203421
    • Added: TRIM invoke script. ROM will invoke TRIM during install and each device reboot.
    • Added: Optimized File system mount routines
    • Added: Missing S-Voice
    • Updated: Multiple Apps and Busbox binary
    • All new post start HERE!

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp or safe strap
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

HERE!
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Unlike some developers I dont ask for anyone to purchase anything on the Play Store to complete the ROM so your donations are greatly appreciated!
    usefull.png

1. Please note, if you flash anything not put out by me you waive your right to support. This includes any mods, themes and or kernels. Every bug report on this ROM has been related to someone elses theme or morph program. If you have any issues with the ROM at all please wipe all data and re-install after checking MD5 and try to reproduce. If you can reproduce it on a clean flash then let me know.
    2. If you flashing with Philz Recovery and are getting an error 7 see this note HERE about that specific recovery.
    3. If you dont see all the toggles right away go to the toggles menu and press the reset button
    4. Big thanks to Prdog1 and his peeps for letting me kang the toggles!
    I am very proud to announce the immediately availability of CleanROM Seven!

CR-7-SGS3.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • All Apps up to date as 7/7/2013

features.png

• Complete Aroma Installer! Build your own ROM the way YOU want it!
      • Boot Animation Type: Custom or Samsung Stock
      • Status Bar Style: Lidroid Toggles or Stock Toggles
      • Choose Launchers: Touchwiz Launcher, Touchwiz Launcher 5x4 Layout, Touchwiz Launcher 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
      • Choose File Managers: ES File Manager, Stock My Files, None
      • Choose Google Apps: Play Store, GMail, Google Now / Search, Maps and Streets, Talk, Voice, Play Music, Google News and Weather
      • Choose Samsung Apps: All Share, Kies, Media Hub, Mobile Print, S Memo, S Suggest, S Voice, Cloud, Pop Up Browser, Photo Editor, Paper Artist
      • Choose Misc Apps:Multi Window Manager, Ad-Away, Polaris Office Viewer, VPN Client, DropBox, Android Terminal Emulator, Adobe Flash
    • Standard Features
    • Android 4.3 Boot Animation and Sounds
    • De-Odexed with Performance and Battery Optimizations!
    • Extended Reboot Menu!
    • No Ongoing WiFi Notification in Statusbar
    • Full init.d support!
    • Zip Align on boot!
    • Full Boot Animation Support!
    • Additional Fonts!

changes.png

Version 7.0 - 7/7/2013
    • Rebuilt: Complete Rebuild on the Verizon VRBMF1 Multi-Window Base!
    • Added: Ability to choose boot animation type (Samsung or Custom)
    • Added: Google Keyboard
    • Added: Multi Window Manager
    • Added: Android 4.3 Boot Animation and Sounds
    • Updated: All Apps that required it
    • Removed: Google Calendar and Ears (You can get them in the play store)

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected!

I present to you the best ROM I have produced to date for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3.

This ROM represents hundreds of man hours of development AND support !

I truly hope you find this ROM as enjoyable during its usage as I did building it!

As always...

Enjoy and hit Thanks if you like it and hit Donate if you Love it! ;c)

-Scott
    CleanROM 5 is here! Happy Thanksgiving!

CR5.0-SGS3.png

changes.png

Version 5.0 - 11/22/2012
    • Updated: Complete rebuild on VRALK1 Leak!
    • Updated: All appropriate apps!
    • No other changes!
    • Thread continues HERE! You can skip there with out reading the first 8,000,000 posts to get to the new posts.

Donations are gladly accepted! :)

Please dont flash and drive!

If you like this ROM hit Thanks! If you love it hit Donate :highfive:

-Scott
    CleanROM 5.6 is out!
    CR5.0-SGS3.png

changes.png

Version 5.6 - 1/13/2013
    • Changed: Tweaks to (possibly) allow better battery and less issues with media / heat !
    • Removed: gsiff_daemon in hopes of improving battery!
    • Added: 5x4 TouchWiz layout as option during install!
    • Added: Samsung Photo Editor as option during install!
    • Updated: Resizable PopUp Browser as option during install!
    • Updated: Apex Launcher, Play Store, DropBox, ES File Explorer, Maps, Google Now, Kies, Nova Launcher, Terminal Emulator, Google Core Services!

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected!

This is a monthly maintenance release. I plan on doing monthly releases until something new comes down the pipe.

If you flash this ROM and then any MOD OR KERNEL not included in the ROM and have problems you will need to wipe clean and start over before posting a bug.

As always...

Dont flash and drive! ;)

Hope you enjoy!

-Scott