Search This thread

krkdesigns

Sep 25, 2011
Bangalore
krkdesigns.deviantart.com
There are lot of Quarx support messages flooding in., Come On Defyiants., ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007679

This contest will run from November 22, until next Thursday, November 29. Due to previous difficulties we’ve encountered when mailing internationally, this contest will be open to US residents (or those with proxy US shipping addresses) only. The winning entry will be selected by myself and the rest of the XDA Administration team. We will be looking at which posts receive the most “thanks,” but that is certainly not the only criteria for winning. Finally, since each member can only have one “favorite” developer, each community member is allowed at most one entry. Those with multiple entries will be immediately disqualified.

Did my part http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007679&page=42

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

javonera

Jan 16, 2012
Replaced battd and after restart my battery went from 85% to 79%.
Let's see what happens after some use :D

defy, red lense

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Unbelievable I installed stock GB because i'm taking the phone to the assistance and..surprise..jb by quarx is way smoother and faster! I didn't remember how sh*tty was stock sw..quarx you are the best! :) also network seems better on quarx build.. I mean.. In 2g on stock GB I barely get signal while on jb signal was perfect..how is that possible? :victory:

Reactions: bharathexe

Husi10

Feb 25, 2012
Ok it's working now !!
Just flash it into Recovery and reboot ;)

edit :
wrong again, I haven't read quarx's post. I'll make a new one with AnTerNoz advices ;)

Last edited:

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Ok it's working now !!
Just flash it into Recovery and reboot ;)

look at ur script, it don't make a tmp folder in /data or delete the files in data/battd what is needed for Quarx battd demon, to work right.

u can use
Code:
delete("");
in the updater-script to delete files in data/battd folder

and just extract a empty folder, with name tmp, in data.

Husi10

Feb 25, 2012
So, after hard testing I finally made the good zip !
I hope it will work for you but it work for me.
The script does :
  • remove /data/battd directory
  • create /data/tmp directory
  • replace the old battd file with the new one

I check with adb and all this operation are done after flashing this zip in recovery.
Sorry for the last scripts...

Attachments

• Battd_updater_20121122.zip
    159.2 KB · Views: 1,028

pupiloalpha

Dec 1, 2011
Belo Horizonte
New battd in battery fix

With Defy red lens that use Battery fix, this archive is replaced. I think that I cant use this.

What you think aboute that?

Quarx2k? Any other guys?

Gafanhotz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
With Defy red lens that use Battery fix, this archive is replaced. I think that I cant use this.

What you think aboute that?

Quarx2k? Any other guys?

Since a fewer builds ago you don't have to flash the battery fix anymore. Because the rom backups the battery battd files automatically. Just flash the new battd and it's done. Next time you flash an Quarx's build, you don't have to flash anything more. Just the rom zip and reboot.

Btw, hope we'll receive an new build with this battd and bluetooth zip integrated. The only thing left to put the "stable" on the version name is adding the support for upnp (dlna) applications like an dlna streaming server. (For who those don't know what is it: an wifi server where you can stream videos and music for devices like your tv, your consoles and etc.)

I'll install the new battd and will report any errors later. Thanks Quarx! :eek:

Reactions: pupiloalpha

Gafanhotz

Sep 7, 2011
So, after hard testing I finally made the good zip !
I hope it will work for you but it work for me.
The script does :
  • remove /data/battd directory
  • create /data/tmp directory
  • replace the old battd file with the new one

I check with adb and all this operation are done after flashing this zip in recovery.
Sorry for the last scripts...

Quarx didn't said to delete the /data/battd directory, only it's files... It's an system directory, needed to save battery info! Maybe to delete it's files is better delete the directory and then re-create it?

Last edited:

Gafanhotz

Sep 7, 2011
Noticed that after the new battd the phone is a lot slow to charge... Anyone more can confirm?

Reactions: fairxda

rsk_kelkar

Jun 3, 2011
Goa
Moto X
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Thanks, forgot to say about folder.:)
Also remove /data/battd files.

i am on bl7 defy+.
I deleted the files in /data/battd foler
created a folder tmp in /data
deleted the battd file in /system/bin
pasted then new battdfile in /system/bin

after restart my battery percentage went from 91 to 100. What does this actually do? is my phone not charging to the fullest now?

strange:
even when the phone is not plugged in to any usb nor charger status bar shows 100% battery. It always used to show 99% when unplugged

Last edited:

kapil_dheer

i am on bl7 defy+.
I deleted the files in /data/battd foler
created a folder tmp in /data
deleted the battd file in /system/bin
pasted then new battdfile in /system/bin

after restart my battery percentage went from 91 to 100. What does this actually do? is my phone not charging to the fullest now?

strange:
even when the phone is not plugged in to any usb nor charger status bar shows 100% battery. It always used to show 99% when unplugged

Exactly the same is my experience.....I tried it on latest build. I was at 69% when I installed this and restarted and it showed me 100%.
The battery voltage shown was 4200mv. Earlier values were 4176 for full charge. And it stays at 100% for the last 10min. Earlier it used to get to 99 as soon as I unplugged it.

Are there files safe to be installed on cm7.2 by maniac...so that I can try this on my other defy.

fairxda

Oct 5, 2012
Noticed that after the new battd the phone is a lot slow to charge... Anyone more can confirm?

Yes, I can confirm.

Drain over night is very good.
But working with the defy+ the battery-drain seems more than before.

Here the result over night.

Attachments

• 121124-batterieverbrauch.jpg
    121124-batterieverbrauch.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,182
Reactions: Gafanhotz

theclaytons

Jul 12, 2012
I've Installed new battd on defy red lense with defy+ after market battery. Was fully charged and battery stayed at 99%.

Will be interesting to see what battery reads after several hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: pupiloalpha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.1.2 Jellybean for Defy and Defy+

Download Link: http://quarx2k.ru
    Epsylon3 Builds: http://defy.wdscript.fr/
    Mirrors: http://defy.bytekiste.de/
    http://d-h.st/users/Quarx
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/
    Minimal gaaps(Gmail,Market,Gtalk,Synchronisation) http://quarx2k.ru/gapps-jb-20120726-minimal.zip
    Gapps + Working Google Now - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30988910

12.07: Boot up :)
    14.07: Phone, Mobile Data, USB, Mass storage, Sensors, Camera(Photo), GPS/AGPS.
    18.07: Audio (thanks to maniac103), Video rec/play, Panorama, FM-Radio.
    19.07: Install app to sdcard, mp3 codec, video codec fixes, rework fm-radio, cyan update.
    22.07: Usb fixes, USB Tethering, Data Usage, Preferred Network (umts/cdma) selection, CrystalTalk
    23.07: Fix audio lock-ups (thanks to nadlabak), a2dp, fix volume change, OS FMRadio and fm volume change in background by maniac103, leds
    26.07: Themes, button backlight, fix lag bootanimation, imei/mac... cyanogen updates.
    28.07: re-fix button backlight, holo fm-radio, Option for enable/disable On-Screen Button(36dp)
    04.08: Fix volume rocker music controls, Realtime switch of OnScreenButtons and size of it, Phone/SMS apps now in memory all the time, Enable CPU TLS Register, Auto-Backlight Settings, Boosted governor by default... maybe forgot some more..
    08.08: Improved stablity of camera (bayer have problem with sound), DroidSSHD, Trebuchet, common stablity fixes.
    10.08: update Moto RIL to v4, fm-radio to lockscreen, hwui blacklist on mb525, fix realtime OnScreenButtons, Fix MotoPortal, Disable get local ipv6 adress.
    12.08: Auto-backup battd, Port phone features from cm9, Add national data roaming and make it optional (from AOKP).
    22.08: Fix ability change brightness of buttons(Defyparts), compass fix, Apollo intent fix (which fixes last.fm etc), dalvik heap 128mb -> 48mb, wifi changes
    25.08: Disable lock in memory Phone and sms apps(by users requests), fix OnScreenButtons, ipv6 tweaks.
    28.08: Fix 00:00:00:00:00:00 SSID in apps, fix audio routing in dock modes
    03.09: Fix Audio in video rec(not ideal) and decrease fps in preview camera (not in video), 2Channels for audio, DSP-Manager in software which support JB (ex, apollo) it's not a bug, support multiboot, wifi-tethering (thanks ot devs of ml2, maybe have bugs, not tested)
    04.09: Fix compass, update sgx libs to JB, fix wallpapers, improve video perfomance, new touch driver (for test, only 2 fingers for now, more will be enabled in next build).
    12.09: Fixed touch driver (allow touches upto 10), Fix for data connection, thanks to SlugZero, also some more fixes for stability ril, disable fps limit in preview.
    24.09: Video rec fixes, add 720p rec (not by default, unstable),cyanogen updates.
    2ndboot builds: one build for mb525&526
    10.10 Android 4.1.2, CRT-Animation , custom kernel, experimental. Included patch for flashlght(not tested, but shouldn't burn it)
    11.10 Fix red camera, updated 2ndboot.ko, fix pds mount and permissions.
    18.10 Kernel update:fix wifi tether(reboot), reduce battery drain, fix charge only mode, cleanup unused drivers, fix button lights, fix slow boot and lags after boot.
    02.11 Add power hal, interactive governor+bootpulse(should be default in bootemnu for correct work power hal),kernel fixes from upstream, cleanup/disable unused drivers, fix SGX clocks, add bp_ptc service(only service), fix battery drain, add fuse rw-ntfs/extfat fs support(not tested, but should work), fix backlight settings, fix small problem with fm-radio on notfication drawer, add cm file manager(can work incorrect), restore live wallpapers, cm sync....

17.11 Update kernel to 2.6.32-60, backport some optimisation from 4.2, fix mount options for ext4, cyanogen update, restore conversion to RGB->YV12 for video.
    18.11 Apply many optimisations: Android compiled with latest Linaro toolchain GCC-4.7, kernel compiled with Linaro toolchain GCC-4.5.4. Little wifi fixes.
    28.11 Disable linaro for android, fix adhoch, new battd, fix bt.
    04.12 Partial linaro, Fix upnp/dlna(thanks to nadlabak), fix reboot in bootmenu/recovery, cyan fixes.
    05.12 Fix root, fix adb, fix ROOT/ADB settings from dev menu , cyan fixes.
    22.12 Stability fixes, cyan updates.
    23.12 Fix shutdown, built-in call rec function(thanks to nadlabak).
    29.12 Revert to .9 kernel (for audio tests and stability), fix root permissions on CMFileManager, adb can be disabled now, bootmenu now has only one custom recovery option.
    30.12 Restore .60 kernel, some fixes in android which can cause ringing problems.
    07.01 Again fix root permissions on CMFileManager, fix battery when ADB disabledl, again some fixes which can cause ringing problems.
    17.02 rgnd service, increase performance of camera.
    07.03 Fix for deskclock (from YetAnotherForumUser). Based on clean 2.6.32 moto tree, should fix many random problems... or add more :p
    24.03 Completely new wifi/wifi-ap driver, switch to wpa_supplicant8, Wifi ap AP - 72mbps :)
    25.03 Some fixes in wifi, fixed MAC, WiFi direct implemented
    26.03 Improved stability of wifi.
    09.04 Suspend optimization.
    11.05 Updated USB-Gadget to native for 4.x, fix mtp/ptp/storage/tethering. Removed usb.apk/usbd.
    16.05 Very experimental build, contain a lot of updates from kernels 2.6.33 - 3.1. Increased performance, added swap. Memory management updated to 2.6.39(3.0) state. Some parts updated to 3.1. Blechd0se patches for interactive gov.
    22/23+ experimental.
    16.06 Updated wifi driver & wpa_supplicant, improvement in interactive governor by @Blechd0se. Updated kernel with some patches from upstream.
    09.07 Stability fixes. Updated bootmenu. This build not contain ZCache/Zram/Swap
    30.10 Fixed Video playback, latest kernel changes(same as 10.2), gpu 266mhz...

TIPS: LG Camera app works better with video rec.
    Do not enable "Allow purging of assets" - it makes many lags.

Some users ask about new donate app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donatecm_10 :)

F.A.Q
    Just funny video:)

device-2012-07-13-002749.jpgdevice-2012-07-13-002457.jpgdevice-2012-07-13-002509.jpg
    I appreciate some of the comments here about the difficulty of keeping threads like this cleaned and organized, especially with so many users not following instructions. However, this is the job I signed up for, so it's not a big deal. :)

That being said, since nothing else seems to be working, I'm going to temporarily close this to force people to use the other support threads for this ROM. If you have a legitimate bug to report and serious question that needs answering, use the support threads (an absolute last resort would be PMing the developer). This will be reopened at the appropriate time.

[Support] - [JB] CM10 Android 4.1.1 for the Defy(+)
    [FAQ] [JB] CM10 for Defy/Defy+ (by Quarx) (Added DPI Mod Guide)
    [SUPPORT] Quarx's CM10 PROBLEMS reporting thread

closed_cleaning.png
    Build will not removed.
    Demo build is uploaded for everyone.;)

Android 4.2 has new libc/linker, which breaks compatibility with old moto binaries. Need some time to fix it:)
    And i think, better discuss 4.2 in different thread.
    Sound now works:)
    All thanks for help to maniac103:)
    Thanks guys for found workaround, it can be caused by adb.
    Please try this ramdisk and check battery http://quarx2k.ru/ramdisk
    Replace in /system/bootmenu/2nd-boot