[ROM] [NIghtlies] Disarmed Toaster [CM10/PA/AOKP] - 0.2.0 (Unofficial)

Search This thread

Apfelschale

Jul 10, 2011
Could you share what settings you are using? Kernel?

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

DT 0.2.9 #67 CM10
No other kernels.
Full brightness (not that it would matter with the screen time ^^)
WiFi alwayd enabled

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-27-14-25-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-27-14-25-41.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 571

tzpm

Oct 5, 2012
Why not stopping those full quotes...
I don't mean this in any offensive way, but I think all Tapatalk users would like you to really stop this.
Thanks

i doesn't agree with you .the tree for evo 3D have not build enough.where is the 0.4 with 3D?if agrabren leave evo 3d will dead quickly without better cm

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda premium

Nathanation

Mar 22, 2011
Farnham
DT 0.2.9 #67 CM10
No other kernels.
Full brightness (not that it would matter with the screen time ^^)
WiFi alwayd enabled

P-droid patch? I cannot get more than 8 hours light use! I currently have just the bare minimum apps installed. Data and WiFi off. Vanilla kernel. But it just drains with the screen off, sometimes it will even drain whilst charging. I think I'm going to buy a new battery.

Apfelschale

Jul 10, 2011
P-droid patch? I cannot get more than 8 hours light use! I currently have just the bare minimum apps installed. Data and WiFi off. Vanilla kernel. But it just drains with the screen off, sometimes it will even drain whilst charging. I think I'm going to buy a new battery.

No Pdroid, as you can see on the notification bar I use LBE.

Don't know, surprised me myself a little, past cycles were fairly normal with about 20h on average use and 1,5d with little to no use. Like I said before, WiFi enabled makes it drain a lot less.

Reactions: Nathanation

Stickypinkyfinger

Jan 6, 2012
Cambridgeshire
Move with the times? I still rock my old HD2 from time to time...and that phone still does the job on Microsoft and android through jb. Lol. :). It is really the phone people should want as a daily tbh as a android it is awesome. If I want games I'll get on my PC or any PC for that matter. :)

That said, I've forwarded two iPhone people directly to the S3 and they love em.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

I loved my evo 3d. Had it for year and a half. Its a shame the phone went out so quick. I don't like I phones but the good thing about them is they get many updates so you can own it for more than a year before you have to buy a new one. There is nothing wrong with an old phone, I still got my old Nokia 8850 silver flip phone. That was £1200 new unlocked, got a blue screen, no internet, no camera or anything else. Value on smart phones these day are good, just a shame they don't provide updates for longer than a year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

caruhe

Sep 20, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Like many of you, i decuct what agraben said as a farewell speech
at the same time time like many of you i hope it isnt
agraben hasnt finished his work yet, he has promises, hope he will keep those
even if he cant keep his promises, we all owe him a lot...

cityeyes

Aug 12, 2009
Near Chicago

I know that V6 supercharger is installed with Pdroid automatically - maybe that's doing it? All I know is that I get decent battery life with stock without pdroid/supercharger.

Nathanation

Mar 22, 2011
Farnham
I know that V6 supercharger is installed with Pdroid automatically - maybe that's doing it? All I know is that I get decent battery life with stock without pdroid/supercharger.

I also thought this but reading the supercharger thread people seem to claim that its beneficial for battery life. I've had my 3d 18 months, probably could do with a fresh battery.

cityeyes

Aug 12, 2009
Near Chicago
Reading the supercharger thread people seem to claim that its beneficial for battery life.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but I haven't tried it myself so I'm reluctant in believing all of the claims. It's hard for me to believe that something that causes such a huge jump in usability and speed that is also beneficial to the battery wouldn't be stock or something.

Could definitely be the battery though.

XzinteR

Aug 19, 2011
Yeah, I noticed that as well, but I haven't tried it myself so I'm reluctant in believing all of the claims. It's hard for me to believe that something that causes such a huge jump in usability and speed that is also beneficial to the battery wouldn't be stock or something.

Could definitely be the battery though.
When I used I ended up with horrible battery life and general instability. It even caused regular freezes. Not what I would call supercharging!

spinosa

Nov 6, 2011
No deepsleep? If you have bluetooth enabled try testing with it disabled - here it keeps the phone from going into deepsleep...

Last edited:

CiDhed

May 14, 2009
St. Louis
Anyone having issues with the quick controls not working in the browser? Mine only work in landscape mode now.

Last edited:

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
How many of you would like to see the ButteredToasT-Kernel be integrated into this ROM? I'd love it! :)

It relies on user settings, having it in the ROM would make it using stock settings, which aren't as nice as the ones that an user might pick.
It's worth just some seconds for you to flash and customize it.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 - Disarmed Toaster - Rearmed

Current version: 0.2.9

elW6.png

This is an un-official ROM, and not directly supported by the CyanogenMod team.

Background Information:
    While working on Devil Toast, it occurred to me that I enjoyed having "names" for the different ROMs, instead of just calling them "CM9", "CM10", etc... But then, what was I going to call Jelly Bean? And while I greatly appreciate all the help ToastCFH has given me in the Android community, it didn't make sense to continue naming my ROMs after him. Then it struck me, "Disarmed Toaster". The name originally came from Microsoft (I'm sure they're thrilled to have named an Android ROM) and their absolutely insane "Random Naming" scheme in the XBOX 360. My wife couldn't think up a nickname (if any of you can't guess what my nick is, you have a *serious* issue with pattern recognition) so the XBOX 360 suggested some for her. The one that caught her attention was "Disarmed Toaster". What exactly is an armed toaster? Do we need to start warning people of the dangers of armed toasters? Are they rising up against us? So after some mild chuckles, she selected it as her name. No, she doesn't play online. No, neither of us have a Gold account. We play "Ticket To Ride" on it, that's about it. So when I got Jelly Bean to boot for the first time and actually function, the first change I made was to name it "Disarmed Toaster", after the woman who really is the most important person in my life. When it became evident that I took Devil Toast as far as it was going to go without some serious code writing (for this unfamiliar, this is the act of writing source code. I don't do any smali hacking or binary swapping from other developers to make these ROMs), I decided it was time to cut over to Jelly Bean. So here it is, a pre-Alpha Jelly Bean ROM, named "Disarmed Toaster"

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, your wife/girlfriend wanting
     * to have my babies, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

What works:
    • Phone
    • Wifi
    • Camera
    • USB Mass Storage
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Car Dock
    • Google Now
    • Mutli-touch

What doesn't work:
    • Anryl Kernel is missing (you can select it, but the actual boot image is missing from the package)
    • PDroid app is missing (you can download it from XDA). Framework is still properly installed.
    • Vanilla Kernel may or may not actually boot. It didn't boot for me, but mileage may vary?
    • Vanilla Kernel missing multi-touch patch
    • Random data drops
    • 3D
    • HDMI output

Downloads:
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/agrabren/cm10/shooteru
    Mirror: http://dl.nemec.co/agrabren/cm10

GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Kernel: Vanilla Kernel
    Toolchain: GCC ARM version 4.6
    Source: https://github.com/agrabren/android_kernel_htc_shooter.git

Kernel: CoolExe ShooterU Kernel
    Toolchain: Linaro
    Source: git://github.com/Coolexe/shooteru-ics-crc-3.0.16-e733189.git

Kernel Flashing:
    This ROM uses extra information contained in the boot.img file which standard mkbootimg doesn't understand and discards. To change the kernel, please download the unpackbootimg and mkbookimg tools located on goo.im next to the ROM itself. These are linux-only tools for the moment, but should unblock people from creating boot.img files which are compatible with Disarmed Toaster.

Special Thanks:
    First, and most importantly, my wife Courtney, who this build is named after
    CoolExe and MikeC84 for offering me the ability to prepackage their kernels in the installer
    ToastCFH, who helped me learn both Linux and Android, as well as contributed largely to all HTC product development in CM
    Anryl, who has helped me along in the GSM community
    Binux-Project, for the amazing 3D Boot Animation
    TeamWin, cause I still love those guys
    DigitalHigh, who got me back into this stuff
    And HTC, makers of a great phone that failed only because of marketing and software...

Version History
    • Camera fixes
    • Bluetooth
    • AOKP added to ROM
    • Kernels included in AROMA Installer
    • Fixes in build process, switch to Anryl and MAC Kernels
    • Internal bugfixes, integration of latest codebases
    • Fixed WiFi
    • Fixed Phone Audio
    • Fixed Google Now
    • Broke Phone Audio (See a recurring trend?)
    • Broke WiFi
    • Fixed multi-touch
    • Fixed issue with phone audio
    • Verified USB Mass Storage and GPS
    • Broke Google Now / mic
    • Fixed mic issue when not in phone call
    • Fixed headset issue
    • Pre-alpha builds
    Bugfixes completed for next release
    • No video from YouTube or Gallery
    • PDroid 2.0 and V6 Supercharger patches for all three ROMs

Bugs blocking next minor release

Bugs blocking next major release
    • AOKP bootloops
    • Tile Rendering has corruption (visible in YouTube video playback)

Planned Development: This list is subject to change
    0.4:
    • WiFi Tethering
    0.5:
    • 3D Camera and Gallery
    0.6:
    • YouTube 3D
    • Battery Improvements
    I'm actually working on the 3D camera at the moment. :) Why? Because I miss the 3D part of the EVO 3D. I'm not nearly as focused on my own "ROM" at the moment as I am creating the patches required to get all ROMs supported. I will, obviously, end up uploading my own ROMs for people to try and play with. But first, I want to get this feature working. :)

It's a bit harder, Qualcomm took down some of the source code we used in the past. Good thing I'm stubborn. ;)
    Flash a sense Rom and see if that makes a difference. If it's Sprint (CDMA), update your PRL and profile while you're there.

New development well be on 4.2.1, since that's the code I'm now most familiar with. I thought I knew android before I started on Thor. I was wrong. But I'm coming back with new abilities and more understanding. I program Java now too! So no part of the system is off limits to me!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    Yes, still working on it. Work is, of course, still very hectic at the moment. But I'm also trying to get 4.2.2 fully building and functional. That's not a small task (sadly) but I'll get it working. Once we have something stable, I can put some nice touches on things like the LEDs. And I'm still in the process of learning more and more about the internals of Android and its architecture. That experience is invaluable for adding features like 3D support. So don't take my lack of updates as nothing happening, it's just nothing to release yet.