[Q] different bitween update from SD card and odin downloader

Search This thread

lm_irfan

Jun 16, 2012

i am new to android phones ROM updating . in forums for update ROM on android phone tutorials have two methods

1 . update by SD card

2. odin multi downloader

can any one guide us what are two these methods and both are same or different approach.?? and which is the safest way to update ROM??
also can we downgrade android firnware with out problem?? and how to find the latest version by file name on android, what is the different bitween stock ROM and custom ROM?/??

thank you

lm_irfan

Jun 16, 2012
i know it is basic question. but we are still beginners in android platform. can any one answer those question or any thread in xda developers that will show the answer
thanks

Sep 19, 2012
Indore
These are two different modes to change or add things mainly in system. Install from sdcard option is used when you have a zip file of the package you want to change or add. While Odin works only for samsung smartphones. If you have samsung smartphone, odin mode is the BEST. It decreases the chances of corrupting (a.k.a. bricking) your phone. Else you will have to use the install from sdcard option.
You can downgrade your android firmware. Just search and download appropriate package according to the firmware you want and the device you have.
Stock tom is the operating system (a.k.a. rom) that shipped with your phone. While custom rom is developed by people who are mostly not related in the development of original rom.
Custom rom has some disadvantages BUT has many advantages too. You can get more details on google so try search on it. If you need any help just post here.

Hope i helped :) .

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA-Developers App.

Last edited:
Reactions: lm_irfan

lm_irfan

Jun 16, 2012
thank you very much master. so if a phone on jelly bean we can downgrade to gingerbread with out any problem?? sir can we know what version (ex: gingerbread or ICS ) with flash file name??

Sep 19, 2012
Indore
Yes you can IF the OS is released for your device officially. If it is not then you might search for custom OS (ROM) on google or here. Search it with your device name ONLY!
And the OS name is usually written on the zip file or whatever file you downloaded. Or it is written in the website you downloaded it from :) .

P.S. Please dont call me master whatsoever.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are two different modes to change or add things mainly in system. Install from sdcard option is used when you have a zip file of the package you want to change or add. While Odin works only for samsung smartphones. If you have samsung smartphone, odin mode is the BEST. It decreases the chances of corrupting (a.k.a. bricking) your phone. Else you will have to use the install from sdcard option.
    You can downgrade your android firmware. Just search and download appropriate package according to the firmware you want and the device you have.
    Stock tom is the operating system (a.k.a. rom) that shipped with your phone. While custom rom is developed by people who are mostly not related in the development of original rom.
    Custom rom has some disadvantages BUT has many advantages too. You can get more details on google so try search on it. If you need any help just post here.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA-Developers App.