Free UNLOCK N7105

Search This thread

ecgz88

Jul 17, 2008
read in RFD: after choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ you need touch SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] I get:

MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 118640

...wait...

when I press back button I get

PERSO_NV_INIT is processing

then

PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL

all done

yulet

Dec 10, 2011
Yes you will see that after pressing option 3.. you now go back one step and choose option 4 --

you missed one step... read above...

There was no 4th option on stock TELUS/Bell ROM.
We got that option after 4.1.1 update and it works now. My phone is unlocked :good:

Reactions: owl74

andronikal659

Sep 28, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys, I just wanted to know is this a permanent unlock. I mean if I go back to stock will it reset my sins as well? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

lg777

Apr 30, 2011
Are people using valid or active sims from other carriers?

I don't get a prompt asking me to unlock...I just get an invalid sim message. I'm not sure if I'm unlocked.

I'm on Roger's with the Note 2...I317M or is it L317M?

Last edited:

ravi_mytouch

Jan 23, 2012
Works Fine on T-Mo S3 4.1.1

Worked Perfect on SGH-T999
I checeked with an ATT SIM got a download speed of 2333 kbps and upload speed of 1500 kbps
Thanks a lot

angryphoton

Feb 19, 2011
Confirmed working, Galaxt Note II on AT&T unlocked and tested with a T-Mobile prepaid micro SIM, was able to complete a call using T-Mobile (data not tested).

Last edited:

zhengw

Apr 2, 2011
How about the radio? If a att note 2 is unlocked this way, which network it can get from tmobile? 3G? HSPT? 4G?:confused:

beefchopper

Oct 7, 2012
The Verizon version supposedly comes unlocked but there does not appear to be any way to enter APN's for anything other than Verizon's correspondent carriers. Is there a way to do this on a Verizon GN2? Do the phones from any of the other carriers have any problem getting data when using a foreign sim? I'd like to be able to use my Verizon GN2 with local sim cards when abroad and still get data.

m-p{3}

Sep 26, 2010
Tried on my GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.2.1 just in case it would work (GT-i9250M), no luck so far.
When entering the code, I have an error message mentionning the USSD code is invalid.

howipig

Dec 23, 2010
Tried on my GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.2.1 just in case it would work (GT-i9250M), no luck so far.
When entering the code, I have an error message mentionning the USSD code is invalid.

m-p{3},

All NEXUS devices are factory unlocked!!! You don't need to do anything, man!!!

stevenca

Oct 30, 2010
WOW ! THANKS OP!!!

I just tried this after updating to Bell factory JB and the menus were there , I followed instructions and rebooted , inserted a telus sim (brand new out of package with no services on it yet) and it did NOT ask me for a pin !! Guesss I'm unlocked !!!

Galaxy S3 I747M on factory firmware!

It automatically picked up telus and koodo apn for me as well!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PDF file now attached...

Please read the whole thread if you can or at least the whole OP down to the bottom before asking questions as your question might have already been answered... Thank you...

############################################

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

#############################################

I can confirm the unlock survives ROM flashing

#############################################

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (if 4.1.1 does not work, try 4.1.0) otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel :cyclops: ...

NOTICE:

To those having "Conditional Call Forwarding" pop up message or similar pop ups appear everytime you make a call (but they disappear within a few seconds), this is normal with an old sim card, or when using a ported number. There is no restriction to calls or internet or whatever. This is confirmed by my provider when I walked in and asked them about it. They even showed me one of their sample Note 2's and S3's having the same message.

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.
    It seems that 4.1.1 it was there, but they removed it in 4.1.2 (just last week) -- and, naturally, I only decided to travel to the US (and hence looked for unlocking howto) after I upgraded ;)

If that's the case, obviously Samsung is taking out this option. If so, like BajanMan said, flash previous version using ODIN and then unlock your Note 2.

Speaking of Previous Version, you can find previous Firmwares over at SamMobile. It seems you are in Luck. They have KIES Version of 4.1.1 for your NOTE 2. This should be walk in a park as you don't have to use ODIN. Just use KIES to go backwards. Unlock it and then go back Forward again.

Kindly hit the Thanks button if this was useful.
    Hey guys, I just wanted to know is this a permanent unlock. I mean if I go back to stock will it reset my sins as well? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

You need to go to church to reset your sins, not stock! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    This is really GREAT NEWS ...

Have anyone tried to see if it still works after the FACTORY RESET.

I did a factory reset on my AT&T model and the unlock was still intact!
    Can anyone confirm that this is a full sim unlock?

I have tried 3, O2, giffgaff, and an Asian roaming sim and the phone have signal and does not prompt for network password like it did before unlocking...