[12/31][ICS][AOKP][CHX] ICS Yetki 1.2 - Way too smooth! Read the OP!

Search This thread

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
It's not because I want to hold on to IceColdSandwich, but we must use a DHD base to get stuff like EGL working without replacing and modifying 20 libs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
It's not because I want to hold on to IceColdSandwich, but we must use a DHD base to get stuff like EGL working without replacing and modifying 20 libs.

Could you enlight me what EGL is? Some sort of rendering software like OpenGL?

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
EGL is the combination of userspace drivers and an implementation of functions in the kernel to allow the operating system to use the Adreno205 on the SOC in your Flyer. OpenGL leans on EGL in turn to give applications the possibility to utilise the GPU.

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
I have tested the ROM, quite stable, no random hang. Couldn't find new bug other than mentioned such as battery and app in setting cause reboot, white screen in facebook app. BTW, picture post in twitter app doesn't load correctly. But I can use other app. 3G Call still won't work. But enough to be my daily driver.:)

Edit: I use Nova without any problem

Sent from my HTC Flyer using xda premium

To all those getting reboots when using app in Settings, go to Titanium Backup, hit Batch (2nd icon on the top right) scroll down to Move /Integrate and Run move user apps to internal memory, this will solve the problem :)

PS: I get white screen on Dolphin Browser too

Last edited:
Reactions: Schedonnardus

Varusb

Aug 26, 2007
Very fine rom. Very fast browsing experience. Any chance on htc notes for pen scribbles?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda app-developers app

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
Doubt it, HTC notes is a sense app, this ROM is not based on HTC sense. Try Quill, its in the market, I believe.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: PVL_93_RU

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
Someone can get a rom with Sense 4.1 from dhd. Please..

Dude, you are a developer yourself. So why don't you just get to the porting S4.1 ROM to the Flyer already, instead of coming here every once in a while to ask for that kind of a ROM?

Remember rule No.1 - never ask for ETAs

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada
Dude, you are a developer yourself. So why don't you just get to the porting S4.1 ROM to the Flyer already, instead of coming here every once in a while to ask for that kind of a ROM?

You think I do not try already? I already try a few months ago.. I'm persistent because i had a lot of time trying. I had infinite bootloops on boot Animation. I developing and i do what i can.

Reactions: hoatienii

jprednik

Dec 5, 2011
Velenje

nor he did ask for ETA, just expresed his wish for sense 4 rom. As i would love to have working BT for voice calls on HC, ICS or JB,... but if not o well... such is life...

GL Chaos and MAX on your developments.

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
Sense 4.1: haven't had time to look at it and it is definitely not the high priority atm. If I give it a go you'll see it, but there are more important things atm.

Reactions: PVL_93_RU

dcwiker05

Dec 10, 2008
Ephrata PA
So I have a WiFi Flyer and I unlocked via HTCdev.com. I flashed this ROM (flashed the boot.img in fastboot) then flashed the WiFi patch and no matter what I can not get my WiFi to turn on. What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Flyer. Refined for performance.​

Meet ICS Yetki, our latest iteration of Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Flyer. After ICS Lisbon, which was a Proof-Of-Concept serie of ROMs to show off Ice Cream Sandwich on the Flyer, we decided to gather our old work and fixes, along with input from the community, to make a brand new Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. And it's called Yetki. Built using the work of LorD ClockaN with IceColdSandwich, along with our patches, and the N-trig fix from iamchucky, we gathered the best of the best.

The ROM works on the latest iteration of Android Open Kang Project for Ice Cream Sandwich. On top of that, we add our collection of optimizations and tweaks for the HTC Flyer, be it in the ROM itself, or in the kernel. The tweaks I add are the so called 'CHX Tweaks'. So basically, CHX means our kernel (source will be up ASAP as we don't have access to the buildmachine at the moment), and various tweaks for more performance. ICS Yetki will be a stable base with optimizations for the HTC Flyer, making the most out of your tablet.

Enough chit-chat, let's get started.

Releases (Read this!):
    ICS Yetki 1.2: Click here to download from Ge.tt!
    - ICS SD Binder to bind MicroSD to a directory, how to use:
    - Start ICS SD Binder
    - Make sure original mountpoint is set to /mnt/emmc, and mounting directory is a folder name which doesn't exist yet on your SD
    - Enable the first and last checkbox
    - Save & Reboot
    - Your external SD should be mounted to the new directory when it's not plugged in using USB. When you connect it using USB it will unmount automatically, and upon removal of the USB cable it will remount the device

- Way smoother experience with lots of HWA improvements
    - Removed Gtalk to get rid of FCs
    - Removed Nova and Trebuchet launcher, you can get them from Play Store (I use Nova and I recommend it)
    - Probably other stuff I forgot, will update is they come in to my mind
    - Happy new year :)

ICS Yetki 1.0: http://recluster.net/icsyetki/update-ics-yetki-1.0.zip
    - Built upon IceColdSandwich 8.8 for HTC Desire HD
    - Touchfix from iamchucky (including pen)
    - CHX kernel with more CPU governors
    - Damn smooth, and more performance tweaks coming soon, including OC, SIO and CPU governors
    - No Youtube HD, Bluetooth and front camera, everything else should work (including back camera)
    - Great battery life, 3% battery usage at 6 hours idle (using ondemand I believe)
    - AOSP/CM compliant mounting method (internal at /sdcard, external at /emmc) this may not be to everyone's liking, but this will evolve in full MTP. The reason for this decision is the fact that bypassing the standards of filesystem allocation (as done in CM10 and AOKP by Dex) breaks USB application deployment, making it unusable for application development. Aside from that, it also breaks the possibility to install APKs manually (unless you do a raw copy to /data/app). We don't want these issues, so for now we mount everything the way CyanogenMod does, and we will implement MTP ASAP, so the mounting to the PC will also work as expected.

Wi-Fi-only Flyer? Install this ZIP as well: click here!

Known issues:
    - Too smooth ICS on a device that is EOL by the company
    - Storage and Apps in Settings cause a reboot due to some issues with external apps. Use Titanium to move your apps to internal NAND. Alternatively, you can try the command 'pm set-install-location 1' to force apps to be installed to NAND (this doesn't always work for some reason, investigating)
    - You tell us?

Donations:
    This is a side-project I am working on which takes quite some free time, and since I don't have a job it's pretty hard to cover my expenses. Stuff such as a drivers license, saving some money for my study, and perhaps a new smartphone in between. It's not an obligation, but if you support these efforts of a 16-year old developer, a donation would be appreciated very much. My Paypal address is corepwn20@gmail.com.

CHX salutes you. :good:​
    Sorry for the delay on updates, but I recently got a box up and running with Mint which is okay for building kernels (it takes 45 minutes, but it does it :p). I started development of a 3.0 kernel, and it will be maintained in a Git repo. This git repo will have all commits I apply, but it will be pushed to Github once a week. I think every friday or saturday, the source will be updated with the stuff I have added. If I can get this to run, I will start focusing on a new ROM which utilizes it and hopefully it will attract more developers to this device.
    Enough voting guys, too much will look suspicious and I think this will suffice :) Thanks a lot to all of you!

Quick update on the ROM, this has been implemented in Yetki 1.1 for friday:

- General UI fixes thanks to memory mappings by iamchucky (no more lockscreen flipping during unlock, and other changes)

- White screen issues resolved by disabling a part of the netfilter which required some fancy 3.0 kernel stuff (Gmail etc. are all working fine now! :))

- Smoother UI (damn smooth!)

- Storage stuff will be fixed in a way that doesn't mess with ROM internals, and the method I use for it can be easily applied to other devices by just copying a single file :), this will take until friday as I am gone all day tomorrow and the development of this will be done this afternoon and friday. 1.1 will be released friday, we're still on schedule with hopefully more fixes, optimizations and tuneups in the pipeline :)
    Quick status update:

We will ATTEMPT to build CM from source with our own device trees asap, and CWM6. Aside from that, we are also investigating some SD mounting issues