Search This thread

skateman274

Jan 6, 2012
Tampa
Haha anyone i thought want share my kernel to you , with patched 3.0.54 .. Based kangbang but with jt29's defconfig

Here ya go , http://db.tt/RGBD8Vz6

Btw: headset fixed , and this is based on stable branch , thanks ..

Sent from my iPhone powered iOS 5.1.1 by Apple™

I downloaded this and my headphones still do not work. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
I downloaded this and my headphones still do not work. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Did you clear dalvik and cache after flashing the new Kernel? I think that might do it.

On R29 + KangBang v1.9 (Stable):

a) Working headset buttons
b) Chrome browser working much better with no more keyboard lag and screen distortion (I am not sure why a kernel would affect this).

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
Should I do stable or performance?
Performance doesn't work on all phones, and your phone may not boot with it installed, so download them both, do a nandroid backup and pick one to try. I find battery life to be very poor with the performance kernel and went back to the stable kernel. The nandroid backup will also let you go back to the stock kernel for JellyTime if you are having problems with either of the Kangbang kernels. Remember to wipe cache and dalvik cache before booting with the new kernel.

Which kernel is the best for R29 ???? linko please if possible

See above. Here's the link to the Kangbang thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1931386

Reactions: hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks mate will download and flash. Ready to then Backup flash sense 4.0 back on back that up then dual boot them.

desdan

Sep 5, 2007
Guys, there are several KangBang kernels. For information to be of use, please specify which one and how you flashed it.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Right, well I originally flashed Kangbang 1.8 Performance edition installing from recovery using the "install from sd card" option.

In MY situation, I am using :-

Governor = SmartassV2
Scheduler = noop

MAX = 1612
MIN = 768

Now I must stress... This works for me, but it MIGHT NOT work for you!

:eek: ALWAYS do a Backup before attempting to flash an alternative Kernal, and always remember, the higher the Max speed that you run your phone at, then the more wear you are potentially, causing to your phone...

I am using these settings because I want to get the most out of my DHD, before I feel that I have to go out and buy a new phone.... And to be honest, By using Jellytime 29 & Kangbang on my DHD, I really dont feel the need to buy another phone yet :cool:

Everything is running smooth, and battery is better than I have had on Jellytime for a long while.

I have just flashed Kangbang 1.9 performance... Everything is looking good at the moment.. If there are any problems, I will post and let you know.

As usual, a BIIIG thank you to RB and Synergie, and ALL of the other developers, and all of the people behind the scenes who breathe new life into poorly phones LOL... :highfive:

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
I have flashed KangBang kernel (stable) and I'm now getting "can't connect to camera" error when I try running camera app.... Will try flashing new 1.9 and erasing dalvik+cache (after 1st flash I didn't)...

desdan: I envy you, I can't go more than 1.2Ghz..... :(

desdan

Sep 5, 2007
I have flashed KangBang kernel (stable) and I'm now getting "can't connect to camera" error when I try running camera app.... Will try flashing new 1.9 and erasing dalvik+cache (after 1st flash I didn't)...

desdan: I envy you, I can't go more than 1.2Ghz..... :(

I know mate... I am just lucky I guess... I can go even higher, but I start to get nervous lol...

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
So I tried the 1.9 and same thing. I restored normal JT from backup and camera is working, so it must be Kernel. Anyone else with the issue?

Top Liked Posts