Best Skins Ever now selling LG Nexus 4 skins

Search This thread

eternityends

Mar 24, 2011
Baltimore
I had issues with the proximity sensor on my Nexus 4 using Best Skin Ever's cover. I emailed them using their website "contact us" page and received a response email promptly. They are shipping a replacement and even got it sent to the postal service same day as my initial complaint. I'm pretty impressed with the quick turnaround time. Maybe Google should take a page out of their book :p

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Got mine today it came with the cut out but how did u guys get the sides to stick I applied it to my replacement phone just now and the screen keeps peeling on the sides

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Toadily

Nov 22, 2012
I just let it dry overnight and made sure there was some liquid solution holding the sides down.

bigmase521

Jun 14, 2007
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got mine today it came with the cut out but how did u guys get the sides to stick I applied it to my replacement phone just now and the screen keeps peeling on the sides

I'll drop what I posted earlier. HTH!

Agreed. The way I did it was to use a thin flexible plastic card (like an insurance card) to squeegee out the water and I spent the most time getting the sides done and flush. I would use the card width-wise, bend the card down along the curved edges of the screen, and then take the corner of the card in a straight position (not flexed/bent),and smooth the skin out in a diagonal-top-to-bottom motion until it was all smooth. It takes time to get it right, and you may have to peel it off, re-wet, and start over, but spending the extra time is well worth it for a perfect fit! Just take your time to get it right and you will be happy w/ the results!

cyanide911

Jun 28, 2009
Can someone post pics, I want to see how the phone looks with the full body cover before buying.

And since this just protects the phone aesthetically, do you guys use a separate case as well? I'm paranoid against drops, so I'll have to get a case too. Might render a full body cover like this one pointless.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
I only got the front piece not the back or the whole body thing, so in my case, yes ill get a bumper to get optimum protection.

Sent from my Nexus 7

elliot.newnham

Mar 21, 2011
Atlanta
Can someone post pics, I want to see how the phone looks with the full body cover before buying.

And since this just protects the phone aesthetically, do you guys use a separate case as well? I'm paranoid against drops, so I'll have to get a case too. Might render a full body cover like this one pointless.

Here is my album... http://imgur.com/a/XJk9K

I have a diztronic case around the skin as well. Looks/feels great!

I ended up taking the side covers.. they didn't feel good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pheno.menon

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas

You'll need to squeeze out the water from the edges so it can dry up a little. Once it starts to dry up a little, it will stick down well.

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
Here are the pics, it's really hard to take a good picture when there's glare on the subject

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354878500.343208.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354878513.204851.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

versd

Dec 23, 2010
mine was delivered without the prox cut out. sent an email this morning, hope for a replacement ... fingers crossed.

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose
Here is my album... http://imgur.com/a/XJk9K

I have a diztronic case around the skin as well. Looks/feels great!

I ended up taking the side covers.. they didn't feel good.

Does your diztronic case lift the skin? I have the skin but haven't put it on yet (just rocking the case for now) since Diztronic says their cases work better with dry screen protectors.

Transmission sent from my Nexus 4

LargePig

Mar 29, 2007
Just to let you guys know that these skins work well with the bumper. My bumper came today and it's working just fine. There is no contact between the bumper and the skin yet bumper stops you're finger catching on the edge of the skin. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
Just to let you guys know that these skins work well with the bumper. My bumper came today and it's working just fine. There is no contact between the bumper and the skin yet bumper stops you're finger catching on the edge of the skin. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I assume you don't have the skin for the sides?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've always had good experiences with these skins.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/google-nexus-4-skin
    Yep, already ordered.

Guess I have to buy this phone now lol

To my fellow UK buyers, the total protection is £7.23 ish after international postage and currency conversion. (Via PayPal)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I ordered my BSE full body skins at the beginning of December, didn't realize they even had a "case optimized" version, I guess that one's for the bumpers. The ones I got fit perfectly with my Ringke Slim case. Here are some pictures of it installed.

I never had issues with BSE. I tried almost all the other types of skins but I always seem to find myself coming back to their product.
    Got my BSE full body set today, with some people here specifically mentioning that BSE seems to produce a slightly smoother feeling skin than other similar brands, I decided to take a chance on ordering one of these with the 30% discount. Still came out to $8 something with shipping for just one set, quite a bit more than the promotions from other brands. Such as Xtremeguard where $8 could've gotten you 3 sets. I normally hate wet apply screen protectors, having had experience with Bodyguardz, Skinomi and Xtremeguard in the past. I found these all to feel far too sticky and unpleasant for daily usage...ok for the phone's rear, not ok for the front screen.

My main purpose in getting the BSE was for the screen protector only, as I already have a Spigen Ultra Crystal Dual applied to my Nexus 4's rear. I did not like how Spigen's front screen protector was not edge to edge, due to the Nexus 4's screen curvature. The look of it, especially when combined with the LG bumper case, seemed really cheap looking, as though you didn't spend on a quality protector. Thus I wanted to at least try another wet apply protector brand prior to using up the Spigen front protector.

My application took two tries, first time was too soapy and left a lot of haze underneath the protector. I peeled it off and tried again, this time with practically no soap. This seems the best way to go, I was able to get a good apply with no haze the 2nd time. Still waiting for a few noticeable bubbles to disappear now, the orange peel effect is extremely minimal, where I have to look extremely close at steep angles to see anything. It covers the screen pretty much edge to edge, including the curved parts, and fortunately stuck very well to the curved parts with little to no effort once the skin dried. Thus far the edges haven't lifted back up either.

The most important thing though in the end is the feel of it. When you slide your finger across it, you can tell that it's not a hard protector, as the texture is softer, and feels a bit plasticky. Nonetheless I will say, this BSE protector feels noticeably slicker and smoother than the other wet apply protectors I've tried in the past. There is little to no resistance when swiping with a dry finger. With a slightly damp finger, resistance increases considerably, but that goes with any protector really. Perhaps most shocking is that in some cases, I sometimes find it even smoother than the Spigen protector I have on the Nexus 4's back, and that the Spigen feels slightly stickier at times. Granted I will say, for such an expensive dry protector, Spigen's Ultra Crystal is disappointingly not one of the smoothest ones I've tried to date...it's actually stickier than some generics I've tried. It is however insanely clear, with a perfect application it is very difficult to even see it against the Nexus 4's back.

In any case, for a wet apply screen protector, the Best Skin's Ever protector does indeed feel smoother and slicker than some other brands, in my experience. Enough that I'll actually go ahead and stick to this for my front screen over the Spigen, something I didn't think would happen.