[rom] crespo4g aosp kang 4.2.1 [build 3 ~ jan 10, 2013]

Search This thread

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Bland booted fine for me and ran like a champ... Only reason I left it was because it was stock lol... Rasbean has minor tweaks like power menu, a couple status bar tweaks, back to kill, volume music skip, modded lock screen widgets, and the toggle mod from Kev... I'm not saying its bad to have a few options... But it seems the options are nearly identical and sorta pointless IMHO... Your JB ROM was my first jump to 4.1... So I appreciate the work you do... But like I said above, I think that effort would serve everyone better if it was combined into a single ROM... Think teamwork :D

As for the 4G tether... I think its an issue with the app and 4.2... I tried that app on all the current ROMs, with exception to this one and they all turn on with 4G but neither laptop or other cellular devices can fins the signal... Native 4G tether has been broken for me since the 4.1 binaries came out... The CM10 07/26 build was the last build that had it working natively... Nobody seemed to care enough to fix it so I just used that WiFi tether app... But now that app is broken too... Hopefully my assumption is correct and its a matter of the Dev updating the app and not the 4.2 update itself... Hope that bit of info helps...

BTW, from the screenshot in the OP, are those toggles like they're shown or are they like stock 4.2 with that as an option?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Btw, check the "Show log" to see if u have errors... We had similar issues with 4.1... If I had a computer, I'd try to dig up that info... Here's what I get on rasbean

e9ahe2yn.jpg

I remember reading something about "Device Profile" under settings to fix this... My guess is that the app doesn't recognize the 4.2 update yet... Again, not sure if that's something to fix on the ROM or app end! That info should get anyone looking top fix this at least going in the right direction...

sorry, bud...didn't mean to skip over you like that :)

I also got errors while configuring. I guess it needs updating for us to use it on 4.2.x :(

as for the toggles, you can edit them any way you'd like...there's an app in the drawer titled 'notification toggle' you can use for the notification shade toggle, and one titled 'quick settings' to edit the ones like you see in vanilla aosp 4.2 :) this gives you the best of both worlds, I think. there are toggles right in plain sight for regular every day tasks and custom app shortcuts, and then there are more behind the quick settings menu for other tasks you may not perform quite so often. Both menus can be totally customized

Reactions: the1dynasty

blu8503

Dec 31, 2011
Okay, I've gone over all the comments in the thread, but I just want some clarification. MMS (picture messages) are working on this, correct?

Also, does this use the new file structure for 4.2? Namely shifting things around on the "sdcard" to the 0 folder? Like on the Nexus 7 and all the other devices officially on 4.2. Just asking because backups and whatnot have been hell on my Nexus 7. They don't appear anywhere, but they are there and you can restore/backup properly. Kind of weird and a hassle but I can live with it. Just wondering if I'll have the same issues on here arising from that.

MMS works

n2d551

Apr 2, 2012
hampton,va
Notification toggles is the bomb. I've been using it for months.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

blu8503

Dec 31, 2011
Notification toggles is the bomb. I've been using it for months.

I love the way HP setup this ROM, cause I do not like the notification setting but love the new quick settings and it is great to have both and choose

blu8503

Dec 31, 2011
Noticed a little strangeness. Full wipe and installed new version. Reinstalled all my apps. There is no email app or corporate option in the accounts section under settings. Also I only have the option to choose from 4 apps on the lock screen widgets. Was more in the last build.

chalan30

Nov 15, 2009
AUSTIN, TX
I enabled to notification widgets and now I only have two quick settings showing when I press the button.... Other than that running great.

n2d551

Apr 2, 2012
hampton,va
I believe that I read somewhere that the exchange email was left out of gapps on purpose because of fc on the 4.2.1 update. And this was fixed by Google later on. So just grab it from the play store. As for the quick setting, there's a mod to download in the op.

Last edited:

miguelcerca

Jun 8, 2010
Loving this rom so far. Just one question, what happened to the news and weather widget?

DMardroid

Apr 15, 2012
Sunny So.Cal.
Build 2 = very solid :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Noticed a little strangeness. Full wipe and installed new version. Reinstalled all my apps. There is no email app or corporate option in the accounts section under settings. Also I only have the option to choose from 4 apps on the lock screen widgets. Was more in the last build.

Saw this too I have the email apk in my pocket tho http://db.tt/rsuuxRFJ Email is inverted tho' :D
Exchange http://db.tt/zoS2jshI
Push to system/app .. Works well for me

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Anyone got a mirror for build 2? Maybe Dropbox? The link keeps failing for me.

Build 2 mirror http://db.tt/U1hWMIdA

HP let me know if you want^ mirror deleted :D

Btw- for those who want Multi DPI play store for v.4.2
Get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34491392

Sorry for the clutter:p

Last edited:

miguelcerca

Jun 8, 2010
Slide/swipe keyboard not working for me. Anyone else? Also, any way to add shortcuts to the "slide" lock screen?
One more thing. First few calls no problem, now all end calls have the com.android.phone stopped working thing happening again.
Oh. And I am using build 2

Last edited:

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC
So far, build 2 running great for me with matr1x 24 cfs non-cm. This is the only 4.2 build where I've been able to setup voicemail, even using Google voice. looks like I'll be running this one for a little while...

Sent from my ns4g using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought we could all use a little more development for our device since it's been a little sparse, lately...so I've decided to do a little work :)

I can't take credit for development of any aspects of this rom....it's simply a KANG with an AOSP base from GreenBlue's gen chat thread found here please thank him for his hard work on the rom and wonderful guide!!!!!

I started with greenblue's vanilla aosp and added a few features from around the forum. Then I created a flashable zip of the complete rom with CWM 6.0.1.9, extracted the archive created, borrowed the META-INF from greenblue's rom, and created a flashable zip in ordinary plain file format, which we are all used to seeing.

Installation:
    back up current rom
    full wipe!!
    flash with cwm
    custom restore just the data partition (ONLY IF USING A PREVIOUS BUILD OF THIS ROM!!!)
    reboot
    **even if coming from a previous build of this rom, it would still be a good idea since there are some underlying changes in the system**

features
    pre-rooted with supersu
    gapps included!
    camera sphere fixed (mod found here)
    notification customized quick settings app (mod found here)
    CM file manager included (I don't know why more devs don't do this...it drives me insane!!)
    search button opens in app search instead of google now. to access google now, hold the search button down (mod found here)
    Notification toggles app (I like this one because you can add multiple widgets to the notification shade and add a shortcut for any app to the widgets)
    matr1x kernel installed (shout-out for mathkid...I'm back! lol)

Changelog:
    build 3
    kernel updated to matr1x 24.5
    zipaligned
    common ad hosts blocked (enabling a 3rd party ad blocking app disables/replaces this!!)
    network tweaked for speed increase
    init.d & sysctl tweaks
    build.prop tweaks
    Gapps updated (12-12-12)
    email and exchange apks included!!!

build 2
    voicemail bug, including the return to call bug in the lockscreen.
    also fixes the phone apk force close issue when you end a call.
    hhis version does not fix the 4g wifi tether bug!
    all additional features from the previous version are present.

build 1
    initial release

What is/is not working:
    you tell me

known issues:
    4g wifi tethering

Download:

build 3
    mirror 1 - http://d-h.st/f2u
    ~ or ~
    mirror 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zqiymi6m0u46os3/sWYQX5Uqxi

build 2
    http://d-h.st/39g

build 1
    http://d-h.st/XUZ

screenshot2012120609500.png
    screenshot2012120609544.png
    screenshot2012120609552.png
    screenshot2012120611184.png

screenshot2012120611185.png
    screenshot2012120611192.png
    screenshot2012120611193.png

Credit:
    grenblue (thanks for the wonderfully stable aosp rom!!)
    mathkid (you're a pimp)
    Koush (without CWM this would have been much more difficult!)
    all devs who created the mods and apps used in this rom
    Build 2 = very solid :thumbup::thumbup:

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Saw this too I have the email apk in my pocket tho http://db.tt/rsuuxRFJ Email is inverted tho' :D
    Exchange http://db.tt/zoS2jshI
    Push to system/app .. Works well for me

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Anyone got a mirror for build 2? Maybe Dropbox? The link keeps failing for me.

Build 2 mirror http://db.tt/U1hWMIdA

HP let me know if you want^ mirror deleted :D

Btw- for those who want Multi DPI play store for v.4.2
    Get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34491392

Sorry for the clutter:p

for the toggles, you can edit them any way you'd like...there's an app in the drawer titled 'notification toggle' you can use for the notification shade toggle, and one titled 'quick settings' to edit the ones like you see in vanilla aosp 4.2 :) this gives you the best of both worlds, I think. there are toggles right in plain sight for regular every day tasks and custom app shortcuts, and then there are more behind the quick settings menu for other tasks you may not perform quite so often. Both menus can be totally customized

You can also use two fingers to pull down notification to go straight to toggle page. I just learned that yesterday

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Can we expect a crespo version?
    TIA

no, not from me. first, I don't have a gsm nexus s so I can't test it. second, you guys get every single rom, and if someone feels like throwing the ns4g users a bone we MIGHT get a port. Sorry, this one's just for the ns4g users.
    :good::good: Thumbs up on including CellBroadcastReceiver. People don't realize they are not getting the emergency broadcast alerts. If you every get a strange garbled text message, you can now decode it.