[Solved, read 3rd page] Failed CWM flash, problems...

Search This thread

Rejwen

May 8, 2011
Hi there! I will try to write about my problem as much as I can.

I'm on stock XWLA4 and CWM 4.0.0.2. I wanted to flash CWM 6.0.1.5 (and CM10 later) but when I push start in odin my laptop give me nice BSOD. Now my Android wont load. I see first screen with device name and later error - phone on the left, pc display on the right and yellow triangle betwen them. Under it a msg:
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.
I can go into Recovery Mode (4.0.0.2) but don't know if it will work good.
When I enter into Download Mode im pressing Continue (Volume up) and I see green Android with "Downloading..." msg under it and next msg under it "Do not turn off target !!" just like usb cable was still plug in(?) but msg on the top of screen tell me its waiting for usb cable.

I tried flash CWM again on my PC (leptop BSOD-ing me all the time in this one case) when I push Start its stuck at:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
I read on web about one fix so I unplug usb cable and plug in, then it start to do smth and stuck at:
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
If I don't unplug and wait for long enought I get this:
<ID:0/003> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
Tried on few usb ports.

I was thinking at beginning about backup with current CWM but I think "Hey, its only CWM, not all rom", then BSOD from my laptop maybe ruin everything x). Hopefully I do a backup with current CWM version. Should I try flash CWM v6 via CWM? I saw version for that.

But guys, what can I do now? :(

Last edited:

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Install kies in your system so that it will update the required drivers, Then flash the Stock ROM and after that you can flash CWM V4...

CM 10 can be flashed through CWM 4 also so no need to flash CWM V6...

Reactions: Rejwen

krobar77

Dec 31, 2010
Recently my phone also having similar problem.. upgrade from Stock 2.3.6 KK5 (with CWM 6.0.1.1) to latest Stock 4.0.4 XLP2.. then I wanted to load CWM..
so I downloaded 6.0.1.5.. stuck at the "<ID:0/005> Firmware update start... <ID:0/005> recovery.img..." for nearly 30 minutes nothing happened.. unplugged it..start again and "Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" came out..

tried several files.. maybe my download was corrupted.. still having problem.. so I flash back stock ICS recovery via ODIN.. and tried CWM 6.0.1.1 and it works!!
I dont know why my phone could not install CWM 6.0.1.5

Last edited:

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
The are some problems with Odin-flashable CWMv6 and TWRP. Flash their zips with older versions.

Sent from my CM10-powered GT-I9103

Rejwen

May 8, 2011
Install kies in your system so that it will update the required drivers
Already done, in other case I could not connect my R to PC :).

Recently my phone also having similar problem.. upgrade from Stock 2.3.6 KK5 (with CWM 6.0.1.1) to latest Stock 4.0.4 XLP2.. then I wanted to load CWM..
so I downloaded 6.0.1.5.. stuck at the "<ID:0/005> Firmware update start... <ID:0/005> recovery.img..." for nearly 30 minutes nothing happened.. unplugged it..start again and "Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" came out..

tried several files.. maybe my download was corrupted.. still having problem.. so I flash back stock ICS recovery via ODIN.. and tried CWM 6.0.1.1 and it works!!
I dont know why my phone could not install CWM 6.0.1.5
Thx for the info :). Could you provide the link to 6.0.1.1? :)

The are some problems with Odin-flashable CWMv6 and TWRP. Flash their zips with older versions.
By older version you mean 6.0.1.1 for example or 5.*?

Last edited:

Rejwen

May 8, 2011
I tried to flash v5 and v4 but also stuck on recovery.img. Only this time a green bar of process move just a little at beginning. "SOS" msg in first square under "Android+SLP" is meaning smth?

And still when I go into Download Mode I see msg:
"Downloading...
Do not turn off target !!"
Is this a right thing if I didn't plug cable yet?

How can I try to fix it in another way? Or only what I can try is flash stock rom and then flash again CWM? But I dont know if my CWM backup I have done yesterday will work now. What if I recover backup later and this situation happen again?

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@

Rejwen

May 8, 2011
Ok guys, I flash stock XWLA4 and its working :). I didn't do any reset/format so could I use rom just like that again? I mean apps would be working good? Now if I want to use Titanum Bacup for some apps, everything gonna be ok later after flash another rom and I restore them from TB? Or install them in normal way and I restore only app's data?

I thought CWM is a separated thing from ROM Oo. I was wondering is it gonna work when I flash rom but not CWM :p.

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Ok guys, I flash stock XWLA4 and its working :). I didn't do any reset/format so could I use rom just like that again? I mean apps would be working good? Now if I want to use Titanum Bacup for some apps, everything gonna be ok later after flash another rom and I restore them from TB? Or install them in normal way and I restore only app's data?

I thought CWM is a separated thing from ROM Oo. I was wondering is it gonna work when I flash rom but not CWM :p.

Great. BTW Have listen about this tool -> [TOOL] APK Batch Installer

Rejwen

May 8, 2011
Thx for this :). But can I chech what apps I want to backup? I need only few (data) + some games (also data) so I think my TB will be enought :). Rest of apps I will install from market. I don't have any apk on my hdd anyway :D.

vbz89

Jan 11, 2012
Bangalore / Singapore
Thx for this :). But can I chech what apps I want to backup? I need only few (data) + some games (also data) so I think my TB will be enought :). Rest of apps I will install from market. I don't have any apk on my hdd anyway :D.

The apk tool backs up all the apps but gives you a choice which apk to restore.. It creates an apk of all the installed apps so that you don't have to download and reinstall all apps

From my CM10.1 powered galaxy R

Rejwen

May 8, 2011
One more question before I try to do smth more like flash CM10 and CWM v6. Is there any reason to use Odin v3.07? Using v1.85 atm.

Top Liked Posts