[APP]SwipePad + Launcher Pro = INFINITY

Search This thread

ricsonham

Dec 11, 2010
Alor Star
First of all, I'm not a developer. I'm just here to show a little trick I found to make your daily usage faster and more convenience. And this is my really first thread, please give me some suggestions to make my thread better, thanks!!

As the title of the thread showed, I'm going to introduce you 2 very famous apps which are SwipePad and Launcher Pro (nope, I'm not asking you to change your launcher, keep read it and you'll know ;p)

In fact, I'm not only here to recommend, but combining functions of the two apps and make it both better!!

If you used to be a Launcher Pro user, you should know there are a very useful shortcut/widget in it, which called Activity. (well, it is shortcut in prior ICS and widget in ICS and JB). With this Activity, you can just add a shortcut to a specific process of an app right to your home screen. Means that you may just go to the activity without entering the app, and click tons of button to reach it. For example, linking the shortcut to the Memory Usage under the Setting section, will bring you to the Ram Usage page with one click.

And here is the trick, I'm a frequent user of Dictionary in my phone. And the YouDao Dict is my most favourite apps, so by using the SwipePad and Activity shortcut of the Launcher Pro, I add a shortcut of the QuickDict Activity(com.youdao.dict.activity.QuickDictActivity) into the SwipePad. And I can access to the dictionary with just a swipe and release, in anywhere!!

Of course, this is just an example of using it, there are a tons of activities under the each application you installed to your phone. Look for the apps you use the most and find a make sense activity that seems useful to you and try it.

And the most important part, the apps is both free and you may just use the functions I mentioned without buying any add-on.

PS: Hit thanks if you find this useful. Thanks:cyclops:

Reactions: iu1nguoi and zhalx

hiandroid

Nov 27, 2012
And... anycut does the same thing... launcher independent...

Sent from my Holiday using Tapatalk 2

anycut is available on play store? Tried searching anycut in play store but could not find it. I am using "direct cut" app which is for creating and organizing direct dial/message and email shortcuts.

Last edited:

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
LauncherPro was abandoned by its developer a year and a half ago. I wouldn't even know what the best Android 2.x style launcher is right now, but I don't particularly care for them. Holo Launcher works on Gingerbread, and I have Nova Prime for when I'm on Jelly Bean. Both do shortcuts. Shortcuts to app activities, contacts, individual settings pages, etc. If you have SoundHound (free, or paid) you can create a shortcut to "ID Now". Don't go into SoundHound, it's in the top-level shortcuts. I just have that, rather than the app, in my music folder. But I think the shortcut thing isn't a launcher feature; I believe it's actually an Android feature. Is that incorrect? Can you not create shortcuts in any Android version's stock launcher, or the mods like TouchWiz, Blur, etc.? In other words, it's not a premium feature, it's just a feature.

ricsonham

Dec 11, 2010
Alor Star
LauncherPro was abandoned by its developer a year and a half ago. I wouldn't even know what the best Android 2.x style launcher is right now, but I don't particularly care for them. Holo Launcher works on Gingerbread, and I have Nova Prime for when I'm on Jelly Bean. Both do shortcuts. Shortcuts to app activities, contacts, individual settings pages, etc. If you have SoundHound (free, or paid) you can create a shortcut to "ID Now". Don't go into SoundHound, it's in the top-level shortcuts. I just have that, rather than the app, in my music folder. But I think the shortcut thing isn't a launcher feature; I believe it's actually an Android feature. Is that incorrect? Can you not create shortcuts in any Android version's stock launcher, or the mods like TouchWiz, Blur, etc.? In other words, it's not a premium feature, it's just a feature.

yeah I put a "ID Now" shortcut in my SwipePad List as well!!
But half of the list of SwipePad are linked to direct call. Haha
No I don't think TouchWiz and Blur has it cause I once uninstall Launcher Pro from my phone and I couldn't find Activities shortcut from anywhere.
Btw, putting Clipper+ on the SwipePad is useful too.. No need to insert my email again and again. Oh ya, neither my home address.

iu1nguoi

Jan 24, 2009
First of all, I'm not a developer. I'm just here to show a little trick I found to make your daily usage faster and more convenience. And this is my really first thread, please give me some suggestions to make my thread better, thanks!!

As the title of the thread showed, I'm going to introduce you 2 very famous apps which are SwipePad and Launcher Pro (nope, I'm not asking you to change your launcher, keep read it and you'll know ;p)

In fact, I'm not only here to recommend, but combining functions of the two apps and make it both better!!

If you used to be a Launcher Pro user, you should know there are a very useful shortcut/widget in it, which called Activity. (well, it is shortcut in prior ICS and widget in ICS and JB). With this Activity, you can just add a shortcut to a specific process of an app right to your home screen. Means that you may just go to the activity without entering the app, and click tons of button to reach it. For example, linking the shortcut to the Memory Usage under the Setting section, will bring you to the Ram Usage page with one click.

And here is the trick, I'm a frequent user of Dictionary in my phone. And the YouDao Dict is my most favourite apps, so by using the SwipePad and Activity shortcut of the Launcher Pro, I add a shortcut of the QuickDict Activity(com.youdao.dict.activity.QuickDictActivity) into the SwipePad. And I can access to the dictionary with just a swipe and release, in anywhere!!

Of course, this is just an example of using it, there are a tons of activities under the each application you installed to your phone. Look for the apps you use the most and find a make sense activity that seems useful to you and try it.

And the most important part, the apps is both free and you may just use the functions I mentioned without buying any add-on.

how do you add the shortcut to SwipePad? I created a shortcut to activity but couldnot find a way to add it to SwipePad

ricsonham

Dec 11, 2010
Alor Star
just swipe to the portal you want and hold until you see it turn orange colour, then choose Shortcuts -> Activities -> and choose whatever activity you want and you're done :)

iu1nguoi

Jan 24, 2009
but there is no activity or shortcut that I created before using launcher. there are just few activities,not as much as I see when use launcher

iu1nguoi

Jan 24, 2009
when I tried to assign portal in Swipepad

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357537898781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357537898781.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 112

iu1nguoi

Jan 24, 2009
i use Adw launcher. I can create shortcut to activity using Adw launcher. However, I cant assign this shortcut to swipepad

ricsonham

Dec 11, 2010
Alor Star
hmm...it's a different "shortcut" we're referring to.
for that i cant help out, coz SwipePad has its own shortcut and not support other launcher's shortcut.

and the shortcut we're talking about is separate thing, which are more specifically named Activities.

Here you go the screenshot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357539706303.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357539706303.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 134

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
I don't see This App SWIPEPAD in Play store :(

anyone else can recommend a similar app

or knows why its no more available in Playstore :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nova and Apex launchers have the activity shortcuts as well.