Australian Galaxy S3 Thread

Search This thread

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
Thanks kamalmawa for clearing that up! I'm pretty sure I have the cache.img as i downloaded the firmware package you provided :)

Also can I flash your modem CWM packages via mobile Odin?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using xda app-developers app

No.... CWM packages only flashable in recovery

My husband & I both have stock standard Samsung Galaxy S3s. My phone has no problems, but my husband's phone has an intermittent fault. When he makes or receives a call, he can hear the other person, but they can not hear him. This may only last a few seconds but his is a business phone so he finds it very frustrating. We are on Optus & the Optus dealer tried a new sim card but it made no difference. Is there some firmware upgrade or other such solution to his problem please? The other difference in our phones is that mine seems to automatically update any new changes whereas his phones seems to have to be attached to a computer & synced. If anyone can help, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Liz Butler.
Type *#1234# in dialer on both your phones and tell me what's in there

I have seen this issue before a change of modem did the trick. Try latest XXDLID modem.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using xda premium

No that issue only occoured when you have older Modem before LFB with newer firmware.. I'm pretty these guys haven't done any modifications to their phones..

Yes it detects the SD

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

What file manager you use ? and where did you look for your external SD ?

Last edited:
Reactions: holdz

shirahmad

Jun 5, 2012
melbourne
Samsung galaxy s3 vodafone au stock rom

hey guys i just bought a new galaxy s3 from vodafone and i rooted my s3, but now i want to unroot it so i can return it due to some defect on the phone, i am new to android and dont know where to find the stock rom for my s3.

Model Number
GT-I9300T

Android version

Baseband version
I9300TDUDLJ2

if any know the stock for vodafone please let me

thanks

t.saddington

Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
hey guys i just bought a new galaxy s3 from vodafone and i rooted my s3, but now i want to unroot it so i can return it due to some defect on the phone, i am new to android and dont know where to find the stock rom for my s3.

Hey, SamMobile have the Voda GT-I9300T firmware :) http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3

Just search for "GT-I9300T" and you will see a few come up, look for the one that says "Australia (Vodafone" and that's the one you want (make sure you get the 4.1.1 version)

Then just flash it with Odin and you should be good!

Last edited:

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
not correct, you can flash the recovery.img file in mobile odin: i've done it a few times and it works as mobile odin accepts img files. so if you have a zip file just extract the recovery.img file and open it in mobile odin.

lol read my comments on last page... I was referring to cwm flashable modem+ril zip... you didn't read my comment & his question properly either..Friday night had too much to drink mate ?. :D

looked in settings, storage. CM file manager or androzip

where did you look for your external SD in CM file manager ? CM file manager won't show your external SD by default.. You need to open CM File manager then click on menu key Settings>General settings under ADVANCED change Access mode to Prompt User mode. Go back till you see your folders and path.Then you should see your path /storage>emulated>0 on top.. click on storage and see if sdcard1 is there which is your external SD... When you open CM file manager next time it will take you straight to home path which is '/' you need to select storage/sdcard1 to access your external SD & storage/emulated/0 to access your internal SD
PS: I personally use OI File Manager from the Play store as it's very close to stock Samsung file manger and very simple...it can easily navigate between your cards with CM10.1

Last edited:

ididnt

Jan 27, 2011
Sydney
lol read my comments on last page... I was referring to cwm flashable modem+ril zip... you didn't read my comment & his question properly either..Friday night had too much to drink mate ?. :D

where did you look for your external SD in CM file manager ? CM file manager won't show your external SD by default.. You need to open CM File manager then click on menu key Settings>General settings under ADVANCED change Access mode to Prompt User mode. Go back till you see your folders and path.Then you should see your path /storage>emulated>0 on top.. click on storage and see if sdcard1 is there which is your external SD... When you open CM file manager next time it will take you straight to home path which is '/' you need to select storage/sdcard1 to access your external SD & storage/emulated/0 to access your internal SD
PS: I personally use OI File Manager from the Play store as it's very close to stock Samsung file manger and very simple...it can easily navigate between your cards with CM10.1

Ok so I can see it...thanks....now what? I want my camera to record to SD..

fatherandroid

Jan 12, 2013
Melbourne
first time rooting

hey all, I've been reading and want to root my Vodafone s3 for the first time.
I haven't unlocked it from the network yet.
it's currently running 4.1.1
can i just follow the instructions for the cf auto root here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957273
I'm cautious because i read something about locked bootloaders and bricking your device.
thanks in advance.
Mark.

fatherandroid

Jan 12, 2013
Melbourne
can i just follow the instructions for the cf auto root here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957273
I'm cautious because i read something about locked bootloaders and bricking your device.
thanks in advance.
Mark.

Am i worrying for nothing?
Is it only the US Verizon model that has a locked bootloader?

shirahmad

Jun 5, 2012
melbourne
Just search for "GT-I9300T" and you will see a few come up, look for the one that says "Australia (Vodafone" and that's the one you want (make sure you get the 4.1.1 version)

Then just flash it with Odin and you should be good!

thanks alot this is helpful for future, luckily i had a nandroid back and i restored from that backup.

thanks again

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

thanks in advance.
Mark.

you can unlock your phone for free just visit vodafones website and search for "Unlock your device" or "handset unlocking"

Reactions: fatherandroid

cokebotle

Mar 14, 2011
Has anyone run into a problem with the gpsd process destroying your battery? I put my phone into airplane mode after charging completely before I went to bed, and about 6.5 hours later my phone beeped at me to plug it in. LINE carried half of that blame for some reason, but still. Worrying! First time it's happened to me, and I haven't installed any apps recently.

It seems restarting my phone has fixed it, but I'm not sure what caused it in the first place. Google Now is disabled, Google Maps doesn't report/save my location and my GPS was off when I slept. :confused:

fatherandroid

Jan 12, 2013
Melbourne
Just follow the instructions you posted for cf auto root. All will be good its so easy to get rooted now:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

thank you for putting my mind at ease. rooted last night with cf autoroot. all went well. now i need to go create a nandroid backup just in case. any suggestions would be great, would like to backup to pc rather than sd card and without installing clockwork.
I'll start searching forums later.
thanks again.

*edit*
installed twrp through goomanager and made a backup.
thanks

Last edited:

tqgia2

Apr 26, 2011
Melbourne
This will be my last Samsung device as well due to lack of support from Samsung for AOSP based ROMs...and too many **ckups like this dead issue & security hole never to mentioned opening contacts, phone & message appps still laggy with ugly crapwiz (aka touchwiz ) like my old S1 compares to HTC sense UI... I'm also planning to get a nexus device as a second phone & a windows phone for daily use ;)

Been out of touch with the thread lately purely because there's just no headway in terms of development for the S3. I am in total agreement with kamalmawa. I loved my S1 and while I don't mind my S3 I feel that there has really been no major developments as there was with my S1, where I could go away for a day and miss out on a tonne of new features... probably thanks to Samsung screwing around with us for sources.

Despite all this I was still loyal to samsung, but now the security bungle and this SDS issue has seriously reduced my faith in them...

Waiting to see what the next gen phones bring before I decide where I head. This phone cost an arm and a leg and will have to last me a long while before I replace it.

Reactions: kamalmawa

ididnt

Jan 27, 2011
Sydney
just showing that there is NO setting on CM10.1's camera to store to sd.
so ..that was a waste of $.
Screenshot_2013-01-14-22-42-43.png

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
Been out of touch with the thread lately purely because there's just no headway in terms of development for the S3. I am in total agreement with kamalmawa. I loved my S1 and while I don't mind my S3 I feel that there has really been no major developments as there was with my S1, where I could go away for a day and miss out on a tonne of new features... probably thanks to Samsung screwing around with us for sources.

Despite all this I was still loyal to samsung, but now the security bungle and this SDS issue has seriously reduced my faith in them...

Waiting to see what the next gen phones bring before I decide where I head. This phone cost an arm and a leg and will have to last me a long while before I replace it.

I might get a Xperia Z when it comes out if it's got a unlockable bootloader.. codeworkx mentioned few times Sony engineers been very helpful to him & other developers..

just showing that there is NO setting on CM10.1's camera to store to sd.
so ..that was a waste of $.
Screenshot_2013-01-14-22-42-43.png

If you searched in CM10.1 nightly discussion thread you would have found your answer.. you can always manually move your stuff to external SD till CM developers add this function

fatherandroid

Jan 12, 2013
Melbourne
was going to download and flash the cm 10.1 nightly through TWRP, but the development thread mentioned i should be on a stock Ics rom or risk losing Wifi. I'm new to all this. any suggestions on a rom or experience with Twrp and/or cm 10.1?

*edit*
was looking at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2076326 by gharrington, it has lots of options and is making my head spin.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CSC Features

here is CWM flashable zips for All Australian firmwares to enable editable home screen dock icons & Gallery full screen Auto rotation

OPS - Optus
    TEL - Telstra
    VAU - Vodafone
    XSA - Unbranded

Just flash them in CWM if you on rooted stock above branded latest ROMs.
    [REF] Galaxy S3 Modem Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

For those of you wishing to easily try out different modems, I've repacked all the modems I could get my hands into CWM & Odin flashable files. Took quite a while.....

[REF] Galaxy S3 Modem Collection (I9300 & I9300T ONLY) CWM & Odin Flashable

Edit: I'll update the collection as newer modems are released ;)

New T-modem added to my modem thread

New T-modem added to my modem thread collection

Download from wuala.

Modem: TDULH1
    Firmware: I9300TDUBLH1
    Region Thailand
    Build date: 01/8/2012

I'll be definately giving it a try, being on a 850MHz network in Thailand. Just hope it's compatible with the latest XXB... ROMs and audio issues are OK etc.

Please post results of testing, some of which are mentioned in the modem thread OP. Cheers :good:

Enjoy :D
    Mate really give over! You don't own this thread if you don't like it don't read it! I am just letting my users aware of updates.

Gharrington I have so much respect for all your work... but please stop spamming this thread. Your users should look at your thread but not here. It is simple what the thread title says "Australian Galaxy S3 thread" it is simple XDA rule.. do not post if it is not related to this thread. Do you see other developers spamming their country threads ? For an example if you post anything not related bug reporting in CM nightly thread under development section your post will be deleted... same goes to CM discussion thread in general section, if it is not related to CM10 stock discussion you will be ask to go to somewhere else. Only reason you haven't got a warning yet is admins aren't watching this thread much..
    And yes he doesn't owm this threas neither do you or me. These are common sense not hard to understand.
    I bet you to go post something like this in one of those threads got more attention from admins and then once some one tell you off and I bet you to tell them the same thing you said here which is he doesn't own the thread...;)

Maybe you will link the nandroid in a post here, or your own thread in General? If it's ok, I would like to place a link to your post in my guide?

Feel free to add the link to your post, I don't think it's worth adding another thread to General.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/v5uedoplgen/n/clockworkmod.zip