Search This thread

bhake

Nov 21, 2009
Houston
I'm not sure if renaming smd, smdexe, or qosmgr would yield any battery saving results especially with the stock kernel. Try renaming them back one by one to see if your awake issue goes away.

I know people are renaming those files on custom kernels, and gsiff_daemon even on stock kernels, but I'm not sure about the others on a stock kernel. The stock kernel ramdisk looks for gsif_daemon, smdexe, and qosmgr to load so maybe it's getting stuck somewhere.

The battery life in getting is actually decent here, just wondering if we can squeeze more. I would be curious what's causing the frequent awake times too. I originally had those files with .bak added coming from another rom. I took those off after your recommendation a few pages back. Which helped... slightly. I have recently gone to the anthrax aggressive undervolt and it's squeezing some more battery life for me. Only other mods (if you call it that) is running that seeder app and media re-scanner app.

For example, light use today...
edy2u2ag.jpg

e6e7yben.jpg

Only app that seems to be running a lot is Google Maps. Do you think it's Google Now running location checks every few minutes? Seems like most phones I've seen running jb with Google Now have this kind of awake times. Could be wrong though. Open to suggestions and really liking this rom. Quality stuff here.

Reactions: freeza

ClevelandWheeler

Sep 8, 2007
Florida
I tried using all three of the anthrax's but my phone would shut down and restart and get stuck on the X screen on everyone...even the no underclock one.:banghead:

Sent from my GSIII on the Blazer ROM LF8 Radio.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
The battery life in getting is actually decent here, just wondering if we can squeeze more. I would be curious what's causing the frequent awake times too. I originally had those files with .bak added coming from another rom. I took those off after your recommendation a few pages back. Which helped... slightly. I have recently gone to the anthrax aggressive undervolt and it's squeezing some more battery life for me. Only other mods (if you call it that) is running that seeder app and media re-scanner app.

For example, light use today...
edy2u2ag.jpg

e6e7yben.jpg

Only app that seems to be running a lot is Google Maps. Do you think it's Google Now running location checks every few minutes? Seems like most phones I've seen running jb with Google Now have this kind of awake times. Could be wrong though. Open to suggestions and really liking this rom. Quality stuff here.

Great. Thanks for the detailed feedback. That battery life looks pretty excellent to me. It's about what I'm getting. I'm curious though, what is the media re-scanner app? Does it force the media scanner service to rescan often to update changes like new music, ringtones, pictures, etc? If so that could trigger a bit of battery drain, but it doesn't appear to be on your most battery intensive apps so it can't be doing much damage at all lol. I'm using the seeder tweak in the ROM as well, so if you're running the app, chances are it could be conflicted with the way I have it, in a script. So you have a few choices:

1. uninstall seeder app.
1. edit /system/etc/init.d/70cputweak and remove all the "rngd" references. There's not that many, I could post up an edited version if you want.
2. delete /system/etc/init.d/70cputweak. It controls how the CPU behaves and attempts to maximuse battery life so if you remove it, you won't have that.

But from what I'm seeing nothing is interfering with anything and your battery life is pretty good! I have frequent awakes as well but no wakelocks. I attribute this to any GPS aware apps such as Google Now, like you mentioned.

bhake

Nov 21, 2009
Houston
1. uninstall seeder app.
1. edit /system/etc/init.d/70cputweak and remove all the "rngd" references. There's not that many, I could post up an edited version if you want.
2. delete /system/etc/init.d/70cputweak. It controls how the CPU behaves and attempts to maximuse battery life so if you remove it, you won't have that.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't see the rngd references in 70cputweak. But if you suggest to delete 70cputweak, is it necessary to edit what's inside it? :confused:

austinbrady

Jan 9, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia
I can confirm that my wife's unrooted GS3 does the same thing.

Edit: There's an app on the play store that fixes this. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=soundabout Lots of comments from GS3 users saying it works.

Bought the app, works like a charm!
Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Updating kernels now, and adding stock kernel with stock splash screen.

I will probably go through and redo android.policy.jar (which is the cause of home key quirks) tonight so we can squash them finally.

As for the bluetooth/headset jack issue. I'm still looking into it to see what can be done ROM side without the need for an app.

That would be great to not need the app, but it works for now.
Thanks for the Awesome Rom!

Reactions: mordbane

wolfeyes30

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Busy weekend. Sorry guys!

will have 2.34d up which should fix vibrate issues with the messaging app as well as the random character being shown on SMS preview in notif bar

I'll be uploading an 'optimized' ktoonz kernel package soon.

In other news, It's pretty sad what people on this forum keeps doing to Chad and his kernels. I don't know about anyone else, but for me and a handful of people that I know personally, they have been the best/only kernels I have ran on this phone without a single problem. Every single custom kernel I have tried on the GS3 has either frozen or randomly rebooted on me. I aggressively test kernels when I install them and run them through the ringer to make sure the stability is up to par, and with the right settings, it is. Everyone may not be able to run aggressively undervolted or even moderately undervolted, but Anthrax is and has been by far the most stable, problem free, battery friendly, and performance enhanced kernel I've used. People that keep trying to cry over his work should be ashamed of themselves. He was ran off of XDA, now, not even being on here anymore, has pretty much been forced to remove his kernels on his own website. There are people who get away with a lot more than him involving this GPL business and I personally have been here since it all started on the EVO 3D. His attempts to follow XDA and GPL rules regarding open source software have all gone unnoticed or flat out ignored. It's pretty sad but at least those close to him can continue to rock the best kernel on this device. That is all.

Well said Freeza. Sad day for sure yesterday. Hope he pulls through from the BS.

Last edited:

bhake

Nov 21, 2009
Houston
1. uninstall seeder app.

Sweet jeebus, did these two above, rebooted, and now performance is off the charts. I was having some lag on waking. This eliminated it, FYI. Overall much better responsiveness. Thanks Freeza!

Will test battery life with this setup and get back to you with any useful information.

ImEVO

Feb 10, 2011
Peoria
Sweet jeebus, did these two above, rebooted, and now performance is off the charts. I was having some lag on waking. This eliminated it, FYI. Overall much better responsiveness. Thanks Freeza!

Will test battery life with this setup and get back to you with any useful information.

What kernel were you having issues with?

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
For me personally I had to delete the one that came pre installed, and install the one that was uploaded by treve 11-22 I believe, it works perfectly
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I tried that but it still didn't work. Which settings did you use?

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Still getting a wakelock :(

Do you use play music? I pinpointed my wake lock from play music. Whenever it got cut out (usually to low signal), it still runs lpaplayer in the background

Last edited by a moderator:

bhake

Nov 21, 2009
Houston
What kernel were you having issues with?

I don't think it was a kernel issue. I had tried both stock and optimized with same (minor) lag issues. It wasn't until freeza pointed out the 70cputweak needed to be deleted, then my phone began operating at full potential. Still running anthrax optimized. So far, really good! Check out his recommendations to me a couple pages back, if you haven't already.

Reactions: ImEVO

r.suchil2

Sep 16, 2012
Sacramento
I tried that but it still didn't work. Which settings did you use?

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Do you use play music? I pinpointed my wake lock from play music. Whenever it got cut out (usually to low signal), it still runs lpaplayer in the background

Yea I use play music. should I delete the app or is there something I can do to fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, welcome to Galaxy S fre3. This ROM is 'Wizless' in that it doesn't have the Samsung launcher or widgets, and tries to remove as much bloatware as possible while maintaining a fully functional ROM.

[size=+1]Thanks:[/size]:
    -Team Win, AlphaRev X, Unrevoked, CyanogenMod team, toastcfh, Shinzul, TrevE, netarchy, dsixda, zeppelinrox, ch33kybutt, Death-M0nk, cayniarb, flipzmode, LiquidSolstice, Mikedick, wildcatswr5, SteelH, kushdeck, Ihtfp69, Team Bamf, aamikam, mwalt2, chad_goodman, JoelZ9614, myn, eyeballer, viperboy, steal25, iconeo, eschelon, Rydah805, Nutzy, Virus, clark44, hockeyfamily737, J.eremy, frosty_ice, Vinchenzop, YACO, dropzeroc, Zanz, runandhide05, Team Nocturnal, Team Epic, closeone, TweetyBear, smokin1337, gruesomewolf, and the entire XDA community especially the modders, themers, and the helpful members. If I forgot you, or you would like to be included in the thanks list just because, shoot me a PM.

[size=+2]ROM Information[/size]:
    Software version MD4 with Android 4.1.2
    Zipaligned
    Hybrid [De]Odexed
    Removed bloat, Samsung launcher/widgets, and Play Store available apps.
    Apex Launcher included
    Camera Shutter sound option
    Included Dev Tools
    Included DSP Manager
    Included AOSP Gallery
    Random apk mods
    ICS style icons/theme
    Included Gingerbread AOSP Clock
    Genie Widget from AOSP
    Uncompressed MMS
    Mod SystemUI for 3g/1x
    Disable signature checking in services.jar
    Mod services.jar to accept ADJ values
    Auto-brightness MOD (Coming soon)
    Unlocked Messaging options galore
    Unlocked Find My Mobile in settings
    Unlocked a bunch of random options
    Auto CPU Scaling and performance based on battery life
    Single core while screen is off.
    Init.d support
    Tweaked out Kernel Ramdisk (eliminates logging whenever possible, etc)
    Tweaks galore (build.prop,init.d)

[size=+2]Known Issues[/size]:
    Known Issues:
    -Ink lockscreen doesn't work yet.
    -AM/PM toggle doesn't work yet.
    -Low light feature on note II camera produces garbled images for now.

[size=+2]Addons[/size]:
    Sprint Visual Voicemail: Download
    Restore AllShare: Coming soon for 2.5
    Restore Kies: Coming soon for 2.5

WIPE DALVIK WHEN INSTALLING
    Add all rotation support: Coming soon for 2.5

[size=+2]Download MD4 Baseband and firmware All-In-One[/size]:
    If you aren't currently updated with the latest Baseband and firmware, grab them here.
    [size=+1]MD4 Baseband modem and firmware AIO. Flash in recovery[/size] | [size=+1]Mirror[/size] | [size=+1]Mirror 2[/size]
    MD4 firmware MD5: EEEAFDBE59CF9C5B492B1A591EC92D02

[size=+2]Download (full ROM)[/size]:
    [size=+1]Galaxy S fre3 2.51[/size] | [size=+1]Mirror[/size]
    Galaxy S fre3 2.51 MD5: A887BA0A898B14E6D5026CBE58CFA078

[size=+2]Download (updates)[/size]: These updates must be flashed on top of a full ROM.
    [size=+1]Galaxy S fre3 2.55 update[/size]
    Galaxy S fre3 2.55 update MD5: 8BDE912A72BE0D101A5A33990B098232

[size=+2]Screenshots[/size]:​
    rom1.png
    rom2.png

rom3.png
    rom4.png

rom5.png
    rom6.png

rom7.png
    rom8.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Galaxy S fre3, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    freeza
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.57
    Stable Release Date: 2013-08-13

Created 2013-08-06
    Last Updated 2013-12-01
    [size=+2]Changelog[/size]:​
    7/20/12-1.6:
    -Completely redone with tons of modifications including but not limited to:
    CRT animation
    Services.jar modifications for removing of logging and enabling ADJ values to be compatible with V6 Supercharger script
    Modified framework.jar for removal of some logging
    ICS icons
    Modified framework-res.apk
    3-in-1 Power menu
    SystemUI mods for quickpanel settings
    Unlocked messaging options galore
    Enable camera while in call
    Enable music player while in call
    Removed 100% battery charged notification
    Removed accuweather logo from lockscreen
    Enabled Folder View for Messaging app
    Enabled Spam/Blacklist for Messaging app
    Enabled native call/messaging block in Settings
    Increased MMS recipient list to 50
    Increased Contact links to 15
    Enabled WiFi priority list (FCs when trying to set it up. Ignore for now)
    Enabled Bluetooth Wideband Speech,Dial-Up Networking, and FTP support (experimental, not sure if working.)
    Kernel now ADBs with root access by default
    and more!
    7/24/12-1.61:
    Tweak CPU scaling slightly to eliminiate lag when turning on the screen. Let me know how it works. I may need to loosen the frequency a bit more.
    Enable dual core always when charging, but back to defaults when on battery.
    Remove "Hot Boot" option as it apparently either doesn't work, or freezes the phone until it works. Besides, it's not a very "graceful" way of shutting down the system. So, I guess it's now considered a 3-in-1 reboot menu. :)
    Renamed the power menu option "Download" to "Download/Odin Mode"
    Updated kernel to support bootanimation.zips
    Added ICS bootanimation
    Added back universal search from LF9
    Default kernel governor is now MSM-DCVS.
    7/28/12-1.7:
    Updated to LG8 files and added back all tweaks, mods, and settings.
    Added back the ability to change WiFi frequency band
    Updated to LG8 kernel
    Added "all rotations" per request (Thanks fergie716)
    Added lock screen rotation support per request (Thanks fergie716)
    Removed CRT animations per request (Vdubtx) and because they didn't properly work with the new surfaceflinger in LG8.
    8/7/12-1.75:
    Added browser debug menu by default.
    Removed ContextAwareService (that is responsible for the headphone/headset icon and popup when inserting one. Also, FCs sometimes)
    Removed mms server settings from messages. Causes server changing randomly. EDIT: Just kidding, it's purely cosmetic.
    Updated 70cputweak to switch back to OnDemand governor as the current "msm-dcvs" governor stays at 1.13GHz almost all of the time, degrading performance slightly but more in benchmarks.
    Added back "hot boot" option, but renamed to "Quick Reboot". It works, just not like I thought it would. This also fixes "Download/Odin Mode"
    Odexed Framework.
    Fixed data roaming issue.
    Enabled long press volume to skip tracks when the screen is off.
    Removed SysScope.apk
    9/10/12-1.8:
    Remove SysScope service. (TrevE/Team Synergy)
    JellyBean Animations.
    Removed ScreenOn when receiving SMS. (option available in messaging preferences)
    Added "display always on" under development settings.
    Added "screen mode" under display settings. (doesn't currently work when changing modes.. missing libs? but it is there)
    Added "quick launch" under display settings. (not sure what it actually does)
    Removed data connectivity lost notification when roaming.
    More services.jar edits from the v6 supercharger thread. (zeppelin indeed ROX)
    Remapped volume keys to be shutter keys in camera app.
    Added up to 10 process limit in Developer options.
    Minor tweaks to 70cputweak in /system/etc/
    10/6/12-1.9:
    Updated kernel and system files to LI3
    Added Swype and VPNClient apps from LI3 update
    Updated Apex Launcher to 1.3.1
    Fixed SystemUI to say Galaxy S III instead of freeza inc.
    A few build.prop edits
    Remove a few more apks from /system/app
    Edited egl.cfg to use hardware rendering
    Removed libGLES_android.so
    Removed EXT4 tweaks, as it was stalling on some installs. Separate flashable to follow (Must be flashed BEFORE ROM).
    11/2/12-2.2:
    Updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean LJ7
    Removed a few more apks from /system/app/
    Removed a few libs from /system/lib/
    Added Android 4.2 gallery and camera
    Added Galaxy Note II gallery and camera
    Added kernel splash screen
    Made device status = normal in settings
    Removed "Cloud" from settings
    Removed "Stock" and "Facebook" from lockscreen options
    Added yahoo news daemon back
    Disabled scrolling cache
    build.prop tweaks
    Added the Galaxy Note II's Popup Browser
    Removed Gingerbread clock
    Raised limit background process limit to 20
    Misc tweaks, mods, and edits.
    12/5/12-2.3
    -Fixed volume keys both lowering volume when screen is off (volume keys to skip still not working)
    -Added aosp lock screen support. Default choices of unlock,camera,and google now. (more coming soon)
    -Added simple widgets back
    -Added clock to the status bar and ability to hide clock/am/pm
    -Added a ton of new settings throughout the ROM (some of them are proof of concept and don't do anything, but will eventually......hopefully!)
    -Misc tweaks
    -Added TrevE's WiFi Tether mod
    -Added Touchwiz AccuWeather app
    -Stopped the kernel from loading gsiff_daemon
    -Updated Apex to 1.3.5
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Google Play Store
    12/14/12-2.33
    Added phone & sms along with weather information to the Jelly Bean lockscreen (Thanks Didact74 for the sms/phone options)
    Slightly changed layout of weather in Jelly Bean lockscreen.
    Fixed Lockscreen Wallpaper issue
    Added PaperArtist
    Updated WiFi Tether app
    Disabled some irrelevant build.prop values
    Updated Google Play Services
    Updated Google Play Store app
    Updated Browser app
    Updated Gallery app
    Added true uncompressed MMS app
    Updated Google Now
    -Added INK lockscreen option (Thanks gruesomewolf/team nocturnal)
    --Introduced one small issue: The clock option in lockscreen settings doesn't seem to be ticked, even though it is active and working. Fix coming in next update.
    12/22/12-2.33a
    -Fixed WiFi tether FC
    -Fixed multiple recipient FC
    -Increased multiple recipient count
    -Increased SMS per hour limit
    12/23/12-2.33b
    -Increased multiple recipient count for MMS
    -Changed MMS to display single pictures in Gallery.
    1/6/13-2.34
    -Removed DSP Manager
    -Removed screenrecorder from SecSettings. (team synergy exclusive)
    -Added a few more edits to the framework. (galaxy s fre3 exclusive)
    -Fixed clock tick issue with lockscreen settings
    -Added & tweaked entropy seeder thingy. Integrated it into 70cputweak which also controls parameters of rngd based on ac/battery/screen state (thanks to lambgx02 for original idea)
    -Added Torch apk.
    -Added ability to toggle camera LED support for the lock screen. (hold down home button)
    -Fixed hide/show clock issue.
    -Fixed ContextAware issue. (removed apk)
    -Added working volume keys to skip tracks while screen is off. (thanks unknownforce/at&t gs3 guys)
    -Updated Apex Launcher to 1.4.0
    -Updated SprintZone
    1/7/13-2.34a
    -Fixed double tap of home key to launch S-Voice if enabled.
    1/8/13-2.34b
    -Fixed best group pose for Note II's camera.
    -Enabled copy & paste in GTalk.
    -Fixed double tap of home key.
    1/9/13-2.34c
    -Added mediascanner patch to skip corrupted files.
    -Fixed voice commands for apps in S-Voice.
    --The above fixes Camera voice commands (smile, cheese, shoot, etc), media player commands (pause, play, next, previous, etc), incoming phone calls, and alarms.
    -Fixed typo in android.policy.jar that could effect voice command/home button behavior
    1/17/13-2.34d
    -Fixed home key double issue that made the home key double tap on a single tap.
    -Fixed strange character appearing on incoming SMS notification.
    -Updated S-Voice. (you can no longer use the "read messages" command, but S-Voice has noticeably less bugs)
    -Updated Apex Launcher to 1.4.2.
    -Kernel Ramdisk mod. (disables loading of smdexe,dttexe, which also fixes logcat error messages and may slightly increase battery life)
    -Made slight mod to GlocalConfig.
    -Made slight mod to 00sysctl. (rngd related)
    -Made slight mod to 70cputweak. (rngd related)
    -Made slight mod to 80tweaks. (rngd related)
    -Made slight mod to init.qcom.post_boot.sh. (rngd related)
    -Updated GmsCore.apk.
    -Updated fonts.
    -Added "Goodies" feature to Settings>About> (give me some time to add some)
    2/13/13-2.34e
    -Updated Google Now
    -Updated Apex Launcher
    -Added toolbox link to smd
    -Added Shutter sounds back so the Shutter option properly works
    2/19/13-2.4beta
    -Updated to 4.1.2 MA6
    2/25/13-2.4beta2
    -Added clock back to SystemUI
    -Added correct kernel
    -Enabled PRL write
    3/1/13-2.41beta3
    -Updated to MB1
    -Removed ContextAware
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Google Play Store
    -Updated SecSettings
    -Odexed framework
    3/8/13-2.41
    -Added GooManager support in build.prop
    -Added GooManager app for OTA updates
    -Fixed Roaming bug
    -Fixed Google Play Services FC
    -Stopped loading of qrngd in kernel ramdisk
    -Added Note II Keyboard
    -Added working WiFi tether (TrevE mod)
    -Added Haveged&RNGD(Crossbreeder&Seeder)
    -Rearranged init.d files
    5/1/13-2.5:
    -Updated to MD4
    -Added "all apps to multiwindow" mod
    -Enabled Water ripple with LIGHT
    -Switched to Superuser by Koush
    -Switched to Nova Launcher
    -Added Google Play Store mod to not automatically upgrade. (Chelpus)
    -Updated Note II camera to include new abilities (select what you want the vol keys to do, etc)
    5/2/13-2.53:
    -Added hotspot mod (thanks crawrj)
    -Added clock back to SystemUI (accidentally included my own SystemUI in 2.5 instead of the one meant for the ROM)
    -Laid foundation for CRT animations. (needs kernel support)
    -Fixed Google apps error by adding unmodified Google Play Store apk.
    -Updated Google Play Services.
    -Added GooManager back in.
    -Fixed Google Now randomly closing.
    5/8/13-2.54:
    -Removed CPU script to eliminate lag.
    -Removed crossbreeder script to eliminate random reboots.
    -Added test GPU build prop settings. (Thanks razz1)
    7/31/13-2.55:
    -Added Emoji IME.
    -Added Android 4.3 Camera/Gallery.
    -Removed GPU test values.
    -Updated Google Now.
    -Updated Google Play Store to 4.2.9.
    -Removed old Talk.apk

[size=+2]Upcoming in the next version:[/size]:​
    -Switch weather on AOSP lockscreen to look more like CM.
    -Mod the jelly bean lock screen SMS option to open whatever messaging app is your default.
    [size=+2]Removed APKs[/size]:​

Code:
    AccuweatherWidget.apk
    AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk
    AllshareDMC.apk
    AllSharePlay.apk
    AllshareService.apk
    BooksTablet.apk
    ChatON.apk
    ContextAwareService.apk
    Dropbox.apk
    Flipboard.apk
    GameHub_2.0_ICS.apk
    Gmail.apk
    GMS_Maps.apk
    Kies.apk
    KiesAir.apk
    kieswifi.apk
    MediaHub.apk
    MH_20_ICS_HHP.apk
    MoreServices.apk
    Music2.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SecLauncher2.apk
    SSuggest.apk
    Street.apk
    Sysscope.apk
    talkback.apk
    TopicWall.apk
    Videos.apk
    VoiceSearch.apk
    vtt-sprint.apk
    Wallet.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.apk
    YahoonewsWidget.apk
    YahoostockDaemon.apk
    YahoostockWidget.apk
    YouTube.apk

[size=+2]Other safe to freeze/remove APKs[/size]:
    TwDVFSApp.apk
    Stk.apk
    SlateTest.apk
    sCloudDataSync.apk
    sCloudDataRelay.apk
    sCloudBackupProvider.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungIME.apk (Make sure you have another keyboard installed)
    SamsungTTS.apk (Make sure you keep GoogleTTS or another Text-To-Voice installed for S-Voice to work properly)
    CapabilityManagerService.apk (Takes away the headphones icon and notification when you plug them in)
    BluetoothTest.apk
    BCService.apk
    DttSupport.apk
    PrivInit.apk
    ShareApp.apk
    MIPErrService.apk
    PreloadInstaller.apk
    EdmSysScopeService.apk
    PhoneErrService.apk
    PopupuiReceiver.apk
    PCWClientS.apk
    SmartDeviceManager.apk
    FWUpgrade.apk
    NfcTest.apk

[size=+2]Original/First boot wallpaper[/size]:
    Original Wallpaper: Splash
    7/31/13-2.55:
    -Added Emoji IME.
    -Added Android 4.3 Camera/Gallery.
    -Removed GPU test values.
    -Updated Google Now.
    -Updated Google Play Store to 4.2.9.
    -Removed old Talk.apk
    Busy weekend. Sorry guys!

will have 2.34d up which should fix vibrate issues with the messaging app as well as the random character being shown on SMS preview in notif bar

I'll be uploading an 'optimized' ktoonz kernel package soon.

In other news, It's pretty sad what people on this forum keeps doing to Chad and his kernels. I don't know about anyone else, but for me and a handful of people that I know personally, they have been the best/only kernels I have ran on this phone without a single problem. Every single custom kernel I have tried on the GS3 has either frozen or randomly rebooted on me. I aggressively test kernels when I install them and run them through the ringer to make sure the stability is up to par, and with the right settings, it is. Everyone may not be able to run aggressively undervolted or even moderately undervolted, but Anthrax is and has been by far the most stable, problem free, battery friendly, and performance enhanced kernel I've used. People that keep trying to cry over his work should be ashamed of themselves. He was ran off of XDA, now, not even being on here anymore, has pretty much been forced to remove his kernels on his own website. There are people who get away with a lot more than him involving this GPL business and I personally have been here since it all started on the EVO 3D. His attempts to follow XDA and GPL rules regarding open source software have all gone unnoticed or flat out ignored. It's pretty sad but at least those close to him can continue to rock the best kernel on this device. That is all.