Beware Of accessories when buying

Search This thread

alienngp

Oct 11, 2011
Laurel, MS
as we all know there are alot of variants of the L9 some with bigger screens and some with smaller some with the cam not in the center and some with beware when you buy accessories as you must be certain nowadays or you waist the money on something that wont work i have seen many cases as i have p769BK some of the cases i like are for the asian japan versions i just noticed this so i thought to let my friends down here at the L9 Forums know about this

Feb 8, 2012
Be especially careful on ebay buying accessories. Many sellers are listing using P769 or Tmobile p769 when the camera cutout is clearly in the corner (for the other varieties). I am envious of some of the nice-looking cases available for the p760. I hope they become availabe for the p769 soon.

Reactions: wwazman

alienngp

Oct 11, 2011
Laurel, MS
yes especially as ive seen alot of that lately thats why i usually by accessories from amazon and a few other places i stick to places i know i can trust read reviews and so on to get the right thing i need its the best for anyone to do if there smart and wanna make sure they dont have to buy something multple times

matthewsjl

Apr 23, 2011
Buy through reliable sources. I just got a setof Great Shield screen protectors - specifically sold for the T-Mobile L9 but are actually for the 4.7" screen size.

Through Amazon, this should be no more than hassle for me.

John.

sjraman79

Jan 17, 2012
Need L9 Tmobile Version P769 Flip case

Is there any good flipcase available in the amazon or ebay for P769, i found couple of them which are P760 which has the camera in the corner and 4.7 inch screen

Please let me know a good case

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for the heads up. This is definitely worthy of a sticky once a mod gets around to setting up forums here.

Yup that reminds me. .. My wife and I bought two phones at the same time and she was able to get a protective cover for both our phones (bless her)! And then I decided to be a cheap-skate and buy a screen protector from e-bay for $1.45 (1.00 for tmoble screen protector and $.45 for shippings). When I got it eventhough it was suppose to be for TMobile it was way too big for my screen. Si I went to TMobile and negotiated $12.00 for two instead of $16.99. And they put it on for me. So just make sure you are aware that if you buy online be ready to let it go! I didn't fret about $1.45 but I would have been pretty upset about a higher priced screen protector!

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
I bought one of these tpu cases for P769 but it's not the same quality as S-Line. Seems stiffer almost like plastic. It flexes. The seam around the edge is sharp and not very comfortable to hold for a long time. Doubt s-line will be made for P769 because of camera location. It's available for the other models. First used S-line case for N4 and it was good. This case has a large cutout for the audio port and top mic. I prefer separate smaller cutouts in s-line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40039525165...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This screen protector fits P769 but needs to be 1mm longer and wider. Junk turns purplish-green camo pattern after application. Last few cheap clear protectors i ordered for samsung and lg are like that. Always bought cheap clear protectors never seen anything like that before. This one also slightly affects brightness and viewing angle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170971889675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Large nylon case i bought for N4 and now use with L9. Looks nice, perfect fit for N4 and P769 but this disposable POS started falling apart after a few days of use. By few days i mean 5 minutes or a few hours a day. Had to reinforce stitches and added a buckle. Hope it will last a few months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181035428225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1566133&d=1355606717

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1566134&d=1355606717

optimusl9

Jan 28, 2013
Cases first. I bought this white hard case for my American P769. Cases looks good but attracts lint in pockets and falls apart when I drop the phone with case on.

Screen protector. I bought this but the protector was too tall for my phone, even though the cutout portions matched the home and front-facing camera. Also, the colors were terrible.

Again, I lament the lack of mainstream accessories available for obscure middle-end smartphones. I wish some company would be courteous enough to design a sturdy, fashionable hard case for the P769.

aarongotgame

Mar 13, 2013
I agree.. but I've found universal screen protectors are best. They are usually way bigger than ur screen and u have to cut it down to size using scissors..

Sent from my LG Optimus L9-P76910g [Rooted] using XDA Premium / Tapatalk

(PM Me Full proof way of exchanging internal and external memory on LG-P76910g Rooted) Many Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as we all know there are alot of variants of the L9 some with bigger screens and some with smaller some with the cam not in the center and some with beware when you buy accessories as you must be certain nowadays or you waist the money on something that wont work i have seen many cases as i have p769BK some of the cases i like are for the asian japan versions i just noticed this so i thought to let my friends down here at the L9 Forums know about this
    Be especially careful on ebay buying accessories. Many sellers are listing using P769 or Tmobile p769 when the camera cutout is clearly in the corner (for the other varieties). I am envious of some of the nice-looking cases available for the p760. I hope they become availabe for the p769 soon.