Any good voice recording apps for recording lectures?

Search This thread

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
I recently switched to an AOSP rom and found that the samsung voice recording app sounds very good. I'm not sure, but i'm guessing it utilizes both mics. The first app from the market i tried, smart voice recorder, sounded horrible. I couldn't hear the lecture at all. Does anyone know of an app that utilizes both the mics or sounds as good as the touchwiz app?

implodingspace

Jan 3, 2011
for general recording I use recforge...i bought pro, you can swap formats, decrease gain It can successfully record vocals during band practice with a loud guitar, so i can find harmonies after if I'm struggling or if a new soong. I highly recommend this app for recording. There are also convert tools and other options

as for lectures, I use lecture notes pro version with lecture note recordings. The recording is not as nice, but good enough and when listening to a play back, i can search, then press a place on my handwritten notes and it will automatically synch the play back to the time when i wrote the notes. I use it with a stylus and it take what i wrote in the window at the bottom and places it on a line in the "paper", it does multi pages, has so many options for tweaking size, font, and way more than I can list here. There is a trial version however the recording add on is purchase only. the lecture notes printed out really nice from phone and tablet or i can share them to google drive, evernote etc. I tried 7 notes and like lecture notes much better with regard to fluency when in a lecture.

and if just a recorder I would go with recforge...HTH!

Kathi

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
for general recording I use recforge...i bought pro, you can swap formats, decrease gain It can successfully record vocals during band practice with a loud guitar, so i can find harmonies after if I'm struggling or if a new soong. I highly recommend this app for recording. There are also convert tools and other options

as for lectures, I use lecture notes pro version with lecture note recordings. The recording is not as nice, but good enough and when listening to a play back, i can search, then press a place on my handwritten notes and it will automatically synch the play back to the time when i wrote the notes. I use it with a stylus and it take what i wrote in the window at the bottom and places it on a line in the "paper", it does multi pages, has so many options for tweaking size, font, and way more than I can list here. There is a trial version however the recording add on is purchase only. the lecture notes printed out really nice from phone and tablet or i can share them to google drive, evernote etc. I tried 7 notes and like lecture notes much better with regard to fluency when in a lecture.

Kathi

i need recording only. doe recforge sound fine when recording a lecture standing about 15 feet away from the professor? I just am kinda looking for something to match the sound quality of the touchwiz app that comes with the phone.

Reactions: martin_mb

implodingspace

Jan 3, 2011
i need recording only. doe recforge sound fine when recording a lecture standing about 15 feet away from the professor? I just am kinda looking for something to match the sound quality of the touchwiz app that comes with the phone.

Def will...there is a free version i believe where options are limited within app for formats mono vs stereo etc but you can check out quality for yourself its my go to recording app for sure...hope you like it or find what you need

Reactions: Smac7

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
Tape-a-Talk Pro. Its unbeatable. It sounds excellent from 30 ft and works fantastic on all of my devices, even my tab that has a pretty bad mic.

Sent from my SIII

Reactions: martin_mb and Smac7

implodingspace

Jan 3, 2011
Never tried that one but will certainly check it out...what kind of options come with that? Do they have a free or trial app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kathi
    Tape-a-Talk Pro. Its unbeatable. It sounds excellent from 30 ft and works fantastic on all of my devices, even my tab that has a pretty bad mic.

Sent from my SIII

Kathi

Def will...there is a free version i believe where options are limited within app for formats mono vs stereo etc but you can check out quality for yourself its my go to recording app for sure...hope you like it or find what you need