[ROM] CyanogenMod 11 [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] [M5]

Search This thread

scidon37

Feb 20, 2011
Re: [ROM] CyanogenMod 10.1 [OFFICIAL]

@jinogungon

Get a USB WiFi adapter, share the internet connection (with NAT) from one WiFi adapter on your laptop to the other WiFi adapter, connect your n7 to the shared WiFi adapter, profit.

By the way, this conversation is going off-topic of development (I know, including my reply) and should probably be brought to the Q&A section for further discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 7

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
So I was syncing the sauce today and I noticed something that i've never seen before

Code:
Fetching projects:   2% (8/354)  From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_grouper
 * [new tag]         cm-10.1-M1 -> cm-10.1-M1

has this hit a milestone already? I'll upload my "UNOFFICIAL DAILY" If anybody wants to give it a test run as soon as my pc is done building it

This ROM is outdated please use the Official CM 10.1-M1 ROM: cm-10.1-20130120-UNOFFICIAL-grouper.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: General_Tso

scidon37

Feb 20, 2011

So I was syncing the sauce today and I noticed something that i've never seen before

Code:
Fetching projects:   2% (8/354)  From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_grouper
 * [new tag]         cm-10.1-M1 -> cm-10.1-M1

has this hit a milestone already? I'll upload my "UNOFFICIAL DAILY" If anybody wants to give it a test run as soon as my pc is done building it

There will be a link here: cm-10.1-20130120-UNOFFICIAL-grouper.zip

I saw a G+ post that they were shooting to release a milestone this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 4

tvisforme

Sep 28, 2010
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 6a

karimaelo

Jul 27, 2010
I have latest nightly I tried connecting my flash memory thru otg it showed storage is detected then disappeared. I tried stick mount from play store it works!! is built in mount not working with latest build!!!

tvisforme

Sep 28, 2010
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 6a

Anyone flash M1?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Flashed it, but not sure if I'll stay with it or go back to the 19th. It seems to have reintroduced the issue I was having with Juicedefender a few nightlies back, wherein JD would close shortly after launch with errors related to permissions. Any idea where the M1 fits with respect to nightlies - does it includes everything up to the 21st or is it selective?

Sent from my Nexus 7

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

Flashed it, but not sure if I'll stay with it or go back to the 19th. It seems to have reintroduced the issue I was having with Juicedefender a few nightlies back, wherein JD would close shortly after launch with errors related to permissions. Any idea where the M1 fits with respect to nightlies - does it includes everything up to the 21st or is it selective?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I believe that the M1 is selective, otherwise it would just be another nightly.

Liking it! - Looking forward to the next nightlies & AOKP roms. :p

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com

I believe that the M1 is selective, otherwise it would just be another nightly.

Liking it! - Looking forward to the next nightlies & AOKP roms. :p

Not selective (err kind of). Includes everything before 21st. What differentiates it is the code freeze before its release in the recent nightlies. Only bugfixes.

The nightly on 21st includes many merges not bugfixes that were submitted during the code freeze period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

Not selective (err kind of). Includes everything before 21st. What differentiates it is the code freeze before its release in the recent nightlies. Only bugfixes.

The nightly on 21st includes many merges not bugfixes that were submitted during the code freeze period.

"Blocking new features in order to stabilize", sounds like it's being selective - tomato, tomAto;)

adstraylight

May 17, 2010
Seems to be a house keeping measure designed to fix everything extant before proceeding with development - very sensible imo.

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com

"Blocking new features in order to stabilize", sounds like it's being selective - tomato, tomAto;)

Heeeeee why i said kind of.
Tvisforme asked if include everything before or selective so i guess the answer is both :p
Aye tomatoes :)

Reactions: shaggyskunk

eak1080

Aug 5, 2011
M Release

Guys the "M" releases freeze the code in the sense that no new features are implemented but all of the existing code and features still receive bug-fixes and finalization. The M releases are "stable" for the existing code/features.

As most of us know Nightlies are the way to stay on the bleeding edge with all the new things the CM team offers. So for 90% of you, Keep On Flashing:D

Btw I was bored and reworked the OP to clean it up a bit/added a few links.

This Has come a long way in few months from the release of 4.2, props to everyone who makes this possible.

CharliesTheMan

Guys the "M" releases freeze the code in the sense that no new features are implemented but all of the existing code and features still receive bug-fixes and finalization. The M releases are "stable" for the existing code/features.

As most of us know Nightlies are the way to stay on the bleeding edge with all the new things the CM team offers. So for 90% of you, Keep On Flashing:D

Btw I was bored and reworked the OP to clean it up a bit/added a few links.

This Has come a long way in few months from the release of 4.2, props to everyone who makes this possible.

I haven't posted a lot in this thread because there's so many really knowledgeable users answering questions that usually before I read a question or comment it's been answered.

I just wanted to say thanks for keeping the thread and all you do with the nightlies. My Nexus 7 is just for crack flashing and I've been keeping up pretty well lol. The OP looks great since you reworked it, thanks again :D

Reactions: eak1080

vulpine

Apr 25, 2010
Should I do a full wipe before I install a CM Nightly or CM 'M' version??
I'm on jan 15 CM nightly and want to install the latest one.
Thanks for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat

428436.jpg

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features
    * included in this ROM before flashing it!
    */

Nexus 7 3G Thread

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download 11 Nightlies from: GET.CM

Download M5 LINK

2. Download GAPPS from: LINK

I would use BANKS GAPPS

3. Place on SD card(internal storage)
    4. Reboot to recovery, Install XXX-grouper.zip, Install gapps.zip
    5. Reboot and enjoy :D

Changelog

If you want to know the bleeding edge of what is being worked on/Merged

1. Nexus 7 Gerrit
    3. CM Google+

UPDATES

1. CM 11 M5 is rock solid

2. Third party kernels are not supported by CM, try them out but YMMV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lets try and keep this thread clean. Please use search, there is no need for the same question being asked and answered every few pages.
    @shaggyskunk
    But you still haven't read the source code for it have you? I don't think you'll find anybody that understands c/c++ well that will read the code and say it is great. It compiles, and it seems to work. But it is not the quality of code I would trust a device that costs hundreds of dollars to.

At this point both CWM and TWRP boil down to some kind of GUI that drives some basic command line utilities such as tar and dd for backup and use primarily AOSP code for installing zips. The hard part is coming up with the correct commands for wiping and backup/restore. It's hardly rocket science. Neither should scare you. Writing code is an art, not a science. Maybe I don't follow all the standard naming conventions or use all of the preferred methods for C/C++ but that doesn't make it poor code and we're continually improving our code base.

Personally the only thing that scares me about recovery are the builds of CWM that random people build using koush's web-based recovery builder. You have people that know nothing about compiling, source code, or recovery using it and sometimes the results can be pretty non-functional.

TWRP is fully open source, so if there's something that you don't like you can download the source, change it, and submit your changes upstream. TWRP is technically not supported by the CM team, but that doesn't make it a bad recovery and if you need recovery-related support then you can certainly come to us. Thanks to landstander I actually have a Nexus 7 in my hand that I can use as a testbed to troubleshoot issues.

Now, I have no idea why this thread turned into a discussion of what recovery is better when the discussion in this thread should be focused on CM10.1. I would suggest that people get back to discussing the ROM and not the various recoveries that are available.
    01/01/2013 Nightly: http://www.mediafire.com/?tqt0wccocgx7d0g

a5c11c07cebe711901e8ca177f885571 cm-10.1-20130101-NIGHTLY-grouper.zip

Feel free to mirror.

Took longer than I thought as usually I upload to goo.im, but I had some problems with that today.
    Hi,
    Not getting Facebook notifications or chat heads?
    Any ideas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Get more friends? I dunno...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I wondered why i get no cm11 m11 update.

If there is no maintainer, why is there a new nightly available?
    Grouper M builds have to be approved by me at the moment. I was on vacation during the M11 and M10 approval time period so I couldn't do that.
    I have no plans to miss this month's M build.