[ROM] Enhanced236 - stock 2.3.6 (06.08.2012 update)

Search This thread

Harbalest

Apr 4, 2012
Napoli
Hi..... Sometimes When i use camera, i got a white lines on the screen....And when i watcha video, i got black lines on screen...How can i fix this problem ?

s!mon

Feb 29, 2012
I tried to install this rom, was previously using cm7.2, but after I installed it through cwm I only see an empty screen, nothing happens, can someone explain why is it so and what I might have done wrong???

I tried to install this rom, was previously using cm7.2, but after I installed it through cwm I only see an empty screen, nothing happens, can someone explain why is it so and what I might have done wrong???

You have to wipe data / cache / dalvick cache. If this doesnt help go to advanced and format /system /data /cache . After that flash again this rom. After flashing is done wipe data and cache and dalvick cache and reboot.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

s!mon

Feb 29, 2012
You have to wipe data / cache / dalvick cache. If this doesnt help go to advanced and format /system /data /cache . After that flash again this rom. After flashing is done wipe data and cache and dalvick cache and reboot.

I did wipe data/cache/dalvick through cwm before installing the zip file, it wipes all and fomat the sd card.

I can't see system/data/cache in cwm 5.x.x.x. it has only wipe dalvick, and battery stats.

I have done this now several times, I can reinstall cm 7.2 but I can't go to this and it bugs me,

Can I flash it with Odin?

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer

be_born

Aug 2, 2011
Horda
It sure is good & solid, really really stable yet highly customizable... but the MoltenMotherBoard teams port of AOSP ICS is really promising... i haven't found any serious bugs yet :)

ga8r13llitt05

Aug 26, 2012
giurgiu
for coccolino_dbro
maybe you could do a lot for our gio ...
for example: with holo louncher, jb theme, holo locker and some other apk, this rom might look like Jellybean, and be more stable and smoother than other ROMs.
I'm so noob, but I know you can do it:good:

SkyrimBee

Jul 15, 2012
for coccolino_dbro
maybe you could do a lot for our gio ...
for example: with holo louncher, jb theme, holo locker and some other apk, this rom might look like Jellybean, and be more stable and smoother than other ROMs.
I'm so noob, but I know you can do it:good:

Take a look on OldDroids CM10.1
Gio is powerful enough for REAL JB. It doesnt need GB....
:D

SkyrimBee

Jul 15, 2012
it's your opinion
i heav'it jb from oldroid, but realy, it's laggy, battery drain faster, and big consumption ram.
better with gb.
for me

Dude we both have the SAME device! :D I dont know what you're doing wrong. Maybe using Facebook, Music, SMS, Gallery, Twitter and YouTube at the same time? :DD Then it's logically laggy but the gio isn't constructed for this use. :D
Thrust me i did the same mistakes when i was a "n00b" :D

Btw, install Supercharger for (signifigant) better performance! :) You dont need a task killer, it will mess up the tasks.

amirfida

Jul 15, 2011
Dude we both have the SAME device! :D I dont know what you're doing wrong. Maybe using Facebook, Music, SMS, Gallery, Twitter and YouTube at the same time? :DD Then it's logically laggy but the gio isn't constructed for this use. :D
Thrust me i did the same mistakes when i was a "n00b" :D

Btw, install Supercharger for (signifigant) better performance! :) You dont need a task killer, it will mess up the tasks.

Can you give me a link to supercharger ??

abdullahaftab

Jul 9, 2010
it's your opinion
i heav'it jb from oldDroid, but realy, it's laggy, battery drain faster, and big consumption ram.
better with gb.
for me
Jb has many disadvantages in our gio
It Consumes a lot of ram
Drains batteryf ar faster than Gb

R U using Jb?? what is the battery time u are getting???

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

This is based on stock 2.3.6 so the battery time will also be the same ???? I need a ROM with good battery time. Currently I am using CM7.2 Democracy and it gives me battery time of less than 2 days. Plzz tell me the battery time of this ROM and other ROMs with best battery time!

ga8r13llitt05

Aug 26, 2012
giurgiu
i have jb from oldDroid, it's ...ok, but, realy, gb it's the best, smooth and have a good life battery for our lovely gio.
i using right now enhanced 2.3.6, with holo louncher, holo locker, jb theme, int2ext4+
it is verry smooooooooooooth,
i've tried all rom's, macklaw's rom, jellaxy, ...all
but this it's the best
sorry for my bad english

SkyrimBee

Jul 15, 2012
Can you give me a link to supercharger ??

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
Now it's your turn. ^^

Jb has many disadvantages in our gio
It Consumes a lot of ram
Drains batteryf ar faster than Gb

R U using Jb?? what is the battery time u are getting???

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

This is based on stock 2.3.6 so the battery time will also be the same ???? I need a ROM with good battery time. Currently I am using CM7.2 Democracy and it gives me battery time of less than 2 days. Plzz tell me the battery time of this ROM and other ROMs with best battery time!

Dude, i use cm10.1 on my Gio. For sure, i have to charge it every night but it is NO disadvantage. Why don't u let it charge over night? My battery lasts over the day.
Normally i turn off mobile data, Wifi, Sync, etc for better battery. Sure, this could be a disadvantage but i accept this cuz i get JB features which i dont want to miss anymore.

ga8r13llitt05

Aug 26, 2012
giurgiu
trying to put a truck engine on the body of a Trabant.
This compares with jb in gio
u think i don't want what it's the best for my lovely smartphone?
in last 8 month's, i've change my rom almost daily searching for the best
and this is it

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer
trying to put a truck engine on the body of a Trabant.
This compares with jb in gio
u think i don't want what it's the best for my lovely smartphone?
in last 8 month's, i've change my rom almost daily searching for the best
and this is it

Changing rom daily is like going to the garage every week and get it repaired, to stay in the car-like thingy. And that aint good neither.

Reactions: SkyrimBee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    enhanced236.png

STATUS UPDATE​
    25.09.2012: The development of this ROM has been stopped, due to lack of time and replacement of my Gio as primary phone by a newly aquired HTC Desire. The topic will be kept open, I may answer questions in the future. Thanks!

Main Features

• uses AROMA Installer. Aroma Filemanager included (mount partitions in CWM beforehand)
    • Phiexz kernel 20120607 - supports ext4, swap, overclocking etc.
    • ext4 format
    • deodexed and zipaligned (+ zipalign on boot script)
    • 20 toggles in notification panel (media controls work with most players, except the stock one) *
    • 7 lockscreens *
    • lockscreen gestures support (only for Cyanogen ones)
    • swipe to remove notification
    • battery bar on statusbar *
    • statusbar battery icon tweaks *
    • statusbar clock icon tweaks *
    • power menu modifications
    • touch keys tweaks (backlight and haptic feedback) *
    • logcat saving feature *
    • windows animations speed settings *
    • native SIP client enabled
    • camera sound follows system settings
    • smooth scroll in applications
    • skin changing option in mms application
    • unlimited contacts in SMS send to field
    • sent time display for sms/mms after no network signal (instead of received time)
    • no sms/mms in call logs
    • sms converts to mms after 7 parts, not 4
    • BLN working with stock SMS application
    • enabled list view in app launcher
    • TouchWiz launcher settings (app arrangement, animation effect, color depth etc.)
    • share application option in TouchWiz launcher
    • long press volume keys with phone locked to change track in music player (most players, except stock one)
    • browser mods: 8 tabs, text size setting, debug enable setting, User agent choice setting
    • camera mods: use camera/camcorder on low battery, during call and during playing music with default music app
    • no sound & screen light when charging is complete
    • no display dimming function on low battery
    • minimal graphic modifications (CRT screen off animation, ICS animations, default smileys changed, some lockscreen text edits)
    • + maybe a few more mods I forgot about

* customise these features in Settings - ROM features​

Disclaimer
    Although this ROM has been tested extensively, you use this on your own risk.

This ROM does not come with any warranties, implied or otherwise; developer can not be blamed if something goes wrong, be it software or hardware, during the installation process or during usage of this ROM.

Credits and thanks
    Phiexz (kernel)
    Delanoister (kernel)
    hyriand (partitions info & basic how-to stuff + first CWM for Gio)
    hansip87 (swipe to remove notifications tutorial)
    pvyParts (battery bar)
    untermensch + CM7 developers (power menu modifications info)
    lidroid (statusbar toggles + cyanogen lockscreens)
    Romanbb (EDT-based statusbar tweaks)
    pratyush.creed (6 lockscreens tutorial, some touchwiz mods info)
    zcop (good modding guides & files)
    XiproX (bootanimation inspiration + starting point)
    montymintypie (sms tweaks info)
    jeboo (more sms app tweaking info)
    AndroidON (smooth scroll)
    amarullz (AROMA Installer)
    one_love_420 & loSconosciuto (merged info on apk signature verification)
    ImbaWind (Adrenaline engine)
    intronauta (some browser mods info)
    etc...

Download & Changelog

Version 06.08.2012
    MD5: d918e1808752b5c6ce7900e3b46b8044

Previous versions

Changelog

added 4 more toggles in notification area (1 Sleep button, and 3 media control buttons - these work with most music players except stock Samsung player)
    added long-press volume keys to change track (works with most music players except stock Samsung player)
    added skin option in mms app
    launcher mod: added Share App option
    launcher mod: added settings menu
    updated Battery Bar height settings
    updated Aroma Installer
    added Aroma File Manager in instalation process (mount partitions in CWM beforehand)
    fixed issue with optional display dimming file
    optional during installation: Adrenaline Engine
    optional during installation: Adobe Flash Player

added 6 Cyanogen lockscreens with gestures support
    added statusbar clock & battery icon tweaks
    added Flashlight (white screen) toggle
    improved swipe to remove notifications
    added new options in ROM Features app
    ROM features rearranged
    CM lockscreens layout improved
    removed system apps signature verification (you can resign system apps without problems, no need to resign the entire ROM now)
    launcher mod: auto arrange alphabetically
    fixed Google Street installed even if deselected
    fixed Google Talk missing issue
    fixed issue with network locations not working if Google Maps not installed
    removed redundant CSC related files
    all apps updated

changed default kernel to Phiexz 20120607
    added network mode toggle (2G only/3G only/2G-3G)
    added more XT9 languages for Samsung keyboard
    added a new optional bootanimation with enhanced236 text
    ROM Mods settings renamed to ROM Features and options cleaned a bit
    added touch keys backlight option in Settings - ROM Features - Touch keys options (grant root when asked)
    added touch keys haptic feedback option in Settings - ROM Features - Touch keys options (grant root when asked)
    added Logcat saving option in Settings - ROM Features
    browser mod: open up to 8 tabs
    browser mod: added text size setting
    browser mod: added option to select User Agent
    browser mod: added option to enable Debug menus
    camera app mod: snap photo/record video even with low battery
    camera app mod: snap photo/record video while on call
    camera app mod: snap photo/record video while in music player
    removed sound & screen light when charging is complete
    removed display dimming function on low battery
    removed Talkback application
    all apps updated
    optional during installation: compact carrier label on statusbar pulldown

fixed contacts application lag
    fixed Google Play download errors
    fixed usb tethering
    changed default kernel to CF-Root port by Delanoister
    changed default lockscreen to AOSP slider lockscreen
    changed default battery bar location below statusbar
    changed bootanimation
    using AROMA installer
    some new features in ROM Mods Settings
    added some build.prop tweaks
    added Phiexz kernel 20120607 as optional in AROMA Installer
    removed some of the stock Samsung apps
    removed PDroid patch (was causing bugs)
    updated Google Play, Maps and SuperSU to latest versions​

changed filesystem to ext4
    changed install method - cwm zip
    changed kernel to Phiexz 2.1
    replaced Superuser with SuperSU​

Updates & Add-ons
    Update (works for any version). Add more options in launcher settings, like: background color and transparency, application arrangement and numbers, color depth, animation setting: TouchWiz Launcher mods & settings app.​

Update for 24.07.2012 version. Fixes the Force Close issue when selecting Gestures sensitivity for lockscreens in ROM Features. ONLY if you have this problem, download and install this zip file in Clockwork Mod: Lockscreen gestures sensitivity FC fix. OBSOLETE
    XT9 extra languages for Samsung Keyboard. Includes more than 10 extra input languages, like Italian, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Lithuanian, Norwegian etc. Flash in CWM.

DOWNLOAD OBSOLETE

Update for 09.06.2012 version. New options added in ROM Mods Settings application: touch keys backlight and haptic feedback options and logcat saving feature. Flash in CWM the version corresponding to the kernel you are using (if you use the CF-Root kernel, flash the first zip, if you use Phiexz kernel, flash the second).

ROMModsSettings app for CF-Root kernel OBSOLETE
    ROMModsSettings app for Phiexz kernel OBSOLETE

Q&A, Troubleshooting

1. During music playback, I get sound skipping, crackling and overall bad sound quality.
    That's because both kernels included have a default minimum CPU frequency set too low to handle smooth media playback. I have no control over that, but there's a solution: go to No-Frills CPU Control, chose minimum frequency 245MHz and set it to apply on every boot.

2. Statusbar battery icon doesn't hide/show when I toggle its checkbox
    It will toggle, just only after a status change (level increase/decrease, connect/deconnect charger or usb cable etc.)

3. Why doesn't includes Adrenaline engine?
    UPDATE: well, now it's included but only as optional during installation. Motivations below still apply.

Mainly for two reasons: I can't support Adrenaline engine, because I don't know what it does and how it does it, so in case of bugs, wouldn't know what to do. Secondly, I see no reason to have it preinstalled as I see it has a real easy way to install (just a zip flash), and so it can be easily installed by the end user.

4. What about apps-on-sdcard type scripts?
    Same as above, I can't support problems they might induce.
    There are more options anyway, and each should use his personal favorite. To name just a few:
    Mount2SD. Some users reported to have obtained best results with this, gained a lot of free space on the phone's memory, and overall being better than other scripts
    Link2SD. This has a real easy method to setup, all you need to do is to partition the SD-Card with an extra partition (many file formats supported) and install the apk. It will take care of the rest by itself.

5. Can you theme the ROM this way or this other way?
    Keeping the ROM as much as possible stock is a personal preference, and I don't think I'm going to theme it. The biggest liberty I took in regard of looks was to change the boot animation, and that's mainly because i couldn't find a stock boot animation in zip format, as custom kernels don't support the original boot animation file format.
    Second, theming doesn't please the larger part of the user base; some like one theme, some like other theme, but I reckon most just like it as it is and just want more features.

Screenshots

27410515.png

device20120817010631.png

device20120817010901.png

Toggles list

device20120817010524.png

Lockscreens

locks.gif
    Madelgijs, I tried 3.1, but unfortunately, does not work on stock rom; looking into the zip, there are no kernel modules present, no wifi drivers... maybe he forgot them and that's why it doesn't work.

How did u add screenshoot in power menu?

I used the smali files responsible for the screenshot function from a cyanogen rom, called from a new option in the menu (copied one of the existing option with a few edits).
    How can I improve the battery:(

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium

hold power button for 2 secs and select "power off"

I did this and ot is true, battery life increased 1000%
    didmissed a call though
    The development is really stopped. So sad. It's one of the smoothest and quickest ROM for Gio imho

All good things come to an end eventually ;) I'm still having the Gio, but not enough time and interest atm...

Can you please tell me how can I edit toggle status bar mod? (for a ROM where Flash button gives me FC :) )

You need to modify the androidmanifest of systemui as the original guide mentions (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1289896) and then there are 2 options:

1. resign all system apk with the same key

or

2. remove the signature verification from your services.jar (you can then modify manifests of all apk without needing same signature for every one). Decompile services.jar, open the packagemanagerservice.smali file and replace the method checkSignaturesLP with this one:

Code:
    .method checkSignaturesLP([Landroid/content/pm/Signature;[Landroid/content/pm/Signature;)I
        .registers 10
        .parameter "s1"
        .parameter "s2"

.prologue
        .line 1929
        const/4 v6, 0x0

return v6
    .end method
    Thanks

Btw can you add links yo the original sources of most stuff ? Mighht be helpfull lol

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Most complex mods are put together by bits and pieces from various posts (like swype to remove, original tutorial wasn't working as is, and some edits were required; or original 14 toggles included flashlight - not working on Gio, so I modified it for wifi hotspot instead). I'll dig through my bookmarks though to post some links...or maybe provide the edited files with modifications highlighted?

Does it include italian language? I'm very interested

Inviato dal mio GT-S5660 con Tapatalk 2

Yes.

why RFS? ext4 is better..
    why ODIN? flashable zips are easier to use, modify..
    you used the swipe to remove from ace or did it yourself, cuz I use the one from ace but its a bit buggy, is yours too?

RFS is just a starting point...wanted to have the rom completely bugless before moving to more advanced things. Ext4 and flashable zip are in project.
    For swype to remove notification see above...ported using different sources, no bugs whatsoever with it.