[HELP & SUPPORT] Xperia Ultimate HD

Search This thread

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Ok.
So I installed Xperia uHD some time back but there some issues.
Obviously the wifi was the main bug, installed the stock modeule and everything was fine.

Then I noticed that setting your own wallpaper was a real disappointment. It crops the image and ruins even the most beautiful ones. The stock ICS did a better job of being able to select an entire 480x854 image for the wallpaper.

Anyway to get that back? :confused:

Plus the ROM is pretty good, more RAM and faster performance. And no more junk apps + bloatware. :good:

pentium1061

Nov 4, 2008
Bangalore, India
Re: [ Q&A ] » Xperia Ultimate HD™ «

Ok.
So I installed Xperia uHD some time back but there some issues.
Obviously the wifi was the main bug, installed the stock modeule and everything was fine.

Then I noticed that setting your own wallpaper was a real disappointment. It crops the image and ruins even the most beautiful ones. The stock ICS did a better job of being able to select an entire 480x854 image for the wallpaper.

Anyway to get that back? :confused:

Plus the ROM is pretty good, more RAM and faster performance. And no more junk apps + bloatware. :good:

U can use wallpaper wizardii app to crop wallpapers...its free ...

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

goldenrealm

Jan 22, 2013
Bluetooth sharing

Hi there, just want to ask if its normal for the albums, astro file manager does not have an options to share pictures or files via bluetooth? the device still can detect other device and the other device still can detect the device but when the other device want to send files, the device does not respond like it was nothing at all,

The phone : Xperia Ray
Rom version : Xperia Ultimate HD 2.0.3

Thanks in advance

pentium1061

Nov 4, 2008
Bangalore, India

I thought the zip needed to be flashed through cwm, the translated guide said so. Ok, so i'll just copy them to my memory card then i guess.

The OTA 2.01 update was downloaded but system said it needed to be flashed though, and that is a problem since I can't get into recovery mode.

Big thanks for the replies.

Install cwm using xparts

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

TopperBG

Oct 17, 2012
Bulgaria
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi there, just want to ask if its normal for the albums, astro file manager does not have an options to share pictures or files via bluetooth? the device still can detect other device and the other device still can detect the device but when the other device want to send files, the device does not respond like it was nothing at all,

The phone : Xperia Ray
Rom version : Xperia Ultimate HD 2.0.3

Thanks in advance
Unzip bluetooth.apk from the zip of HD 2.0.3 and place it in /system/app. Don't forgot to fix permissions and reboot.

Reactions: goldenrealm

CN_Ricky

May 20, 2011
Unzip bluetooth.apk from the zip of HD 2.0.3 and place it in /system/app. Don't forgot to fix permissions and reboot.

wonderful! Will I get rid of bluetooth rebooting by replace bluetooth.apk?
I did all wipe before install uHD, but I found I can't use bluetooth now. If I turn it on, the phone will reboot in a loop. I'm sure I can use bluetooth after I flashed uHD, I sent a file to someone by bluetooth. I just didn't know when and why it doesn't work suddenly.

Retrosid

Mar 30, 2011
I faced a strange issue the last couple days.
I can't access play store. Every time I open the application I get the "no connection" message.
I tried resetting the time, wipe apk cache, wipe all phone's cache, wipe dalvik cache but nothing. Any info?

Arne-Jaeger

Mar 25, 2012
AW: [ Q&A ] » Xperia Ultimate HD™ «

I can't access play store. Every time I open the application I get the "no connection" message.
I tried resetting the time, wipe apk cache, wipe all phone's cache, wipe dalvik cache but nothing. Any info?

Try deleting the App Data via Settings->Apps->All->Google Play Store
then reboot.

Arne

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

AndriyeZ

Jul 24, 2012
Surabaya

I just excited with DSP Manager from cyanogen....somebody please tell me how too push that music mod to this ICS room??

Sent from my LT18i

danyal241

Sep 18, 2012

Did you delete gmail app by any chance or disable it... ?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Arc (LT15i ) // Unlocked Bootloader

Step by Step Flashing a Custom Rom, from Stock /w auto rooting

For Arc (lt15i) // Unlocked BL | For locked bootloader, try this : Tesla's Guide

You can use this guide, on any custom rom.
    I'm using Ultimate HD 3.0.2 when build this guide.

For who kinda new of using flashtool or installing / flashing and rooting a rom.

*note for autorooting : The term 'autorooting' i used here mean that your device will automatically rooted, so you don't have to use the root tool/guide again to have root. This is because the cusrom i used on this guide (uhd 3.0.2) is pre-rooted . Which mean, u only just install the cutom kernel, than ur deviced is rooted.

Preparation
    . Copy your custom rom.zip to your sd card ( ex: UHD 3.0.2.zip )
    . Copy your custom kernel wifi modules.zip to your sd card ( ex: modules.zip )
    *you can get the modules, from the custom kernel thread you use
    *some kernel ex: Lupus v11 up , doesn't need separate modules zip, as it's integrate (inside) with the kernel
    . I'm using Flashtool 0.9.9.0 *be aware that some user have problems bootloop with different version
    . Download recommended base rom (ICS) => LT18i_4.1.B.0.587_(1254-2716).zip : dev-host
    *It's stock firmware of 4.1.B.0.587 for Arc S, i used it to increase system partition memory from 380mb to 420mb.
    *It's very recommended to use this firmware, if you're gonna using UHD 3.02, coz the rom need a lot of space in system partition, and lot of arc user have problems installing the rom if using LT15i firmware.

A. Back to official rom (unrooted).
    ========================

. Open flashtool, then click flash button (lighting icon). Choose Flashmode then ok.
    . Select LT18i_4.1.B.0.587_(1254-2716) // wipe data , cache, apps log is checked // All exclude, unchecked // No final verification checked then click ok
    . After a notification to plugin ur device pop up, connect ur phone (with power is off) while pressing the back key
    (it's the left one, not the right one.. the picture on the flashtool is using different device).
    . If ur doing right, the led phone will turn green and it will automatically flashing the phone
    . After finish 100%, unplugged ur phone.
    . Don't turn on the phone yet... let straight to step B

B. Install custom kernel
    ========================

. With phone still power off, connect ur phone to pc, but with holding the menu key now (the right one).
    . If ur doing right, the led phone will turn blue and in the flashtool screen you will see that ur phone is in fastboot mode ( this is the mode u will often use if u wanna change different custom kernel).
    . Click flash button (lighting icon). Choose fastboot then ok. A menu will pop up, choose 'Select kernel to Flash'
    . Open ur desire custom kernel (file with this extension -> *.elf / *.img / *.sin ).
    . It will automatically install after u choose to open it.
    . Close it after finish

note :
    . Choose kernel that have recovery mode on it. ex: CWM (Clockwork Mod) or TWRP. (Mostly user is familiar with CWM)
    . In my case, i'm using Vengeance [ARC/S/PRO][1.32] kernel now. I choose Anzu, because my device is Arc. Also don't forget to download modules.zip, it's for wifi.
    . There are many good kernel available for arc/s user like Lupus, Rush, Adv. Stock Kernel, etc, choose what suit for you

C. Install custom rom
    ========================

. Turn on ur phone now then keep pressing volume down to enter CWM.
    . Standard operation before installing new rom :
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe cache partition
    - mount and storage -> format /system
    - advanced -> wipe dalvik cache
    - advanced -> wipe battery stats
    . Now install zip from sdcard -> choose the UHD zip file, and follow the instruction in aroma. After finish don't reboot yet.
    . Unchecked the reboot in aroma, after finish, u will be back in cwm.
    . Now install the wifi modules first ( usually the custom kernel have their own wifi modules).
    . reboot system.
    . Finish

. Do the steps above, and u will not having bootloop.
    . No need to thinking about rooting, Ur device is already root now because mostly cusrom and cus-kernel now is pre-rooted.
    . After succesfully installing the UHD 3.02 Rom.. Better to check this Link : [SHARE] Collection some UHD 3.0.2 known problems n link solution / flashable.zip(CWM)

. Personally I usually never goes to step 1. Just because stuck on sony logo, i'm doing that just once :D
    This is just for beginner who want to clean wipe, and face a hardtime because stuck / bootloop.
    For me, just having stuck on sony logo, or other stuff, I'm just doing from step 3. Back again to cwm, and installed over...
    Hello everybody,
    This Thread is all about Xperia Ultimate HD.
    Its made for you to ask your own questions, and I'm going to try my best to anwser them.

Regards,
    Jader
    Hi there,
    I will upload 2.0.2 tomorrow and re-open the thread to hive you the chance to cool off. Note:
    I will ask the mod to look the thread, if anyone is spamming again. Thanks and enjoy weekend :good:
    Remeber I'm working free.
    Clever little boy :) You are my favorite ;)
    Haha :p
    Btw, peeps are lazy?
    I have maybe 40.000 DL of all version, peeps just never press "thanks"... Its free, it doesn't hurt as you said, and show me and others your appreciation...
    busy boxing ;)

Hi jader13254,

thanks for your reply...
    system/bin/busybox was a Backup
    HD™+ has the command set in /xbin
    That's good to know... it's just that many are not really aware of this important tool.
    Mixing different versions and location may cause additional confusion.

So if someone is interestet, here's what i did to clean up a little on my Xperia Pro running UHD 2.0.3:
    - remounted /system rw
    - removed /system/bin/busybox
    - removed /system/xbin/busybox
    - removed /system/xbin/sh (which in fact is another older busybox)
    - renamed /system/xbin/hd -> hd.bak
    - installed busybox 1.20.2r2 from Linus Yang (http://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloads/detail?name=busybox-1.20.2r2)
    - made symbolic links in /system/xbin by calling busybox --install -s /system/xbin
    - removed symbolic link for hd
    - renamed /system/xbin/hd.bak -> hd (just for compatibility issues)
    - called sync
    - remount ro

This leads to:
    - PATH variable left untouched
    - sh command still uses mksh
    - all standard commands also included in stock ROM are still linked to /system/bin/toolbox
    - all additional commands are now linked to /system/xbin/busybox
    - any older releases of busybox are safely removed

The busybox from Linus Yang works very well and is a full featured alternative to the well know ones
    offering less commands in the free version.
    No issues so far... thanks for your attention ;)

Credits: Thanks goes out to Linus Yang for the nice and bug free busybox!

Cheers,

scholbert