HTC Sense 5 spotted on the HTC Droid DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Ya, well all those versions didnt change looks wise much.

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED HTC DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Lol. Heres the deal bud, all the previous versions of sense, all pretty much have had the same clocks, app drawers, icons. They just made them look better. This is not the case here. It looks like some cheap ass touchwiz/sammy, and sony ui mixed with motorola crap! Im not the only one who can see that its ugly. And i was just messin when i asked if u wanted a bet, but ya, sure, ill bet ya. Ill bet u that "my devs", including myself, will try our hardest to keep the sense 4+ look, and feel, even after this crap is released for future devices. Im not gonna argue over this, i have my opinion, u have yours. Lol. Im just stating that i really dislike the screenshots that are posted. If this is released to us, i wont buy a device until my DNA is no longer usable, because im a huge htc sense fan. But my mind might change. We will see where this goes.

Also, im not crying over this. Lol. Im just stating my opinion. And of course it will happen if i like it or not? No brainer there.
Lmfao!!!

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I love the white backgrounds. And the battery is easily changeable. Lol.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

No images found bro.

So you are crying over the icons changing.

From 2.x to 3 and 3.x to 4 there have been major changes. The 1 thing that has stayed the same for the mist part are the icons. But now that they are changing the icons(finally) you are saying that you will continue to port a soon to be legacy version of sense onto newer devices. Have fun with that. If you are that crazy about the legacy icons than you can simply port the icons over to the newer versions.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
It's old. Very old.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

Its only like 6 months old. But...........unfortunately, yes, u r correct. In the phone biz........its old. Sadly, because thats a great device! To bad it wasnt global, or i would have kept mine! Easily.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

So you are crying over the icons changing.

From 2.x to 3 and 3.x to 4 there have been major changes. The 1 thing that has stayed the same for the mist part are the icons. But now that they are changing the icons(finally) you are saying that you will continue to port a soon to be legacy version of sense onto newer devices. Have fun with that. If you are that crazy about the legacy icons than you can simply port the icons over to the newer versions.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

No. Its not just the icons. The clock, the app drawer, the icons, the dock, a lot of it is ugly to me. And im telling u straight up, that im not the only one who feels this way. And i will have fun with it. Thanks. Isnt that what this "android developing" is supposed to b? Fun?

And like i said before. Im not crying. Just one guys opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: djkeller3
Ugly!

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but Sense 5 is ugly as sin, and I will not buy an HTC phone that has Sense 5 on it unless I can root and put a Sense 4 ROM on it. HTC will ruin their reputation of having the most beautiful UI of all Android if they do in fact release anything close to what these pics indicate. I have been loyal to HTC for 3 consecutive upgrades, and I will go elsewhere if I have to settle for this.
I agree 199999999999999999999%! If that is sense 5, then my EVO LTE will be my last HTC phone. I love sense 4+ and going to a flat style with no more cool weather effects and icons, themes, etc and I'm gone. It's sad as I really love HTC. But even the home buttons being switched bothers me too. HTC should have kept their quality and old phones while pushing marketing and software updates faster. This sucks...

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I agree 199999999999999999999%! If that is sense 5, then my EVO LTE will be my last HTC phone. I love sense 4+ and going to a flat style with no more cool weather effects and icons, themes, etc and I'm gone. It's sad as I really love HTC. But even the home buttons being switched bothers me too. HTC should have kept their quality and old phones while pushing marketing and software updates faster. This sucks...

Thank u!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

damn, where's the allmighty flipping HTC weather clock? :(

Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Here you go (updated link)
http://db.tt/7VLMg6Op

Idk how suddenly all the images were deleted.

Thanks for that. Just clarifies my previous statements. :p

Reactions: feloccio

RuckusDecay

May 22, 2012
Los Angeles

Relax man you haven't seen an official released yet. For all we know they still have them, this is the problem with leaks people get their panties in a bunch.

disiz

May 14, 2009
Thanks a lot man for teasing us, like that :) Now waiting too see htc announce to see it in video, and see what's new, except icons style and weather on app drawer :)

ADstv

Jan 2, 2011
Joondalup, Australia
I didn't like the look of Sense 4 when the preview was out. It grew with me over time to the point it's the best sense i've ever used. After seeing the leaked pics of Sense 5 i really dislike the look. First the lockscreen, WTF why have the actual lock as a small button that is the same size and position as the apps button, what happens when I want to unlock it quickly without having to click the actual button? Least with the ring u just have to move your finger to the bottom of the screen and slide up.

Next, the new weather icons, Droid DNA weather icons are awesome and looks realistic, why dumb it down to the point it looks like a weather skin for Beautiful Widgets and Fancy Widgets. They gone from the best looking to now the worst looking out of all the brands (even apple's looks 100x better). Also whats with weather on the app drawer, I want to open an app, not look at the weather. If I want to see the current weather I just press home, pointless and a complete waste of space.

Guess will wait for the official screenshots but if this is Sense 5, I will be moving to a different brand (most likely back to Samsung). Though I may just keep my HTC one and refuse to update to Sense 5.

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
I didn't like the look of Sense 4 when the preview was out. It grew with me over time to the point it's the best sense i've ever used. After seeing the leaked pics of Sense 5 i really dislike the look. First the lockscreen, WTF why have the actual lock as a small button that is the same size and position as the apps button, what happens when I want to unlock it quickly without having to click the actual button? Least with the ring u just have to move your finger to the bottom of the screen and slide up.

Next, the new weather icons, Droid DNA weather icons are awesome and looks realistic, why dumb it down to the point it looks like a weather skin for Beautiful Widgets and Fancy Widgets. They gone from the best looking to now the worst looking out of all the brands (even apple's looks 100x better). Also whats with weather on the app drawer, I want to open an app, not look at the weather. If I want to see the current weather I just press home, pointless and a complete waste of space.

Guess will wait for the official screenshots but if this is Sense 5, I will be moving to a different brand (most likely back to Samsung). Though I may just keep my HTC one and refuse to update to Sense 5.

In regards to the Lockscreen, who is to say you have to swipe over that lock icon. It may just be the indicator for the device being locked and you actually unlock it another way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post screen shot or I call this bs :)

really? :D
    Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-56-13_2.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-54-01.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-54-59.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-56-03.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-57-05.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-55-53.png

Screenshot_2013-01-15-21-56-24.png

WANNA MOAR??????11111
    Can we please rename this thread 'zoundusers feckin moaning thread' because its gone so far off topic all I read is one person's juvenile self obsessed crap...
    I think HTC sales clearly show how Sense has been doing.....If you think it isn't considering a big change, talk to their financial officer and they'll state otherwise.
    Don't be surprised when they try and unify the UI across all their "current" devices. Why would they waste resources maintaining multiple versions at once? They already have a hard enough time with that, lol.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Why does everyone bring sense down so much? Its significantly better and polished and better looking than touch wiz... The thing bringing them down is their choices and marketing ..like I don't know how many people crave the new HTC device than they see no SD card or removable battery that's what bringing HTC down not sense and their marketing tactics
    Here you go the beautiful sense 5 wallpaper I found!:D
    Welp how about this?...... No more name calling or attacking of fellow users here!

That goes for both sides.

First and only warning here.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2