Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Search This thread

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011
Answer from dxbox through PayPal dispute:

"Your order has been shipping in January 7, shipping time 7-15 days, Sorry for the delay of shipping, you can keep this dispute until you receive the product"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

aaurelio

Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne
Answer from dxbox through PayPal dispute:

"Your order has been shipping in January 7, shipping time 7-15 days, Sorry for the delay of shipping, you can keep this dispute until you receive the product"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

So they are claiming that we will get it. It doesn't make sense. I will open a dispute just to make sure my money is safe.

This will be the last time I buy anything from that site as the service is terrible.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
@kyogoku I think a video does a better job than just pictures, but if you want it from a particular angle you can request and I'll take photos of it.

@SanzaBlanko I really have no idea how to find out if it is aluminium. It sure looks and feels metallic though.

Last edited:

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
@wendellc, you are not on the waiting list. You are #3 on the confirmed list for the second batch which arrives this Friday. :)

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011
So they are claiming that we will get it. It doesn't make sense. I will open a dispute just to make sure my money is safe.

This will be the last time I buy anything from that site as the service is terrible.

Yeah, I wanted to be safe too. I dont really beleve it will arrive.

SanzaBlancoAkA2C

Feb 4, 2011
Aluminum?!:D Even original isn't aluminum and youre expecting replica to be?

This I know because that $30 piece of **** that I brought from the Play store cracked by the micro USB port. Still waiting on my refund from Google as we speak. The reason I'm asking if it's aluminum or not is because if you've been following the thread you'd see there is multiple places selling these "replica" bumpers and listing the build material as TPU and Aluminum. Now I'm not sure if this would effect the singal but I would imagine that it would hold up better than the plastic junk that Google is selling. Clearly this would go into my decission on weither or not I would buy one once I get my refund from Google.

innumerabilis

Dec 14, 2011
Checked with the seller. Nope, no aluminium and any other sellers that tell you there is aluminium in their bumper is most probably pulling your leg.

保护套质地: 金属+tpu . 这金属是铝吗?
The bumper composition is listed as metal + tpu. Is this metal aluminium?
6:58:45 PM
全是塑料
It is all TPU.
6:58:50 PM
没有金属。
There is no metal involved.
金属的质感
But it is processed to have the appearance and texture of metal.

SanzaBlancoAkA2C

Feb 4, 2011
Checked with the seller. Nope, no aluminium and any other sellers that tell you there is aluminium in their bumper is most probably pulling your leg.

保护套质地: 金属+tpu . 这金属是铝吗?
The bumper composition is listed as metal + tpu. Is this metal aluminium?
6:58:45 PM
全是塑料
It is all TPU.
6:58:50 PM
没有金属。
There is no metal involved.
金属的质感
But it is processed to have the appearance and texture of metal.

Thanks. I'll hold off from buying one and continue using the broken OEM one I have now.

vertizontal

Jan 20, 2013
The packaging for this one, while a copy of the original does not have the LG logo on it, just text that says LG, and a model number.
From the pictures, the ones that DX-Box sent out have the LG logo on it, and they were confiscated as counterfeit by U.S. customs.

Hopefully the Taobao ones won't be confiscated by U.S. customs.

My contact in China has them ready to ship to me here in the U.S. and I am trying to decide if I should ask them to remove the part that says "LG" on it?

@kyogoku I think a video does a better job than just pictures, but if you want it from a particular angle you can request and I'll take photos of it.

@SanzaBlanko I really have no idea how to find out if it is aluminium. It sure looks and feels metallic though.

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
The packaging for this one, while a copy of the original does not have the LG logo on it, just text that says LG, and a model number.
From the pictures, the ones that DX-Box sent out have the LG logo on it, and they were confiscated as counterfeit by U.S. customs.

Hopefully the Taobao ones won't be confiscated by U.S. customs.

My contact in China has them ready to ship to me here in the U.S. and I am trying to decide if I should ask them to remove the part that says "LG" on it?

wow how did you know the DX-Box got confiscated? that's messed up business practice by DX-BOX labeling it "Original OEM"
I guess i'll file a case with Paypal

patsmike

Dec 27, 2011
Boston, MA
I dont see why one would buy that since the shenit bumper is the same thing,it is cheaper and is available now:rolleyes:

Nope, check again, shenit bumper is not available anymore.... Maybe b/c they're OOS. Also I've never heard of shenit, while this other seller is at least based in the US

heat361

Dec 27, 2011
New York City
Nope, check again, shenit bumper is not available anymore.... Maybe b/c they're OOS. Also I've never heard of shenit, while this other seller is at least based in the US

I ordered one the seller has a 4.5 rating and I checked amazon and they say its currently unavailable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as promised, here are some comparison photos of the real deal and the qspades over seas replicas. these may be the same replicas floating all over town, but results may vary.

from the side they look almost identical. only thing i was able to tell from looking myself, was that the original bumper had buttons that seemed better mounted, the copy had the buttons sunk inside until it was put on a phone
    IMG_20130204_220022_zps618bd885.jpg

IMG_20130204_220017_zps8852a5af.jpg

from the top, you can see that the copy has a more "square" microphone hole while the original has a more "rounded" edge mic hole. original on bottom
    IMG_20130204_220038_zpsc0ff177a.jpg

on the inside, the buttons on the original are pure black while the copy has painted silver on it
    IMG_20130204_220144_zpsde58de15.jpg

the bottom was the most noticable. the original is way more refined and perfected.
    IMG_20130204_220001_zps88417bce.jpg

all in all, the replicas are great cases if you get them at a good price. i paid 20 shipped for mine which isn't bad but if you can get it for less it's worth it imo.
    White LG replica Bumper

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    More pics of my shenit bumper:
    (before I get called a noob, I will remove the rear plastic cover as soon as my dbrand skin arrives!)

Hi guys,

Thanks to your support, I have now sold all the Nexus 4 Replica bumpers that I ordered and have none left.

I hope that the shipping goes smoothly for everyone, and you receive them soon. :)