Reverse Tether + Re Tether = How do I do it?

Search This thread

SKJoy2001

Oct 31, 2009
Dhaka
www.MediaNet-Solutions.Net
Basically I want to share my PC's internet to my Android phone via USB and then share the Android's internet to other WiFi enbled appliances via Android's WiFi as a hotspot.

PC Internet >>>--[USB]---> Android phone >>>--[WiFi Hotspot]--> WiFi clients

I progressed upto Reverse WiFi Tether where I can share my PC internet on my Android phone using USB connection but then enabling the WiFi hotspot on the Android phone doesn't share this internet to other WiFi clients (although the hotspot works and client's can connect, but no internet access/data transfer).

For those wondering why would I dig a pond to fill it;

a. I don't have WiFi (trans)receiver on my PC;
b. My Android phone doesn't have a RJ45 port;

For those even wondering: I don't want to buy a WiFi (trans)receiver for my PC either.

Reactions: vishgupta92

lgoldstein

Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MN
Basically I want to share my PC's internet to my Android phone via USB and then share the Android's internet to other WiFi enbled appliances via Android's WiFi as a hotspot.

I progressed upto Reverse WiFi Tether where I can share my PC internet on my Android phone using USB connection but then enabling the WiFi hotspot on the Android phone doesn't share this internet to other WiFi clients (although the hotspot works and client's can connect, but no internet access/data transfer).

For those even wondering: I don't want to buy a WiFi (trans)receiver for my PC either.

I'm not sure how to go about doing that, it might be cheaper just to go buy a cheap wireless router.

Any idea how to do the opposite? I want to use my phone to connect to a wireless network and send the network connection back to my computer that doesn't have WI-fi.

vishgupta92

Nov 3, 2012
How u Can reverse tethering place mentioned all steps plzzzzz

Sent from my MTS-SP101 using xda premium

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
It just has an on board RJ45 Network connection. The problem that I'm running into is I want to use it to stream movies onto my TV in the living room, but my router is located in the kitchen and the wife has told me I'm not allowed to run a network cable across her house :)

On a train for another hour at least. I will reply after I get to the office. Pretty sure Cisco/Linksys makes a box that gives you wifi access via RJ45. Have one and I know it works. Just not sure of vendor and model.

Still Charged Up

SKJoy2001

Oct 31, 2009
Dhaka
www.MediaNet-Solutions.Net
I don't want to buy a router + I don't want to buy an access point... Why? I have enough of them ;)

I just want to make an android a WiFi router (not for mobile data please) or a WiFi extender...

How... how... how...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.