no 7.8 rom for lg optimus 7?

Search This thread

stephan213

Jul 29, 2012
Oshawa
I got the 3 updates (ending with 7.8) installed fine using the above mentioned methods of disconnecting while searching for updates. I have an airplane mode on my fn key for F7, so I just used that 3-4 seconds into the search. Worked fine each time.

I have however had problems since the update in taking pictures and viewing my photo albums on my optimus 7. I can take a picture, but the camera app crashes right away. When going to pictures and selecting any album or camera roll, the app crashes.

EDIT: a simple restart of my phone fixed the issue.

DOUBLE EDIT: my phone IS branded to Telus, if anyone was curious about this method only working on unbranded phones or vice versa.

Last edited:

LMA-Winter

Dec 23, 2010
I just plugged in my Optimus 7 to my laptop today and the update to 7.8 came up along with two other updates, without me having to force anything. I have described the process in my blog - I will update it with screenshots of the process later today. Nothing fancy so far, only annoyingly large tiles!

hey, do you by any chance have your phones brand number? maybe it would help branding the phone with your brand number...just maybe...

NEVERMIND JUST INSTALLED VIA CAB

Last edited:

stead

Aug 9, 2007
Brilliant, was hoping my old lg will be updated, honestly didn't think it would be!

phone still in family so it will get updated at some point! :)

nikshah

Dec 13, 2009
Can't believe that my Vodafone UK branded E900 just updated to 7.8 when connected to Zune even though prior to connecting the software update was not available. Everything is running smoothly.

Strato77

Feb 21, 2008
Lisboa, Portugal
I have unbranded sim free LG E900 Optimus 7.
And here is the tip how to get updates if they are not available in your location yet:
Create Local area connection (or Wireless connection) shortcut on desktop- you'll need it later. Swich "Airplane mode" ON in a phone, connect it to PC and start Zune. Push "Update" button in settings, count 3-5 sec and disable internet connection (it is easier to do it with shortcuts on desktop, that's why you need them or you can just unplug the LAN cable) if you disable it too late zune will determinate your location and will tell you "no update available", if too early it will be an error "Can not check for updates right now...", so you need to find this correct time, you have to try several times (4-5 times usually), and when you hit this moment when it finds update, but can not determinate your location, it will say "update is available", after that turn on connection again and push "Update now"- the update will be downloaded to your phone. There were 3 updates intsalled today and the third one was 7.8:)
Good luck!

Worked like a charm! 4 to 5 secs! Tnx! :laugh:

Lpedraja2002

Jun 28, 2011
Worked like a charm! 4 to 5 secs! Tnx! :laugh:

I did it also. It wasn't working until I put it on airplane mode. I got one update with no changes, I guess I have two more to go. It also seems like I have to do the trick for the rest of the updates.

If you do it to soon it will say it can't check for updates, wait a bit 2 secs or 3 and turn off your Wi-fi.

*Edit*

Got the second update after re-trying the trick multiple times. If Zune keeps telling you that your phone is up to date too quickly, disconnect and reconnect your phone and try again. Still nothing new, guess I have one more to go.

*Edit*
Got the third and final update. The first thing you'll notice is the tiles are a lot bigger now, they actually removed the little arrow that was on the right side and used that real space to stretch the tiles so now tey're bigger and it looks nicer, also you can resize them to 3 different sizes!

Things are a bit laggy on the home screen size though, not choppy just that the new response time is slower than Mango but definitely noticeable. This includes tapping the tiles and clicking the home button. Also the color changed in the themes, look a little less vibrant and I lost my Mango color! It's now Orange and the other option is Amber but no Mango :(

Last edited:

haloss

Oct 31, 2010
No added accent colours

I've update my phone using the Seven-Eighter and it seems I don't have the new accent colours, nor the bing wallpaper option. Anyone knows, what the problem might be?

djassa1

Mar 12, 2011
Do we loose Internet Sharing option after the 7.8 Update? I am asking that because I installed the Argentina Personnal Carrier ROM to get that and dont want to loose it!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381885

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

The force update method worked for me! I'm using a Telus LG Optimus 7, so it's an e900h. I have to install 2 updates first before 7.8.

I have an E900H too but with the Personnal Rom to enable Internet sharing... Did you installed that too before Update?

stomms

Jul 9, 2011
Tallinn
Do we loose Internet Sharing option after the 7.8 Update? I am asking that because I installed the Argentina Personnal Carrier ROM to get that and dont want to loose it!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381885

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I have an E900H too but with the Personnal Rom to enable Internet sharing... Did you installed that too before Update?

I had Internet sharing since Mango or even before that, and it is still there (never used it though)...

djassa1

Mar 12, 2011
I had Internet sharing since Mango or even before that, and it is still there (never used it though)...

It's because you have the E900 !? Telus in Canada is selling the E900H with a different radio (UMTS or 3G on the 850mhz band) and no Internet Sharing. The E900H has Internet sharing enabled only with Argentina Personal Carrier ROM.

Anyway, Il will try it tonight and advise!

djassa1

Mar 12, 2011
Update went smoothly, even if I had to use the disconnect trick. Internet sharing was not removed for the simple reason that when you use an other carrier ROM, it's this one that is get updated, leaving all the functions and features like they were before.

Unlock is removed by the way but seems that you can get it back with MFG.

I hope also that SIP (VOIP) is now available with 7.8 because it's what I am really missing from IOS ou Android!

minep

Mar 6, 2011
What has 80072FA8 error or just no update found!

On this time I tried a long time update with disconnect trick. But... no updates.
NOW... from FIRST time update was found!

Solution:
yeah... first of all good things happen to UK. :D So we will use UK proxy.
Go to Settings - mobile network , then edit apn. In "APN, Username, Password" I typed my provider settings. In "Proxy server/URL" type 109.169.40.229 and in "Proxy port" type 8080. Here Done.
Next step: in computer STILL connected internet, in phone wifi is disconnected.
And last step: in Zune click update. Waiting about ~2 minutes, because proxy is very slow.
Result:
ief7h0.png

Thanks for UK proxy :laugh:

Reactions: la4o

lolohardware

Aug 31, 2011
On this time I tried a long time update with disconnect trick. But... no updates.

Solution:
Go to Settings - mobile network , then edit apn. In "APN, Username, Password" I typed my provider settings. In "Proxy server/URL" type 109.169.40.229 and in "Proxy port" type 8080. Here Done.
And last step: in Zune click update. Waiting about ~2 minutes, because proxy is very slow.
Result:

Not working in Spain !! (movistar phone)
I try this method and not working too !!!

:( :crying:

minep

Mar 6, 2011
Not working in Spain !! (movistar phone)
I try this method and not working too !!!

:( :crying:

Finally today I got 3th update (yesterday I did not have time to). Not of first time how 1th update, but I get it. Files downloading from France (77.67.4.51 Port: 80).
Maybe is problem, because your phone is with carrier software. :rolleyes:

K3v.ie

Feb 5, 2013
Well updating my phone to 7.8 has caused my touch screen not to work.

Is there any way of restoring my phone to factory settings without having to use my touch screen?

djassa1

Mar 12, 2011
Well updating my phone to 7.8 has caused my touch screen not to work.

Is there any way of restoring my phone to factory settings without having to use my touch screen?

Connect to PC and restore with Zune the last firmware before upgrade. It should revive it.

Try after that updatiing again to 7.8...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What has 80072FA8 error or just no update found!

Solution:
    Result:
    ief7h0.png