[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][v1.1 - 29.01.2013][FINAL][JB] SlimBean 3.1 (Android 4.1.2)

Search This thread

ajaihs

Jun 24, 2012
Trivandrum
Anyone facing Manual network search problem in final ver????
Plz confirm if its only me...

EDIT: Fixed it myself..Now i can search and set networks manually....

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Last edited:

omidreza

Aug 29, 2011
Kerman
Sounds very strange....... hardware problem? I am thinking the speaker... Have you tried another rom after this problem?

i have experienced the issue with lockscreen sound in many ics roms after using 3 or 4days. but in cm10 by rashed i didn't have such problems. also now the speaker works while ringing in call or message or alarm but when playing music there is no sound until i plug the headphone.

ivaren

Feb 7, 2012
i have experienced the issue with lockscreen sound in many ics roms after using 3 or 4days. but in cm10 by rashed i didn't have such problems. also now the speaker works while ringing in call or message or alarm but when playing music there is no sound until i plug the headphone.

You could try to freeze Music+ and DSP Manager with Titanium. I did it because of another error. Haven't had any problems with this rom, been using it since the release.

Junior Einstein

Jan 25, 2013
I found out why buttons stopped working!!! It was because of wrong permissions of files in /system/usr/keylayout... finally i can enjoy taste of jelly bean

Search on google for toggle headset 2 or read this post :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35885600

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: omidreza

healthhome

Sep 11, 2010
Rosera
Back light

is there any way to disable keys backlight to sav more battery. i m using icysnap, providing commad in terminal emm. ledoff to disable baclk light & getting nice backup.

Reactions: ajaihs

ThaDFazz

Dec 4, 2011
Belgaum
Music & calling works fine here although DSP manager keeps force closing all the time. That's the only bug till now.

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Is there any fix for low speaker volume during phone calls?

I think there was a similar problem with cm9 & ICS AOKP roms for p500, at some stage there was a flashable zip file to fix this issue at early builds.

Any chances a different kernel may reduce Wifi power consumption? The phone seems to work great while idle, but as already stated by several people, once Wifi is turned on it can drain the battery in about 4-5 hours...

Reactions: healthhome

Marius Cristian

May 10, 2011
Hi.Is there any way to disable that notification drawer light effect?I mean...when you swype down the drawer,the screen below it gets darker,and when you swype up it gets ligher.I want to disable this because sometimes it causing some lag.Otherwise,very nice rom.It's not the fastest jb but it might be the most stable one :)

ajaihs

Jun 24, 2012
Trivandrum
is there any way to disable keys backlight to sav more battery. i m using icysnap, providing commad in terminal emm. ledoff to disable baclk light & getting nice backup.

I m using Keyboard backlight control app frm playstore...try it...
:D

i could not turn on wifi tethering.
i did not see this bug mentioned in http://slimroms.net/index.php/bugs/slim-bean and this thread.
is everyone having this issue or just minority?
no problem in CM10 and Oxygen ICS

after i have checked on portable wi-fi hotspot checkbox
it will stays in "turning wi-fi on" for a while then phone restart (sometimes doesn't restart)
Yeh, this is a common problem. Even in other cm ROMs its happening if we switch WiFi tethering repeatedly.But I m using "Wireless Tethering" app and experiencing no problem here...

Reactions: jaibar

PolishVodka

Oct 4, 2012
Somebody can help me? How can i force disabled or just delete phisical keyboard? Always when i reboot phone , i must disable it on settings>language & keyboards. Please , help.

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
After two days of testing, beside DSP manager force closing there is also issue of loudspeaker being to loud on low settings, so I always have to use
silent +vibrate mode when I need the phone to be quiet.
And also Titanium backup is working from time to time on this rom :D basically you can manage one app per day :D

Also this rom has best in call volume that I have heard in any other rom :) thanks :)

Last edited:

Marius Cristian

May 10, 2011
I think you should try another version of titanium backup...you can easily find a pro version on the internet.I'm telling you this because i use titanium backup 6.0.0 and i got no problem.
And about dsp manager problem...It's true,sometimes FC,sometimes is working.However,for a good music experience download Power AMP full version (same as TB,you can find it on google or if you want to support the dev,gplay ofc) and use it's equalizer.
And as far as i used this rom,battery life is nice.

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
I thought the dsp manager issue was fixed... In any case just grab /system/lib/soundfx folder from any CM10 rom and push it in the same place in the slim rom. I don't have any dsp manager crashing issue. However I've done this before and it's true that I did not flash the latest version clean...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ladies and gentlemen, SlimBean...

Enough talk!

Features:
    SlimBean Features

Official Changelog:
    Official SlimBean Changelog

Download/Issues/Changelog:
    Google Code Port Page
    NOTE: The rom does not contain Gapps. Gapps can be found on the SlimBean addons page (see below).

Installation Instructions:
    Clean install or coming from another ROM:

Download the zip
    Addons (if you don't have it already) from here. Make sure you download addons for android 4.1.2 NOT 4.2!
    Full wipe, and manual format /system
    Flash the zip AND the addons you want, reboot

Update:
    Download the zip (Rom also has OTA Updates)
    Wipe cache and dalvik-cache
    Flash the zip, reboot
    No need to flash the addons again

Additional Info:
    Need more space? Use Link2SD!

Sources:
    Official SlimBean Sources
    P500 Port Sources
    Kernel courtesy of LGICS
    OTA Updater courtesy of OTA Update Center

Credits:
    SlimRoms Team
    LGICS

Screenshots from P500 in second post.

Enjoy!
    Screenshots:
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwyErB5jOVt4RTk2NGJwUGRRMWs/edit

(I tried embedding them but I couldn't find a good hosting service with direct links for them)

NOTE: Screenshots were taken with a third-party app because my Power button is busted. The stock screenshot feature works just fine nevertheless...
    Final version is up.

No further development will be coming from me for this rom, meaning that all the current bugs will be there until someone else wants to take over. I must focus on other things right now.
    I hope you enjoy this project at least as much as I enjoyed working on it.
    As I said before, I want to focus more on original work. I've had enough of porting other people's roms. It's not as exciting as building your own.
    So I'm going to give my cerebrum-rom a complete rethink now that I have much more knowledge about Android os development and I've seen how different people tackle issues in different ways.
    Mic is fixed. Now working on omx...