Ever thought about the possibilites that program/contact links hidden behind invisible icons could bring to MS3? Just to name a few: Hiding your girlfriends as hidden contacts, replacing MS3 functions by just placing an invisible widget over the real function (for example rerouting to your favourite SMS app or calendar), etc.
3Shirts over at Spb Club has found a way.
Hidden widgets in MS3
"Basically I created a shortcut with a blank icon and then added a widget which points to that shortcut. This creates a blank widget (as long as you select small or medium without text).
What you need:
SK Shortcut Manager (or similar)
A dll containing a blank icon (http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1224523078
- link provided by kramerica2)
A file manager (Windows one is ok but Total Commander or Resco are better)
What to do:
1) I created a new folder inside the 'Start Menu' called 'Invisible versions'. For each program I wanted an invisible button for I copied the shortcut from Start Menu to this folder. I only did SMS-Chat and ThumbCal to start with.
2) Unzip and copy the attached blankicon.dll to your phone, doesn't matter where as long as you know, I put it in a folder called Icons on my Storage Card.
2) Open SK Shortcut Manager and scroll to the 'Invisible Versions' folder (folders are usually at the bottom), double tap to open it and tap once on the program shortcut.
3) When the program you want is highlighted red, tap Actions > Change Icon
4) Browse to where you put the blankicons.dll and tap it. You will see a 'list' but there is only one item, a blank icon. Tap that and then tap 'Set Icon'
5) Repeat 2-4 for any other programs you want then hit Tools > Exit
6) Now on your lifestyle page just add an application widget and point it to the invisible icon shortcut you just made!
Bingo, you have an invisible button. Remember that whichever widget you positioned last will be 'on top' so a good use for this is to place several invisible thumbcal widgets on top of the calendar so whenever you touch the calendar thumbcal opens!
I also used it to place SMS-Chat on top of the SMS notification widget so I can launch it instead of the default SMS app."
Here is a tut to change a shortcut icon without a shortcut manager:
After program link just add ?[Icon-Container-DLL],[Icon-CODE]
With VJPhone you could add a hidden shortcut to directly dial someone:
Note that XDev member jgjackson in his professional widgets collection over at Spb Club has premade small and medium invisible widgets