[MOD][PORT] Sony BRAVIA Engine 3

Search This thread

{C0deF0x}

Feb 3, 2013
St. Louis
UPDATED TO BRAVIA 3!

Sony BRAVIA Engine 3 Ported To The Galaxy Note II​

ALL MODELS

The Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 3 is a video enhancement program for Sony phones. It uses filters and algorithms to create a clearer and more contrasted picture and an overall smoother experience. This is perfect for the Note II's huge HD screen but can be a little to saturated for people like photographers who want to see how the photo looks exactly with out any enhancements. The change is not huge but is definitely noticeable if two devices are compared. This program is very light weight and works with all models of the Note II so far.

While the latest BRAVIA ENGINE 3 builds on tried and tested BRAVIA ENGINE technology, it does so with the advantage of a new picture processing software.

This new technology has allowed BRAVIA ENGINE to improve - even in respect to its own dazzling performance:

Contrast. Increased depth and clarity, as well as new light control technology to control peak brightness levels, means stunning images even on the brightest of scenes.

Colours. New colour histogram technology detects and optimises overall colour distribution of each frame. This technology delivers breathtaking colour by making millions of improvements to each frame before you even see it.

Detail. Advanced Noise Reduction lies behind BRAVIA’s ability to show you every blade of grass on a football pitch and really put you at the heart of the action.

CONFIRMED MODELS:

• SGH-i317 (AT&T)
  • GT-N7100
  • GT-N7105
  • GT-i9000
  • SCH-i605 (Verizon)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download Attatched Zip
  2. Boot Into CWM/TWRP Recovery
  3. Backup (Optional But Suggested)
  4. Choose Downloaded Zip And Flash
  5. Reboot
  6. Done!

• dmarino933 (TWRP confirm)
  • kevtrysmoddin (GT-i9000 confirm)

NOTE: It is hard to notice the difference after flashing but trust me if there are no errors during flash you should be good to go. Also try comparing it to another device and it should be pretty clear.

Attachments

• Bravia_Engine_3.zip
    140.3 KB · Views: 46,064
Last edited:

{C0deF0x}

Feb 3, 2013
St. Louis
reserved

Edit: please ignore that .DS_store file within the zip. it is just a hidden file that is in every directory of the Mac OS (yes im a mac guy). Apparently it is just meant to help the OS remember the order of the files within a directory. It was left in there because, like i said, it's hidden so i didnt even think to remove it because I really didnt know it was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: G7Baker

fabster530

Jul 30, 2012
Re: [MOD] Sony BRAVIA Engine 2

Twrp didn't work and cwm aborted also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
Re: [MOD][PORT] Sony BRAVIA Engine 2

Thanks a lot for this Im new to this android stuff and now people wont hate me! can I use this for the post? Dumb mistake wont happen again

You most certainly can! And its not a problem, just glad to help out where I can! I'm going to send you a pm to let you know where the problem was and maybe that will help you out some with some future releases you may have. Have a good one!

Reactions: {C0deF0x}

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto

Installed. Everything smooth. Not sure I noticed a difference but great non the less. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T

has anyone tried bravia 2?
whats the feedback

We included this in our rom "blackout" over a month a couple weeks ago..I found it in beginning of January and we decided to try it..To be honest with you I think it's more placebo effect then anything but that's my opinion. I tried several comparison taken pics without, and with it, put them on my computer and I can't tell a difference.

The real version actually has a screen to enable,and disable in phones that carry this by default.

Last edited:

kevtrysmoddin

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro

We included this in our rom "blackout" over a month a couple weeks ago..I found it in beginning of January and we decided to try it..To be honest with you I think it's more placebo effect then anything but that's my opinion. I tried several comparison taken pics without, and with it, put them on my computer and I can't tell a difference.

The real version actually has a screen to enable,and disable in phones that carry this by default.

I beg to differ but on my i9000 it significantly improves the pictures taken in low light

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app

edren

Nov 2, 2008
installed using mobile odin on my N7105

running smooth
even for the live wallpaper seem to be more fluid than before
photos/videos look vivid with more colors and details before
low lighting shooting are better

some how it seem like it has accelerated JB transition effect to be more buttery..

thanks for it!:laugh:

Reactions: {C0deF0x}

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED TO BRAVIA 3!

Sony BRAVIA Engine 3 Ported To The Galaxy Note II​

ALL MODELS

The Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 3 is a video enhancement program for Sony phones. It uses filters and algorithms to create a clearer and more contrasted picture and an overall smoother experience. This is perfect for the Note II's huge HD screen but can be a little to saturated for people like photographers who want to see how the photo looks exactly with out any enhancements. The change is not huge but is definitely noticeable if two devices are compared. This program is very light weight and works with all models of the Note II so far.

While the latest BRAVIA ENGINE 3 builds on tried and tested BRAVIA ENGINE technology, it does so with the advantage of a new picture processing software.

This new technology has allowed BRAVIA ENGINE to improve - even in respect to its own dazzling performance:

Contrast. Increased depth and clarity, as well as new light control technology to control peak brightness levels, means stunning images even on the brightest of scenes.

Colours. New colour histogram technology detects and optimises overall colour distribution of each frame. This technology delivers breathtaking colour by making millions of improvements to each frame before you even see it.

Detail. Advanced Noise Reduction lies behind BRAVIA’s ability to show you every blade of grass on a football pitch and really put you at the heart of the action.

CONFIRMED MODELS:

• SGH-i317 (AT&T)
    • GT-N7100
    • GT-N7105
    • GT-i9000
    • SCH-i605 (Verizon)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download Attatched Zip
    2. Boot Into CWM/TWRP Recovery
    3. Backup (Optional But Suggested)
    4. Choose Downloaded Zip And Flash
    5. Reboot
    6. Done!

• dmarino933 (TWRP confirm)
    • kevtrysmoddin (GT-i9000 confirm)

NOTE: It is hard to notice the difference after flashing but trust me if there are no errors during flash you should be good to go. Also try comparing it to another device and it should be pretty clear.

For those who the zip did not flash for, I found the problem and fixed the zip. It was just zipped up wrong.

I agree I also had it in my rom and couldn't see a difference about 3 weeks ago . I went ahead and put it in anyway.

Or maybe it was in Jan I added it . Not sure its been awhile

But its always just my nature to thank everyone who post in the community for the efforts. So thanks
    JD€VIL ZΩDIΔC PΩW€R€D RΩMS
    Does anyone know if this works on the TMobile variant of the Note 2 (T889) ??

Yes it does I flashed it on my Friends Tmo GN2 and i can tell the diff. Before i flashed it on his rom I played the same Movie (Wreck it Ralph) on Both phones side by side. I have a Att GN2 with Sony Bravia Engine mod already Installed and you can see that the colors on mine was alot more vibrant. I do recomend this mod with anyone with a GN2.
    Ok I'm not spreading wrong info! The download didn't work from the OP:confused:. When I tried it :eek: But it was working on the engine 2. A few post down!!

But now when I click on the OP's link it's working now so it must have been fixed?? Now I can open this file to look at its contents. I'll load it up and see if there's any difference!!
    I wish I didn't delete the original file that I got the first time. I would have posted so you can see what I was saying!! Because I couldn't look inside the file with any app on my phone. Meaning any file explorer app!!

Just my 2¢®

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Please dont spread wrong information. Nothing has been fixed or Changed about the Bravia Engine 3 since it was posted. I dont know why you couldnt veiw the zip contents on your phone but if I where you I would have tried it on a computer before I went complaining about a bad zip. If you found a real bug or something really is wrong with the zip then please let me know, I would be glad to help.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium