Search This thread

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
My Updated ktoonservative settings

I changed the following 2 days ago for some testing and loving them:

boost_turn_on_2nd_core = 1
cpu_down_block_cycles = 0 (this one is the key to speed and the code I added a few weeks ago is making this really possible)
no_2nd_cpu_screen_off = 1
up_threshold = 57
up_threshold_hotplug = 58

Went to sleep last night with 99% left, woke up almost 8 hours later and it was at 95%.

Used the phone all day from 6am till now 7pm and still have 68% left, lots of talk time, 1.2 hours of screen time, 30 emails or so, 30 texts :D

Give them a try:good:

maxima2k53

Aug 21, 2010
Miami

cpu_down_block_cycles = 0 (this one is the key to speed and the code I added a few weeks ago is making this really possible)
up_threshold = 57

Went to sleep last night with 99% left, woke up almost 8 hours later and it was at 95%.

Used the phone all day from 6am till now 7pm and still have 68% left, lots of talk time, 1.2 hours of screen time, 30 emails or so, 30 texts :D

do you change that in the ktweaker?

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Re: [KERNEL][SPRINT][AOSP/TOUCHWIZ-JELLYBEAN][2/7/2013] KT747-s LJ7 - KTweaker

up_threshold = 57

Cpu-down-blocks-cycles

I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Are you using the AOSP Kernel kt? Great work by the way man.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ragnar

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com

up_threshold = 57

Thanks for the update. I am glad you have been feeling better these days, sorry you have been on the run and so busy.
The new changes in the latest update are amazing and a few I had hoped for actually. Nice work adding screen on and off hotplug.
I have also found higher sample rates in 4.2+ have been better and more accurate than very low ones. Below 4.2+ seems to respond accurate down to a fairly low level of sample rate but the opposite for 4.2. 45000 gives the cpu plenty of time to let a frequency work before switching... however fast the cpu frequency it scales to wont matter much if the cpu scales up and down too fast to accomplish anything at a given frequency. 60 hours is very good, nice Ktoonsez.

HOW SELFISH!
To come into a Developers thread with all this discussion of another kernel!
Everyone knows I have been very lenient about Anthrax talk
But this is just plain rude and total BS!
Thread cleaned!
Anthrax has their own site..take it there!
This is the only warning in this thread that will be posted
Keep this thread about KT kernels or you will be infracted
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

thank you for fixing up the thread. I missed the mayhem but I am glad and care more that whatever occured was taken care of. KennyGlass123, always vigilant, thank you.

Im taking a guess here but are you on 4.2 JB or are you using TouchJizz? My guess is 4.2. That sampling_rate is probably what is killing you battery life, try 45000 which is my default and what I use, also try turning yoyo OFF (set to zero). Leave all the rest alone and take baby steps. :good:
On 4.2+ I see the same benefit.

Yoyo only on 4.2.1 and it is highly recommended you stick with ktweaker with ktoonz kernel. You are more than welcome to use anything else, but remember, don't have multiple kernel controllers running. Also I found ktweaker to be easier since it allows you to adjust both governor and i/o schedulers.

what rom are you on? Yes to your question about renaming files however be cautious about deleting init.d scripts. Check your folder, if you have a 70cpu script or anything labeled cpu get rid of it. You can post a screenshot here if you want o be cautious.

"Extending android battery life through research, testing, and calibration."
Proud contributor and official kernel scientist for Team Kernelizers!
jcdominguez_zps46d291a3.png
Best to set any scripts aside as backups outside of the initd folder in a safe place if they are suspect of conflicts.

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

I will take a look when I get back in town, out of town for work again :(

Thanks Ktoonsez. You are more than gracious to all of us. Thank you for being such an awesome developer!

socioteq

Apr 7, 2010
Tyler
OMFG this kernel makes my liquid 3.2.1 rom totally lagless...
First time Ive experienced absolutely no redraws in any and all applications... great work ktoonsez!! I think cutting out redraws has has a great effect on my battery life. I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital and by the end of my shift yesterday I still had 70% battery life left with a total of 2.5 hours screen on time. I'm using Interactive + CFQ ... I can't seem to get the same effect with ktoonservative + row, unfortunately, but interactive +CFQ seems to do the trick

Someone get this man a :beer:

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA

Yes I am on AOSP. The yoyo and block are not needed on TJ version:good:

Well I lost 20% lol. Over a 9hr period on WiFi. I just can't get my battery to last me at all. I'm on TPR of course. Even bought a new battery a few days ago. Ahh well.

awillis111

May 10, 2012
Waxahachie, TX

Well I lost 20% lol. Over a 9hr period on WiFi. I just can't get my battery to last me at all. I'm on TPR of course. Even bought a new battery a few days ago. Ahh well.

Amigo, come over to the dark side and give AOSP a try. Running SlimBean w/KT747, and tweaks from the Team Kernelizers thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35101228, I'm getting at least a day of battery life with 6-7 of screen/calls. And, all on 3G/4G.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA

Amigo, come over to the dark side and give AOSP a try. Running SlimBean w/KT747, and tweaks from the Team Kernelizers thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35101228, I'm getting at least a day of battery life with 6-7 of screen/calls. And, all on 3G/4G.

What's up brotha? How are ya man? I actually just DLed Slim last night lol. You know what irritates Mr about AOSP or even CM is that 0 folder thingy. And with that, I'm Always ju.pi g from TW to CM and each time I jump back and forth I have to Eliminate that 0 folder, cause TWRP can read the Internal storage when that happens. But I'll tell u what, when I get home from work today (hopefully I make it home with this blizzard today lol) Imma flash Slim. I never used KTs kernel for AOSP. I heard it's amazing as well. So Imma Def tty it tonight for sure!

Reactions: 5FOOTER

Dolomitersm

Apr 11, 2012
Irvine

up_threshold = 57

Wow, ktoonsez I can second that using Slim Bean RC2.1 & your kernel with your recommended settings! I went to sleep last night at 58% and woke up this morning at 52%. It amazes me how you can keep improving on such a kick ass kernel!

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando

Early to tell but so far, this kernel is blowing all your earlier ones out of the water. Good job buddy. You have outdone yourself.

Sent from my badass Samsung Galaxy SIII.

JAG50

Apr 8, 2011

Ktoonsez,

Thanks to you guys for providing info on battery performance. I'm going to test this ASAP. Just two questions, are you guys testing this on stock (2100 mha) batteries? Can you post link to download slim beam?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

awillis111

May 10, 2012
Waxahachie, TX

Ktoonsez,

Thanks to you guys for providing info on battery performance. I'm going to test this ASAP. Just two questions, are you guys testing this on stock (2100 mha) batteries? Can you post link to download slim beam?

I'm personally using 4500mA Onite extended battery.

SlimBean can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35766276

I would suggest using the latest inverted gapps from Slimroms, also.

JAG50

Apr 8, 2011

Ktoonsez,

You know from our emails that I was testing other ROMs. I flashed early this week one released on 5 Feb (you know which one), and battery life was horrendous. It has several runaway processes, media being the worst and I was getting less than 8hrs of battery life. I nandroid my backup and installed yours and I'm already getting on day one twice as much.

Only question is: is flashing ASOP A any different than flashing TW ROMs? Any different steps?

Top Liked Posts