Post Your Note 10.1 Designs/Sketches

Search This thread

loribuono

Feb 22, 2011
thanks for replying :)

Yes I did , and It seems for the very first moments that It's the best thing I've ever touched on my NOTE ..

until like 10 minutes then it freezed and all my work has gone away .. :rolleyes:

It's unstable that much that you can't trust even " ONLY COLORING " in it ..
at least yet , I wish it gets a crazy big update that fixes everything ..

idk , I'll try to color with PS touch next , though I'm currently using SKP in painting ..

thanks again .. :good:

That's odd. I'm not having any problems with it.

I'm not a big fan of its brushes. Compared to Sketchbook Pro, they look "electronic." I find Sketchbook Pro comes really close to looking like actual pencil strokes, or charcoal, or whatever. But because of the awesome blending, I'm willing to tweak the brush settings a bit to get as close as I can to looking more authentic.

Reactions: xMimyx

donec

Aug 21, 2012
Have you tried Infinite Painter? It's missing a couple of things I'd like (ability to save custom colors and brushes, but they've incorporated saving colors in Infinite Design, so maybe it's coming soon), but it's got a pretty decent blending tool.
They say that Infinite Painter offers a dedicated blend button, but I can't find it. Any one know where it is?

Chocu1a

Sep 16, 2011
Quick zombie sketch using sketchbook pro

ehe3a4u8.jpg

Mikest1978

Oct 24, 2011
They say that Infinite Painter offers a dedicated blend button, but I can't find it. Any one know where it is?

Its actually a combination of the two brush sliders on the left. Its been a while since I've fired up infinite painter but I think its the second circle from the left. I know theres some tutorials by the dev on youtube.

Reactions: donec

plebianJay

Jul 13, 2011
los angeles
Question: How do i export a pic from Clover paint as I can't seem to find an export button?

In the main painting window, select: tools->file. Then to the left of that select: file->export. From there, pick what you want. If you've been using infinite canvas, exporting the entire image will take a while and give a very large image. I think I did one that was like 7k x 5k pixels.
Hope this helps!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jeriz

Aug 28, 2010
cloverpaint just uppdated and now orientation of icons works... :)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using XDA Premium HD app

spiralpen

Jul 11, 2011
Trying to learn perspective, so difficult ;( love my note 10.1 though for being so easy to use when attempting to learn something.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360779488408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360779488408.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 296

JonnyRoBato

Feb 14, 2013
The Mountains
Just got a note 10.1 at costco for $429.99 .............woohoo. :) So far, so awesome! I have not drawn anything since highschool art class....lol. So I decided to give it a whirl while half asleep from insomnia and this is what I came up with.....lol Kind of strange, but I just let the stylus guide me. Not the same as using paper, from what I can remember. It is fun though and may motivate me to draw more or at all.....here it is, my first post, first drawing, all out in the open .........lol

Oh and thanks to all for previous knowledge gained over the years of lurking.

Edit:Not sure why, but image is upside down.......lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using some Abba-Zaba, some Funions, a diabetic hoarse and the squirral master.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360866050224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360866050224.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

xMimyx

Apr 26, 2012
Trying to learn perspective, so difficult ;( love my note 10.1 though for being so easy to use when attempting to learn something.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

I understand how it's ..

Just reading about perspective gives me a huge headache !
I think I need to give it a go later ..

through yo may find pictured and visualised tutorials and references so useful .. =)

jchammerpants

Aug 22, 2012
Recommendations on getting started?

First-- the sketches on this thread are AMAZING. Its hard to believe they were all done with the GNote, they are so detailed. Awesome.

My wife is very artistic with oil paints, air brush, body painting, face painting, professional makeup, latex prosthetic makeup, etc. She is just overflowing with artistic ability. I've showed her some of the sketches on this forum, and she is blown away. She has an iPad which she loves, but is realizing what potential the digitizer on the GNote unlocks for artists.

Having said that, can I ask for some recommendations to give her on getting started? She has done almost no sketching on PCs or tablets, but she is fairly computer savvy.

Pros and cons of different software? I have all the stock software of course, including S-Note. I also have Sketchbook Pro which I think I picked up on sale from the Play store at some point.

Tips on figuring out how to use the overwhelming number of tools and options?

All help is greatly appreciated. If she starts sketching, I promise we'll post some of her work.

JC

jeremyholton

May 11, 2011
Best sketching and painting apps I have found

First-- the sketches on this thread are AMAZING. Its hard to believe they were all done with the GNote, they are so detailed. Awesome.

My wife is very artistic with oil paints, air brush, body painting, face painting, professional makeup, latex prosthetic makeup, etc. She is just overflowing with artistic ability. I've showed her some of the sketches on this forum, and she is blown away. She has an iPad which she loves, but is realizing what potential the digitizer on the GNote unlocks for artists.

Having said that, can I ask for some recommendations to give her on getting started? She has done almost no sketching on PCs or tablets, but she is fairly computer savvy.

Pros and cons of different software? I have all the stock software of course, including S-Note. I also have Sketchbook Pro which I think I picked up on sale from the Play store at some point.

Tips on figuring out how to use the overwhelming number of tools and options?

All help is greatly appreciated. If she starts sketching, I promise we'll post some of her work.

JC

I am a professional artist and I have had my Note 10.1 for about 3 months now. I have made extensive use over several years of Photoshop and Corel Painter with a digitizer pad under Windows. I have tried many sketching and painting apps on the Note and most of them are weak. By far the best are the "Infinite" apps by Sean Brakefield.

Infinite Design is vector based and is great for sketching. I have used it successfully for logo design as well.

Infinite Painter is a powerful raster based painting app.

Inspire Stream Is really good for image browsing and bookmarking the images you are interested in.

I have to say that the UI of the apps took me a while to get used to and I have had the occasional crash. I emailed Sean about a problem I had and he responded within a few hours.

What amazed me is that one guy can produce such powerful apps while the apps from the big guys including Adobe are pathetic

Of course none of the apps are as good as Photoshop and Painter under Windows but being able to sketch where I like rather than sitting at a PC makes all the difference.

A bit off topic, but I have found Snapseed on my Note to be as good as Photoshop for tarting up photos. I believe Google bought Nik the makers of Snapseed so I am hoping for some really good free graphics products coming out of Google in the future

Top Liked Posts