[APP] Sms Enhancer Pop Up Jelly Bean support updated March/13

Search This thread

_alex74_

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
thanks i apreciate i need update the OP but im sleepy right now, i never though all the code i read from aokp
EDITED: well now the "test notification" its working well :) i found the "bug" you can test it as well

trolololol :good::good::good:

excactly what i'm searching for and have embedded in previous ROM used, test notification is working, sended to myself a message via web, and marvellous

Some parts not translated in Italian, so i u need help just contact!

Big thanks

PS: ATM on Alliance v6.0 XWLS8 jelly bean 4.1.2

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
Re: [APP] Sms Enhancer Pop Up Jelly Bean support updated 09/November/12

trolololol :good::good::good:

excactly what i'm searching for and have embedded in previous ROM used, test notification is working, sended to myself a message via web, and marvellous

Some parts not translated in Italian, so i u need help just contact!

Big thanks

PS: ATM on Alliance v6.0 XWLS8 jelly bean 4.1.2

Yah any help in translation would be nice, drop me an email and I will send you the strings to translate :D

Enviado desde mi HTC One X

Reactions: _alex74_

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey Zen. Just saw you started up on your app again. I downloaded the apk you posted and have been testing it out. The only issues I see right now is 1, the notification doesn't disappear after replying from the notification. I believe you said that yourself. And 2, when I get one message, it always says "2 unread messages". I dont know if this is because I am texting myself. I will know more when I get a message from someone else.

Also, as more of a request, is it possible to either put a "Read" button in the notification that will dismiss the notification and mark the message as read or maybe just mark the message as read when the notification is swiped away. Either one would be a useful addition. Good job so far. I will continue testing. :good:

Update: I have received a message from someone else and the "2 unread messages" still appears in the notification. Even though there is only one. Also, when testing out if quick reply worked and all, I missed an important part. There is no actual text message in the notification or the quick reply box. So you dont know what you are replying to unless you open the app.

Disclaimer - So far this has all been with the notifications only. I havent enabled the pop up yet. I will be testing that out next but I am sure that will be good as it has been in the past.

Update 2: Scratch what I said about the first update. I turned on the popup and when I got a message I was able to see the second message it was trying to tell me about. It was a message I had already read yesterday though. I marked it read and now, instead of saying "2 unread messages", it shows the message in the notification.

Last edited:

_alex74_

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
Yah any help in translation would be nice, drop me an email and I will send you the strings to translate :D

Right man Drop PM right now....

Here are few screens

sms1.png
sms2.png

tested fully, app is very good, when the screen is locked in off, sometimes pop-up do not appear over lock screen, but u get the notification,
most of the time turns on the screen showing the pop-up msg,(first screen)
Beautiful is that you have seme in notification area!!!

:good::good::good::good:

Perfect man, waiting ur mail:D

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
Hey Zen. Just saw you started up on your app again. I downloaded the apk you posted and have been testing it out. The only issues I see right now is 1, the notification doesn't disappear after replying from the notification. I believe you said that yourself. And 2, when I get one message, it always says "2 unread messages". I dont know if this is because I am texting myself. I will know more when I get a message from someone else.

Also, as more of a request, is it possible to either put a "Read" button in the notification that will dismiss the notification and mark the message as read or maybe just mark the message as read when the notification is swiped away. Either one would be a useful addition. Good job so far. I will continue testing. :good:

Update: I have received a message from someone else and the "2 unread messages" still appears in the notification. Even though there is only one. Also, when testing out if quick reply worked and all, I missed an important part. There is no actual text message in the notification or the quick reply box. So you dont know what you are replying to unless you open the app.

Disclaimer - So far this has all been with the notifications only. I havent enabled the pop up yet. I will be testing that out next but I am sure that will be good as it has been in the past.

Update 2: Scratch what I said about the first update. I turned on the popup and when I got a message I was able to see the second message it was trying to tell me about. It was a message I had already read yesterday though. I marked it read and now, instead of saying "2 unread messages", it shows the message in the notification.

not sure about 2 sms maybe you are right its because you send to yourself LOL, and yeah ATM the quick reply will not, clear notification bar and will not remove the popup (ATM) i just want to know if the notification bar and overall works well, since i change a lot of code (not visible) but i need get a broadcast and a lot of work to do and i guess i will drop support from Gingerbread to use new API's its a pain the compatibility :S
and i can get better visual enhancements :p

Right man Drop PM right now....

Here are few screens

sms1.png
sms2.png

tested fully, app is very good, when the screen is locked in off, sometimes pop-up do not appear over lock screen, but u get the notification,
most of the time turns on the screen showing the pop-up msg,(first screen)
Beautiful is that you have seme in notification area!!!

:good::good::good::good:

Perfect man, waiting ur mail:D
the problem in screen off its a "Bug" or well depreceated library on JB i was using Keyguard Manager, but isnt working well in JB and ICS, i need to recreate fragments to unlock and wake up the sreen easier and battery friendly with new "window flags" like i said i will fix this all minor bugs because i figure out its cause from depreceated libraries :(
thx for texting meanwhile you can drop some ideas or bug reports here (or code google better, even when i abondend the web lol)
just a side note i will be on vacations from 2 feb to 10 feb so i will be out of town i will continue reading pehaps maybe i will not update until i get back :)
Regards

Reactions: _alex74_

trestevenson

Oct 21, 2010
I haven't run into any issues with the latest beta release, other than the ones already mentioned. The app seems to run a little better than before, although it could just be the placebo effect.

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com

I haven't run into any issues with the latest beta release, other than the ones already mentioned. The app seems to run a little better than before, although it could just be the placebo effect.

Well could be placebo LOL, but could be that really deprecated libraries really works well on pre honeycomb, seems new libraries it's a must use to avoid problems into new apps, that happen of you remember in contacts settings, some of you noticed a fc selecting contacts and that was because original project was using a deprecated library :D anyways I hope all is ruining well :D
Btw here is an image where am I xD
qD9UTvQA

Last edited:

joebrit

Jul 13, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
Realme GT
Mmmmm so all words match? Mmmm not sure, well if many want I can try,I stop it for a while because I need a new lap top someone stole mine U.u

Thanks. Maybe there is an existing regex engine to make it easy?

I have a problem now with the background image. It still appears if I turn the background image off; a really annoying "lights" image as well. A search turned up nothing. I am using v2.0 from the first post dropbox link. I was using the play store v2.2.2 but eventually the popups always stopped appearing (nothing to do with transparency though).

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
where to get the latest beta?

and is there a close all option? like if i have 20messages to check, can i use 1 click to close everything, instead of looking through all 20 notificiations

thanks!!

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
where to get the latest beta?

and is there a close all option? like if i have 20messages to check, can i use 1 click to close everything, instead of looking through all 20 notificiations

thanks!!
here its the latest beta (i need update the OP lol)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13378085/BetaApps/SmsENhancerJB2.apk
and i did before a "back button" will mark all messages as read but some users had some issues thats why i removed but i guess i will implement again :p

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Google pulled the app from the Play Store for one reason or another. Currently it's only available via this thread, but Zen is working on getting it back on the market. As far as I know, SMS Enhancer is still under development.

Wow, I missed that, thanks for the heads-up! I need to get a new version now... lol, I've been waiting for a Play Store update reading about the changes here... duh! :eek:

guys i had bad news :( google ban me from play store :( so the only access from my app will be here, and seems i cant upload anymore sms enhancer :(

Have you tried resubmitting or did they ban your dev account?!?!?!? :eek:

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
Google pulled the app from the Play Store for one reason or another. Currently it's only available via this thread, but Zen is working on getting it back on the market. As far as I know, SMS Enhancer is still under development.
thanks and yeah im banned

Wow, I missed that, thanks for the heads-up! I need to get a new version now... lol, I've been waiting for a Play Store update reading about the changes here... duh! :eek:

Have you tried resubmitting or did they ban your dev account?!?!?!? :eek:
well yeah the thing its seems i cant upload sms enhancer anymore to play store Google ban me becuase "copyright" stuff, because i was using and "icon" and someone fill a DMCA and i had 2 strikes since i uploaded a wifi unlocker app so second was the wwe wallpapers (lol my gf ask for it) and i had 2 strikes the 3th not sure why, i remove everything that could cause problem. in the end google send me a email telling me i cant upload any app and i cant make other account because they will take down. so i read over internet and i saw people uploading same apps (different account) google take it down. so i will open another account ( i need get someone else credit card though) and i will upload new apps (not the old) but i will continue the development here, in fact i had free time and im working on it meanwhile i get beta tester for my other app lol.

TBH google take down your app no asking and no warnings so that a bummer they dont even explain anything :( but yeah you cand download the latest "beta" from here. actually its nice LOL and im thinking in get a nexus device... i like my hox but i cant test very well in other devices.

Reactions: djmcnz

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
thanks and yeah im banned

well yeah the thing its seems i cant upload sms enhancer anymore to play store Google ban me becuase "copyright" stuff, because i was using and "icon" and someone fill a DMCA and i had 2 strikes since i uploaded a wifi unlocker app so second was the wwe wallpapers (lol my gf ask for it) and i had 2 strikes the 3th not sure why, i remove everything that could cause problem. in the end google send me a email telling me i cant upload any app and i cant make other account because they will take down. so i read over internet and i saw people uploading same apps (different account) google take it down. so i will open another account ( i need get someone else credit card though) and i will upload new apps (not the old) but i will continue the development here, in fact i had free time and im working on it meanwhile i get beta tester for my other app lol.

TBH google take down your app no asking and no warnings so that a bummer they dont even explain anything :( but yeah you cand download the latest "beta" from here. actually its nice LOL and im thinking in get a nexus device... i like my hox but i cant test very well in other devices.

Thanks for the explanation and really sorry to hear that, I hope you eventually get it sorted...

Is beta signed with same key as old Play Store version or do I need to remove first?

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010

Works perfect on note 2. Thank you very much for an awesome application. I like this Better than glowfly. If you discontinued updates from this point I would still be happy with this app, but as everyone else would likely agree. I hope you continue development on it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

am2222

Mar 30, 2011
Najafabad|Isfahan
I had a problem in 2.0.3 I didnt test new version to see it is fixed or not..
When I tried to write my text directly in popup and send it it didnot senf delivery report to main sms app..I couldent find out that my text is deliverd or not:(

Iroberto

Feb 27, 2013
weird, mmm its anyway to reproduce this? or happens frequently? maybe you can get logcat? and you are using a custom rom?wich one?
so you want to choose holo and holo light? well i need chec my code but i guess this could be done, im styling from the manifest but i guess i can do it from the code as well :)
after i finish the quick reply and custom notification per contact i will try make this possible ;)

Hi Zen, really appreciate your great work! the functions you added to SMS POPUP are very useful. for the themes issue, i noted you already prepared the pictures in some folders (i got the v2.2.2), however i didn't find the settings menu.
BTW, i am from China, maybe i can help translate to Chinese as i saw only part of them were translated to Chinese, i guess the language pack was came from SMS POPUP's translation.

Big thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys how ar you?well im here to introduce you y new app,im starting in android development but im a user from android since a lot time.
    well i want to share this app, and wanting some feedback.
    this app its based on SMS Popup, but i added some "bugfix" and enhancemnts, and i add some features, its open source as well, perhaps im not sure how to put on code.google page :p but if anyone wants the code just tell me.
    this is the url im hoping any feedback, before leave a bad review please tell me any issue. thanks.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zenkun.smsenhancer
    UPDATE: my account was banned so isnt on the PLay anymore you can download the LATEST Version Here:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13378085/BetaApps/SmsENhancerJB2.apk

and i never manage a change log but as i remember this what "do" different from sms popup just FYI
    *emoticon support ( i need re write to copy as google did, but it works the emoticons)
    * keywords (hide sms body dependig of the words on sms, custom SMS that override original and move HTC secure inbox on sense 3.5+)
    *transparent popup ( i cant make this work on quick reply yet so wait a little)
    * contact photo on quick reply.
    * contact Photo on notification bar (Honeycomb and UP only due new API)
    * Custom Background Image ( i need validate the Size tho, larger img could crash the app)
    *remove or show ICS blue line
    * Change Font SIze
    *change Font Color
    and i dont remember well but maybe other features :)
    when i get stable version i will keep improving this with your thoughs.
    Thanks

OpenSource: here will be hosted the code. i will upload when i have time cheers
    http://code.google.com/p/sms-enhancer/

Quick%20Reply.png

2012-05-21_18-12-21.png

Choose%20Contact.png

Custom%20Message%20Settings.png

Quick%20Contact%20View.png

ZeN
    Can you translate the botton in notification bar in Italian?
    Call = Chiama
    Quick Reply = Risposta veloce
    sure

Hi Folks,

first let me thank the developer for this very usefull app, used it from the beginning without problems so far.

Yesterday i installed a new rom on my old desire and wanted to install sms enhancer, but, it seems that it doesn't exist any more, neither in play store nor at androidpit. Try it from every device i have, also from the computer, but it's gone!

What's going on?

Am i right that the apk in the first post is a little bit outdated as the content has dates from 02/2012?

Where to get the latest apk?

Thanks for any answer in advance.

this is the latest https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13378085/BetaApps/SmsENhancerJB2.apk
    i need update OP xD lack of time xD
    i want make a website for my apps but i dont have the skills for website :( i need read more :C thanks for using my app :D
    Look what I'm cooking :D

I'd also be more than happy to be a beta tester. Feel free to PM me the details whenever you need me to assist.
    thanks i apreciate i need update the OP but im sleepy right now, i never though all the code i read from aokp ,cyanogenmod for my app, and the hackaton make me undertsand better the code, i need update a LOT of things, i need reuse some code, Adam K did a great work, but the problem he use depreceated (now) api so i need re make in fragments and a lot of work :S custon icon notification and so on...
    well here its the first beta , i got an "issue" when i use "test notification" don't click here LOL until i figure out what happen , now this version supports call contact (im querying the database to try get "primary" number from that contact") and quick reply enabled ;) i tested and seems its working well.
    TODO:
    well i need a callback or broadcast or something to "update" the SMS popup so if you send quick reply using notification bar the pop up should dissapear right? well anyways can you try this beta? and let me know any issue?
    i work whole day updating the code and seems nothing its "broken" (yet) so let me know ;)
    regards.
    DOWNLOAD
    EDITED: well now the "test notification" its working well :) i found the "bug" you can test it as well
    hey guys... guess what? Emoticon feature!!!! heh
    well i wanna use "default" android emoticons, perhaps i want to heard advices :) custom icons not sure ATM tho maybe later. perhaps im kind excited for this feature LOL
    so any opinion? here is a Screenshot ;)
    ignore the language lol