[ROM] ParanoidAndroid 4+

Search This thread

hurdleman

Feb 18, 2008
Vilnius
a lot of people have problems, so they sd do not mount. In the search I didn't find an answer. How I can mount my external card?

D

Deleted member 4860695

After flashing this rom, I cannot connect anymore to my university's wifi (eduroam with EAP security). Strength of the signal is totally full, but when I want to connect, the strength goes to almost none and I cannot connect. Anyone who might have an idea?

little-vince

Jun 5, 2012
little-vince.github.io
After flashing this rom, I cannot connect anymore to my university's wifi (eduroam with EAP security). Strength of the signal is totally full, but when I want to connect, the strength goes to almost none and I cannot connect. Anyone who might have an idea?
Just keep trying. It happens to me as well.
The signal strength oscillates from max to like nothing but after a few retries it connects fine.

crankshaft

Jan 13, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Further to the battery problems, this is what a bulging battery does!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-05-13-23-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-05-13-23-17.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:

thomasvdalen90

Mar 4, 2012
Rotterdam
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.10 (Feb 25)

Let me make it very clear to u and anyone else who hasn't understood Pie correctly yet:
Pie is basically a combination of and replacement for the nav bar (back, home, recents, menu, search - based on how u configure) + status bar, in an entirely different, aesthetically appealing design. So if u have ur regular status bar and the nav bar, u can't have Pie. When u set nav bar size to 0% in PA prefs -> Interface, u are getting rid of the regular nav bar. Hence the nav bar part of Pie kicks in as a replacement; which is the "Bare" style of Pie, with only nav buttons. The status bar part of Pie will not be seen as the regular status bar still exists. Now, when u enable expanded desktop, the regular status bar is gone. Hence, the status bar part of Pie will also be available, replacing the now gone regular status bar. This what u have is the Pie in full glory!!! :)

And now, just as regular status bar would have given u access to notifications (slide down with 1 finger) and quick settings (slide down with 2 fingers), so will the: for quick settings trigger Pie and swipe diagonally northwest all the way crossing Pie border, and for notifications do the same northeast.

So there u have it! Everything is replaced. Nav buttons are available; All info that a status bar is supposed to show is shown; and u can also access notifs and quick settings. A wholesome replacement, and B E A U tiful!

In conclusion, there are 2 ways to use Pie:
1) Full Pie replacing both, regular status & nav bar. Simply enable expanded desktop to get this and configure Pie as u like in Pie settings
2) Partial Pie i.e Status bar + Pie.. replacing just the nav bar. Set Nav bar size to 0% and ensure expanded desktop is disabled.

Now don't ask if can have Nav bar + Pie:laugh:. U can't!

@BB, in case u think it's helpful to have this explanation on Pie in post #3, feel free to add it.

Please put in op

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

Reactions: elsendn

elsendn

Dec 30, 2011

is there a way in this rom to configure the power menue (reboot etc..) Can't seem to find the setting anymore?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

prasad.adam

Jul 7, 2010
Mumbai

This is a fantastic ROM. One of the very best. Only thing I miss is a palm rejection while writing. With that in, there is nowhere else to go.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

westy

Mar 3, 2003
Bucks
"sticky touch screen"

It's the only way I can describe how it feels.... I have the PIE locked to the bottom of the screen and when I slide my finger up from below the edge of the screen it appears beautifully however if I'm using the keyboard or interacting with other apps (tapping) at the bottom of the screen they don't always seem to respond....

Anybody else get this?

sweetsour

Jun 17, 2011
Maybe I missed something...but does anyone know what exactly the problem with including r3p1 drivers is? :confused: Folks at GS3 forums go crazy over the scores on benchmarks.

AA1973

Maybe this...
My build from this morning didn't have the last r3p1 mali blobs and everything is working fine. This afternoon i've been dealing with them but on every reboot i got a data wipe. Have to investigate it a little more.

So tonight i'll publish the version without the new mali drivers. Just in a while.

Enviat des des meu Durex7

Reactions: sweetsour

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is development thread. For discussion or questions go here

PEEK%20-%2003182014%20PNG%20RELEASE%20TEXT.png

This rom uses CM11.0 smdk4412 kernel

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. FACTORY RESET
    2. INSTALL ROM (MIRROR) and GAPPS
    3. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    4. REBOOT
    PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to aaronpoweruser
    to beerbong

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA,
    our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    CHANGELOG
    GIT
    GERRIThttp://bugtracker.androidninjas.com:8282/
    FAQ + HELP
    COMMUNITY

Known issues/bugs:

- FM Radio: unsupported
    - TV Out: unsupported, will never work (proprietary, undocumented)
    - You say...

FAQ and troubleshooting:

- How can I get this awesome pie thing to work?
    The "nav pie" is actually pretty easy to enable. It´s important that you set your device into immersive mode! There's a quick setting for that!
    From now on you can swipe up from the button (or any place where you set it to be) to get the pie!

- I can't find developer settings
    To activate developer settings, open Settings > About Phone & start tapping the "Build Number" (at the bottom). You'll see a countdown and then a message "You are now a Developer". Go back into settings main list, right above the "About Phone" you'll have "Developer Options".

- How can i make a screenshot?
    Vol. down + Power.

- How do i activate UMS?
    With the app Usb Switcher
    New build is up. Finally wifi tether is working.

So, it took me two months of reading code. I knew it had to do with the drivers but all this time i was looking in the wrong direction (to the kernel, not the framework). At the end it was just six lines of code that solved the problem. This commit did the trick.