Search This thread

gotjazz

Apr 10, 2011
downloading flashable zip - check
titanium backups in case of full wipe - check
downloading kernel - check
downloading 4.2.2 radio and bootloader - check

Feels like christmas :)

rebooting into recovery in 3 - 2 - 1....

nickownzya

Aug 20, 2010
AW: [ROM][AOSP] Primerunner

Really enjoying your ROM!
I tried it for the first time today and I'm still wondering why it is intended to hide the status bar clock.
Curious: Why do you prefer it like this?

Sent from mobile - excuse typos

smenes

Feb 20, 2012
uRRs softkeys

I was missing the "predator" softkeys by uRRS that were used in the first couple releases of this ROM. I attached a zip with the softkeys that can be easily made into a flashable update.zip and undo.zip in recovery with the ZipThemer app. Enjoy!

Attachments

• uRRs_softkeys.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 134

cpom1

May 25, 2011
Tried it out once with 4.2.1 on grouper. No problems encountered. On the other hand-> no guarantee on mako with 4.2.2. Would give it a try after performing a full backup via recovery.

What do you mean exactly with custom display settings?

Like the navbar stuff and im not sure if you have quicklock screen things...those stuff

btw i love the rom. the only thing i want is where the text messages popup on the screen and you can respond in anything your doing.

sotong

Sep 9, 2008
Just full wiped and flashed the latest. Noticed however on the dial pad, the t9 dialing keeps saying loading, but no contact names comes out. Anyone else having similar issues?

mrmarshall428

Aug 22, 2009
Providence
I was missing the "predator" softkeys by uRRS that were used in the first couple releases of this ROM. I attached a zip with the softkeys that can be easily made into a flashable update.zip and undo.zip in recovery with the ZipThemer app. Enjoy!

Could you let me know how I'd go about making a flash able zip in Zip Themer? Never used it before and not sure if I need to update edify I'm using TWRP

Sent from my Full JellyBean on Mako using Tapatalk 2

gotjazz

Apr 10, 2011

Hrm I just realized my device is now called full jelly bean on mako instead of Nexus 4.

Could this be why Franco's kernel app doesn't recognize it anymore?

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Could you let me know how I'd go about making a flash able zip in Zip Themer? Never used it before and not sure if I need to update edify I'm using TWRP

Sent from my Full JellyBean on Mako using Tapatalk 2
You need to update edify after you change Roms to avoid any issues. After that just go back, add the theme, and build it. Flash in recovery and viola!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

I am unable to change Quick Settings tile order.....It looks to be updating, restarts the UI and when its done they remain as the default ones.

Also, I now have superuser in 2 places, the built in plus the app. Can I uninstall the app without affecting the built in?

gotjazz

Apr 10, 2011
Yes. Just change it in your build.prop and it will work again :)

thanks - I'll play around with it - I don't know which values to revert but I have a default build.prob here and I'll experiment

edit: apparently
ro.product.model=Nexus 4
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=occam
does the trick :)

now the only thing left before I'm in android heaven is getting location reporting via wifi (in foursquare) to work again. Foursquare reports location service to be off although everything is clearly on. Seeing as I updated the radio too and this update is supposed to break all kinds of sensors on 4.2.1 Roms and primerunner is 4.2.2 now that makes me wonder if maybe it's just a build.prob issue too.
On the other hand I know way too little about the whole thing to know which entries I could try changing....

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Did some more research - seems like updated binary blobs are needed for the sensors to work with the newest radio - is everything up-to-date in primerunner in that regard?

Last edited:
Reactions: freerunner

kptnk

Apr 15, 2011
Paris
I have these two issues as well : QS are not applying changes, even after reboot. And Location Services have issues too, in Google Now especially.

I have 4.2.2 radio, and just to be sure i flashed a "Fix sensors" zip which i found when 4.2.2 was released, and location still doesn't work properly.

So i assume there's a problem with the Build...

gotjazz

Apr 10, 2011

I have these two issues as well : QS are not applying changes, even after reboot. And Location Services have issues too, in Google Now especially.

I have 4.2.2 radio, and just to be sure i flashed a "Fix sensors" zip which i found when 4.2.2 was released, and location still doesn't work properly.

Actually I found that the sensor fix is part of the problem. I tried that too earlier but soon reflashed the rom because wifi didn't work anymore. Now wifi and qs work just fine again - the only problem is the location stuff. (even though maps works just fine - just no other location app)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota

I didnt even notice the location issue.....thats a deal breaker for me till its fixed.

freerunner

Oct 10, 2009
gitorious.org
Really enjoying your ROM!
I tried it for the first time today and I'm still wondering why it is intended to hide the status bar clock.
Curious: Why do you prefer it like this?
I love having a big clock widget on my homescreen. Renders the status bar clock useless imho.

btw i love the rom. the only thing i want is where the text messages popup on the screen and you can respond in anything your doing.
Do you mean the behaviour of the CM mms.apk? Would SMS Popup be a solution for you?

Just full wiped and flashed the latest. Noticed however on the dial pad, the t9 dialing keeps saying loading, but no contact names comes out. Anyone else having similar issues?
T9 dialer runs fine here. It does indeed take a while to scan all the contacts on the first run.

Hrm I just realized my device is now called full jelly bean on mako instead of Nexus 4.
Could this be why Franco's kernel app doesn't recognize it anymore?
True. Slipped through my fingers. Fixed in the next build.

I am unable to change Quick Settings tile order.....It looks to be updating, restarts the UI and when its done they remain as the default ones.

Also, I now have superuser in 2 places, the built in plus the app. Can I uninstall the app without affecting the built in?
1) there's no QS customization yet in the current build.
2) yes, just purge SuperSU or whatever is left on your device. Downgrading the market updates prior to installation would have had the same effect.

I didnt even notice the location issue.....thats a deal breaker for me till its fixed.
+1
Didn't realize it until today when I wanted to get a weather forecast. Top prioritity for me to fix it. Apologies.

KashMiester

Apr 13, 2011
Is there a way of applying custom themes?

Sent from my Full JellyBean on Mako using my fingers

JmPTaz09

Mar 2, 2011
Schaumburg
All is well with today's build free freerunner, silky smooth as usual. Location is fixed. Testing it out with the latest Trinity 110 kernel, thanks for the release. :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Encouraged by the people in the Trinity Four Thread, I'd like to present the Primerunner on XDA. It aims to be a simple and lightweight rom based on AOSP. Stability is also of critical concern to me. Should be usable as a daily driver.

It was initially built -with fun in mind- for my friends and me, but I was persuaded to share it, so here you are.

Some features of the rom
    • Primerunner^TM navbar - automatic layout change from 3 to 4 buttons
    • enhanced QuickSettings with support for long-press/click
    • pulling notifications in the top-right corner opens QS
    • custom bootanimation by uRRs
    • custom navbar icons by uRRs (moved to a separate zipthemer addon)
    • custom wallpapers by buddhalou
    • Koush's Superuser
    • enhanced power menu, only visible if unlocked
    • notification led customization
    • theme engine
    • minimal options
    • loads of bugfixes and optimizations "under the hood"
    • built from source
    • bull****-free

Extras

Still some things to do...
    • various cosmetics, theming
    • own settings front-end for QS, sync tile
    • move wallpaper contributions to own apk done
    • persistent Primerunner navbar mode ;)
    • other things i probably don't remember

Shout-outs
    for keeping their source open all the time. Couldn't have learned so much how things work in Android without them:
    • everyone living out the open-source philosophy, especially
    • the Evervolv team
    • the CyanogenMod team
    • the AOKP team
    • the Trinity/Rasbean team
    • and Sparksco

Instructions
    • download and flash via recovery (gapps already included)
    • flash your favorite kernel afterwards, if applicable
    • if you're coming from another rom, perform a wipe first
    • it is rumored that a wipe is not always needed, but this is unsupported here ;)

Complete history
    Primerunner sources (usually updated in due time)

Downloads
    Get Primerunner within the thread, via Rom Manager or here:
    Primerunner mirror by @Carlbark (1000 thanks!)
    Primerunner roms (thx waxxweasel)

Kernal Downloads
    Primerunner kernels (thx to waxxweasel)

Feel free to request features, but be aware that I won't include them necessarily if I don't see a reason.

New versions are released whenever I find spare time to work on the rom (or if a critical bug is fixed).

Enjoy!

Sneaky preview.. =)
    2e5u6amu.jpg

Signatures are overrated. Sent from my Nexus Four via Tapatalk.
    No problem. If you have any questions or problems with the ROM builds feel free to contract me.

Thank you sir, that's awesome! :)

Finally succeeded:
    Primerunner (mako) themes/linaro/gcc49 2013-05-19 (dropbox)
    Primerunner (mako) themes/linaro/gcc49 2013-05-19 (rapidshare)

Mini-changelog:
    • lots of patches by Linaro and sparksco to make it build with gcc 4.9
    • tweaked pull-down notifications according to this by @Mr.Nigma...
    • lots of bug fixes to aosp

Kernel is still stock prebuilt, which means no special gcc goodness for the kernel. Flash sparksco's or your custom kernel of choice (Trinity for example is also built with a recent toolchain).

Found no bugs so far, but I just tried it some hours. I'm not going to push this release via RomManager unitl it's running stable for a day or two. Btw, for the one that has problems with it, double-checked twice that Daydream is working fine.

If you experience some errors, feel free to report here.
    New build is up on my blog.

Primerunner 2013-02-11:
    • probably fixed: navbar (lights out mode) button margins
    • QS: dedicated drawable for screen-off tile
    • QS: use old drawable for ringer_mode: vibrate
    • settings: translations for Quiet Hours (de/fr/it/es/nl/pt, partly done by gandharva)
    • framework: translations for powermenu (de/fr/it/es/nl/pt)
    • feature: hide usb debugging symbol (switchable in dev settings)
    • fixed: pressing of volume btn doesn't wake device anymore
    • fixed: menu button in landscape now has a proper blue icon
    • build: speed up build, omit signing the update.zip
    • change: stock blue navbar icons as default (consistent look until statusbar theming is complete)
    • feature: allow user-installed apps to be deactivated
    • media: new wallpaper by me ;)
    • probably something I've forgotten
    • more detailed informartion as usual on my gitorious project

Mako build is currently being uploaded. Grouper & maguro will follow tomorrow. Time for a nap now. :)

Started merging JOP40G code.

Signatures are overrated. Sent from my Nexus Four via Tapatalk.