Jelly Bean for Xperia P, U, Sola & Go Discussion

Search This thread
M

maazdraco

That's the thing Nexus 7 has never gone before jellybean so you wouldnt know if it would run any slower. But, I guess it does have some positive effect on the overall system. But, mostly it's like a placebo effect.

+1 It doesn't make much difference.
It's just a ram management process or service or... well... you know what I mean... :p

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

CrazyXperiaA

Dec 9, 2012
Toronto
I'm not saying speed is the same, they do stick the frames to 60ps so it's going to be fast. But not fast so that suddenly you'll be playing games you couldn't play on previous versions.

nightcrawlerbr

Dec 28, 2010
Santo Ângelo
Project Butter uses tripple buffering, vsync and movement prediction, so it seems "smoother" (when in fact the same operations are being done), it also uses more processing for the screen when its needed, so you don't get any lag from transitions and animations.

Along with better RAM use and optimized code (Google always invest some time in it), its a better user experience, but you apps won't load faster, you won't be able to play that 3d game that never could run on your phone because of this.

Most ports don't have full butter effect (specially exynos ones), and RAM optimization of course gives you a boost, but its not a miracle, people saying "gosh, my phone is flying now" are just victims of placebo effect. The screen wont flicker as much, but it will still take the same time to load, and your battery of course will suffer from the speed ups for processing the interface.

MrIcka

Jan 24, 2011
Really hope that the JB update will be ready in time for the summer... and I hope they will remove som of the Bloatware

Xperia TL is receiving JB update right now. Next is Xperia P.....

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

I hope say and also find a way to root JB with locked bootloader, and i hope that our JB is better then that from Xperia J because that JB looks horrible in my opinion.

Really hope that the JB update will be ready in time for the summer... and I hope they will remove som of the Bloatware

Yes ofcourse;)
You can easily uninstall bloatware with roit uninstaller like i do but you must know sure what you delete :)

..[ Pandemic Quote..:: Face Your Insanity !!
Sent From My Own Modded Xperia P

ZN6

Oct 29, 2011
N/A
Hope JB update comes next week as starting from 30 march, I will be offline and cant update my phone until June:(
I had to attend a program, we called it PLKN(search on net).
So, atleast you guys can still "taste" it early if Sony delay the update.
If they release it early, atleast I know what the content will we get on the update.

via Tapatalk.

bhushan2k

Sep 15, 2012
Mumbai
I hope say and also find a way to root JB with locked bootloader, and i hope that our JB is better then that from Xperia J because that JB looks horrible in my opinion.

Jelly bean on novathors (at least on xperia P, don't know about xperia Go having less ram and smaller screen specs) will definitely be better than what xperia j received.. I just doubt about small apps and new task switcher n new camera features.. Nevermind.. Our devs are great n will port all xperia jb functionality to our device once again like they did on ics.. ;)

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
About xperia j:
Did you ever look at this phones ics rom? It is the same as xperia11 ics. This phone never had the nxt ui, why should it have now? I think p/go will get the launcher, lockscreen and the new themes from z but maybe not small apps..

Sent from my Xperia Sola using xda app-developers app

parthsony2000

Sep 26, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 9 Pro
Jelly bean on novathors (at least on xperia P, don't know about xperia Go having less ram and smaller screen specs) will definitely be better than what xperia j received.. I just doubt about small apps and new task switcher n new camera features.. Nevermind.. Our devs are great n will port all xperia jb functionality to our device once again like they did on ics.. ;)

i hope you are right.:good:

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
About xperia j:
Did you ever look at this phones ics rom? It is the same as xperia11 ics. This phone never had the nxt ui, why should it have now? I think p/go will get the launcher, lockscreen and the new themes from z but maybe not small apps..

Sent from my Xperia Sola using xda app-developers app

That's okay. What's not there will get ported over :cowboy:

ok i hope trully so and yes your right about that about the small apps and new task switches, Xperia P can handle that with easy, but we shall see what Sony brings to us Xperia P users ;)

naszrudd

Dec 1, 2012
Hope JB update comes next week as starting from 30 march, I will be offline and cant update my phone until June:(
I had to attend a program, we called it PLKN(search on net).
So, atleast you guys can still "taste" it early if Sony delay the update.
If they release it early, atleast I know what the content will we get on the update.

via Tapatalk.

so u are from malaysia.
:highfive:

ryukaiser

Oct 25, 2012

Yes ofcourse;)
You can easily uninstall bloatware with roit uninstaller like i do but you must know sure what you delete :)

..[ Pandemic Quote..:: Face Your Insanity !!
Sent From My Own Modded Xperia P
maybe Root with like XZ method? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just updated my Xperia P and made an ftf. It's my first post so I can't post outside links. I uploaded "Xperia P LT22_6.2.A.0.400_1261-3236.ftf" on mega an this is the final part of the URL -
    Code:
     #!usQWCBhT!JbwbhnpvcqusERPUEyRStDZlDMB1KvFplqhf0Cy3Tak
    Thread closed. There is a chance that it will be opened again when Jellybean arrives to your phones. No other discussion threads are permitted.
    Thanks for attention.
    Q- Will my phone get jelly bean update?
    A- xperia p and Xperia go users will get official jb

Q- when is the update scheduled?
    A- this week (end of march)

Q - Will I get new media apps?
    A- most probably yes

Q- will bluetooth b really updated to 3.0 ?
    A- yes via a firmware update it will b updated to 3.0

Q- will developers port jellybean to xperia u and sola?
    A- yes we have very good developers

Q - I have sola / xu wid locked bootloader, will I be able to run ported jelly bean?
    A- most probably no until a workaround is developed for kernel.

Q - will I get 3.4 kernel?
    A- yes (most probably)

Q- I am a samsung fanboy, should I post here in this thread ?
    A- yes please and get reported for spamming.

Any more questions??? Can we plz add this to op to avoid unnecessary questions which have already been answered 100 times??
    JB will come sooner than you expect.
    Anymore spam and this thread and all like it get locked.
    Go whine to Sony, don't do it on XDA.