Facebook doing something funky

Search This thread

bluizzo

Anyone have or know what's that Facebook (build 140579) is? Just popped up awhile ago

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363201840842.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363201840842.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,079
Reactions: lscheres

michaelo147

Feb 17, 2010
I held the notification until it said App info, then it took me to the download manager where I did a 'force stop' and then it went away.....then came back : /

but then I cleared the download manager data and it seemed to work.

Bob_Beard

Feb 1, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Ditto

Yeah, same here. Pretty fishy since I don't have auto updates turned on. Just noticed it running in my notifications. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic 4 G Touch) on Sprint. This thread was the only mention of "Facebook (build 140579)" that Google turned up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-13-15-21-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-13-15-21-05.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:

mannyloona

May 2, 2009
Looks like it has something to do with Google Music app. When I force quit it, it stopped my music. When I kicked my music back on, it started trying to download it again.

Droid-Eye

Dec 19, 2010
It's the Download Manager

Looks like it has something to do with Google Music app. When I force quit it, it stopped my music. When I kicked my music back on, it started trying to download it again.

The app you're Force Stopping is Download Manager. Among other things, it handles the streams for music, video, etc. That's why it's affecting (and being affected by) apps like Play Music.

Cerides

Dec 13, 2012
Same on my DNA. I did the force stop on the download manager as well. Facebook must just be screwing with our privacy again!

kick069

Jun 24, 2010
same thing just happened on my s3, i let it do whatever it was for a few but then decided to clear the data and force stop. Odd little thing no one seems to know what its doing.

lscheres

Mar 20, 2011
????

Same here, restarted phone and it still keeps coming back. Can't find anything online about it. VZW Galaxy Nexus Running Paranoid Android 3.0 with AK dummy kernal

tizzoph

Jul 25, 2010
Talkatone

I got this Facebook download notification when I booted talkatone. I'm not sure how they are related.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ya even I had such an issue on my s3.... what I did to stop is:

1.Get into settings
    2. Application manager
    3. Openn Download manager
    4. Clear data and then force stop.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium
    This is a behind-the-scenes update that Facebook is pushing to the Facebook app. Unfortunately it's not properly downloading for everyone so just go into your app drawer, select Downloads app, select Other Downloads tab, check the facebook download from that list and select to delete it. Hopefully it will push a working update at a later time.
    Yeah, mine's doing the same thing on my s3. It's annoying and I can't get rid of it.

I got rid of it by long-pressing on it, going to App Info, and force-stopping the service. I don't know what it was, but I didn't like it.

EDIT: It was actually Downloads, not Facebook, that I ultimately force-stopped.
    Anyone have or know what's that Facebook (build 140579) is? Just popped up awhile ago

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Yeah, mine's doing the same thing on my s3. It's annoying and I can't get rid of it.

I just got it. 30 min ago. Tried uninstalling FB no dice. Can not clear notification icon.