[L5][E610/E612] Discussion thread for Official CM10 Nightlies

Search This thread

nhtbrink

Mar 5, 2013
Gouda
You should install using the official CWM from the first page. Go back to the stock firmware, re-root, unlock the bootloader, install Rom Manager and let it install CWM 6.0.2.8.

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app

KUMAS1N

Nov 4, 2012
Camera is app terrible, sd card cant be mounted, these are problems i noticed first..
L5 lcd is really shi*ty, black colour is more gray than black, so it looks really cheap with this rom installed..

thats my personal opinion

Last edited:

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
Camera is app terrible, sd card cant be mounted, these are problems i noticed first..
L5 lcd is really shi*ty, black colour is more gray than black, so it looks really cheap with this rom installed..

thats my personal opinion
Camera work normal for me.

On my phone the external sd card is mounted. You can even access it with the default CM file manager, although it's a bit hidden. When you open file manager you see three
button in the lower right corner, press the one in the middle (with a star on it). You'll see internal as well as external sd card there.
If you were referring to the lack of ability to install apps to external SD... there isn't any ROM with native support for this ability available for our phones as far as I know.

Graphic are indeed not good right now. Try again when more build were released. It will become better at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: seises

KUMAS1N

Nov 4, 2012
i must admit, phone is working 2x faster really..
I don't like camera app couse "view screen" is really small, design is bad (i am talking only for camera)
edit: I forgot to mention, there is no support for serbian latin, only for cyrilic, and there is no predictive input for serbian language also.. that would really help

I tried to access to memory card like /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, but it just return me in /mnt/sdcard/. I am new to android, but i am senior on linux.

Keep your work! You have my support :laugh:

Last edited:

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
i must admit, phone is working 2x faster really..
I don't like camera app couse "view screen" is really small, design is bad (i am talking only for camera)
edit: I forgot to mention, there is no support for serbian latin, only for cyrilic, and there is no predictive input for serbian language also.. that would really help

I tried to access to memory card like /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, but it just return me in /mnt/sdcard/. I am new to android, but i am senior on linux.

Keep your work! You have my support :laugh:

It's not my work ;)

I thought you meant that the camera wasn't working properly. Haha. There is a lot of wasted space in the camera app. I can live with it, as long as it takes pictures, but I can imagine some people can't stand it.

Lack of support for your native language is also a big downer. I think CM is responsible for these two things, not the dev of Optimus L-series. Maybe you can better wait for other roms, which could be based on CM10. I read somewhere that someone wanted to port MIUI to Optimus L5

New Nightly can be downloaded by torrent, by browser dowload leight is 0b.

It isn't downloading by torrent for me and I also get a zero byte file from the direct link. I also tried other browsers.
EDIT: Found a mirror on 4pda.ru: http://disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=aSkRODynS9uPWY2mboxyNY4yrro4A6EUYAU99ma6mEQ=
Press the blue button

Last edited:

nhtbrink

Mar 5, 2013
Gouda
For anyone who is annoyed by the bad picture quality on CM10, installing the Bravia 2 engine improves the screen slightly. You can install the Bravia 2 engine using Pimp my Rom.

Reactions: dev-DaT

Chahat16

Dec 29, 2012
Delhi
Downloaded the 4th nightly..
placed it on my internal sdcard and flashed via lastest CWM 6.0.2.8 ...
Still in bootloop..
i had installed the pinkflozd kernel so i dont think the bootloader unlock is incorrect...
also had wiped the3 dalvic cache and cache before flashing..
what to do :/

Edit: read in some places that the first boot takes long... how long ??

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Downloaded the 4th nightly..
placed it on my internal sdcard and flashed via lastest CWM 6.0.2.8 ...
Still in bootloop..
i had installed the pinkflozd kernel so i dont think the bootloader unlock is incorrect...
also had wiped the3 dalvic cache and cache before flashing..
what to do :/

Edit: read in some places that the first boot takes long... how long ??

here, you probably didn't took the right bootloader...:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2186161.
and if that doesnt work; factory reset.
!tip! : you can also place the CM on your external SD.

Last edited:

Chahat16

Dec 29, 2012
Delhi
This is what i am facing today..

my phone always was e-612... but why does it say e-610 when i connect to lappie..m on unofficial chacha ivanovs 10b firmware..
also i am having huge problems today,. the pinkflodz kernel which worked perfectly for me earlier isnt working now...
i had to flash my phone as i was stuck in a cyanogen mod loop.... i have tried both bootloader unlocks because of the above stated dillema... he e-610 didnt work at all ...said boot certification failed....e612 worked and i installed CWM...
but as soon as i install the pinkflodz kernel it starts bootlooping...
i am fed up  
what should i do now...
i want the overclocked kernel...life was easy with it..

Thrown From A Black Hole.

Last edited:

wesley18

Mar 13, 2013
East
Hi,

I noticed that once the screen goes black (sleep) and i press the HOME button it won't go to the unlock screen...
Going to the unlock screen only works when i press the power button or the volume button

Anyone else having this problem?

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
This is what i am facing today..

my phone always was e-612... but why does it say e-610 when i connect to lappie..m on unofficial chacha ivanovs 10b firmware..
also i am having huge problems today,. the pinkflodz kernel which worked perfectly for me earlier isnt working now...
i had to flash my phone as i was stuck in a cyanogen mod loop.... i have tried both bootloader unlocks because of the above stated dillema... he e-610 didnt work at all ...said boot certification failed....e612 worked and i installed CWM...
but as soon as i install the pinkflodz kernel it starts bootlooping...
i am fed up  
what should i do now...
i want the overclocked kernel...life was easy with it..

Thrown From A Black Hole.
There are 2 versions of his kernel. One for stock(based) rom and one for CM. Did you install the right kernel?

I think you can fix the bootloops if you reinstall cm, because it will restore the kernel to the default cm10-kernel.

You can install an overclocked kernel after that, by using v0.32 from PinkFlozd's thread

ldeleeuw

Mar 15, 2011
Hi,

I noticed that once the screen goes black (sleep) and i press the HOME button it won't go to the unlock screen...
Going to the unlock screen only works when i press the power button or the volume button

It's by design. You can change it by editing single line in some file (Info shared by Brez)

I created a flashable zip to do that for you (see attachment)

Attachments

• WakeWithHomeAndPower_signed.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 8,579
  • WakeWithPowerOnly_signed.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 190

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

It's by design. You can change it by editing single line in some file (Info shared by Brez)

I created a flashable zip to do that for you (see attachment)
    Hey, i have e610 cm10 with pinkflozd kernel on 4.14 update... because i really like overclocked cpu. The problem is that, i cant install any google app. no maps, no drive and things like that. i have installed gapps.rar for google apps. i only have gmail and search bar from google and thats all. I know maybe it would be better if i install latest nightly update but then i dont have overclocked cpu :/
    and yes it only writes that my phone is not compatible with this app.

you can try this kernel on newer cm10, it's overclocked upto 1ghz
    By example of this thread, I thought it would be convenient to also create a separate thread for our L5. I will update this first post with relevant information and links when needed.

Info
    CyanogenMod's site: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/
    Announcement on Google+ by CM: link
    Screenshots by luKi13223: link
    Screenshots by Sirrocco with dpi lowered to 130 and theme applied: link

Requirements

Downloads
    Nightlies started building. You can get the latest build from http://get.cm/?device=e610 OR http://10.cmxlog.com/?device=e610
    CWM Recovery by Ricardo Cerqueira (CyanogenMod): Direct download. Alternatively you can download the flashable zip provided in the attachment, it's the same, but easier to install if you already had a recovery installed.
    Google Apps (GAPPS) for Jelly Bean/CM10: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Short Installations guide
    1. Make sure you meet the requirements
    2. Download needed files (see above) and place them on your internal sd card
    3. Update your ClockWorkMod Recovery to v6.0.2.8 (you can do this by using terminal, adb (guide) or use the flashable zip I've attached
      This will avoid status(7) error messages and prevent issues with ROM Manager.
    4. Flash "cm-10-build date-NIGHTLY-e610.zip" from your internal sd card with CWM (or if you prefer with ROM Manager)
      [*]Optional: Flash custom kernel by PinkFlozd: link to thread WARNING: Don't install this kernel with builds created on 21 april 2013 or later (at least not untill someone updates the kernel)
    5. Optional: Flash "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip"
    6. After first boot see if your receiving any signal (provided your normally have any signal on that spot). If not, don't worry, a simple reboot might fix it.
    7. Enjoy ;)

Bugs:
    Considering these are the very first nightly builds of CM10 for our device, the dev did a pretty great job. Almost everything is working. Thanks to him :highfive:
    • Network / data is not working after 1st boot. A simple reboot after a few minutes might fix this
    • Multi-touch not fully working (dual touch works)?
    • SD card is full error, while there is still room left (up to at least 300 MB). I haven't experienced this bug in a while, it may be fixed, but I'm not sure.
    • Accelerometer

Small mods/Fixes
    :
    Sorry for my post,but why the hell u will install cm10,we have so many much better working roms on newer source like android l projekt which is awesome stable and better,or 4.4.4 based roms from different devs which are great too?

GREETZ FROM TEAM-OPTIMA!!!
    delete this lane :
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "e610" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "e610");

and it will work