[Review] [Xperia P] Jelly Bean Test Build

Search This thread

6E 65 76 69 6E

Jun 6, 2011
Now that I had a look into the test build of the Jelly Bean for Xperia P, I thought of sharing my views on it. I'll include a couple of screenshots of the new features as well. (See the attachment)

This is a test build so, No comments to :

1. Is it smooth or is it lagging?
2. How is the battery life?

This is a quick review of the updated stuff in the ROM. If you want to know anything more, please ask. I think I didn't miss anything though.

Camera

I don't know why DoomLord said the camera seems to have changed because I didn't see any changes at all. It's just the same as it is on ICS.

Media Apps

The Media apps (Album, Movies, Walkman) have been updated to the latest versions. In the Album app you get an option to add tags to the photos (See the SS). In the Walkman app you'll get more options to tweak the sound like, Surround sound, ClearAudio+, Clearsterero, ClearPhase, xLoud and Dynamic normalizer.

BE

It's just the BE not BE2 and I failed to enable it. (Guess it's the unlocked bootloader)

Power Management

It also has changes. Now we have more options like Stamina mode, Low battery mode and location based WiFi. (See the SS for more deatils on these features)

Themes/Lock Screen

We've a new theme chooser. (See the SS) The lock screen is also new. I think it's the Xperia Z stuff. As you might have guessed, we cannot have notifications on the losk screen anymore.

Launcher, Status bar and notification panel, Misc

The launcher is the same. (the one with the options to add 7 home screens).
The status bar remains the same but now with the option to display the battery percentage or not.
The notification panel has been changed to te latest from Sony (Same as of Xperia T JB). Now we can have quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, Sound, Data and there's a shortcut to the settings menu.
Contacts, Messaging apps are also updated. (See the SS)

Google Now :(

The first thing I tried to figure out was Google now; tried the home button, searched the lock screen etc but it seems it's not there! May be Sony is still to add it or they abandoned it! Anyway I couldn't find it anywhere!

Conlusion.

Apart from the missing Google now, it's quite a nice package I should say.

Attachments

• Screenshots.rar
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,667

Leon kennedy

Dec 8, 2012
Good to hear tht after a long w8 JB is coming....cnt w8

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

gaganvj197

Mar 29, 2013
New Delhi
Thanks Neo! For posting the SS!
The JB update seems to be amazing! Eagerly waiting for it!:D

Bro, is see that the we have not been given the Transparent Xperia Z Style Status bar!

And what about the Home screen launcher? is it same as Before or it is like new Xperia Z, Can u post the SS for the launcher?

frga

Jun 21, 2008
Can you check .zip attachment behavior in default email client please?
Can we save it now?

Thanks.

6E 65 76 69 6E

Jun 6, 2011
Can you check .zip attachment behavior in default email client please?
Can we save it now?

Thanks.

I'm no more using it. I just wanted to give it a try and post my views on it. I'd done it and unfortunately I cannot stick with it anymore since the GSM is not working. Now I'm back on CM.

jatinrungta

Nov 2, 2012
Whatever the thing might be
The truth is its near very near and all of will come to know whats there and whats not
and definitely jb will be there for XPU and sola too :D

Reactions: Bert98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that I had a look into the test build of the Jelly Bean for Xperia P, I thought of sharing my views on it. I'll include a couple of screenshots of the new features as well. (See the attachment)

This is a quick review of the updated stuff in the ROM. If you want to know anything more, please ask. I think I didn't miss anything though.

Camera

I don't know why DoomLord said the camera seems to have changed because I didn't see any changes at all. It's just the same as it is on ICS.

Media Apps

The Media apps (Album, Movies, Walkman) have been updated to the latest versions. In the Album app you get an option to add tags to the photos (See the SS). In the Walkman app you'll get more options to tweak the sound like, Surround sound, ClearAudio+, Clearsterero, ClearPhase, xLoud and Dynamic normalizer.

BE

It's just the BE not BE2 and I failed to enable it. (Guess it's the unlocked bootloader)

Power Management

It also has changes. Now we have more options like Stamina mode, Low battery mode and location based WiFi. (See the SS for more deatils on these features)

Themes/Lock Screen

We've a new theme chooser. (See the SS) The lock screen is also new. I think it's the Xperia Z stuff. As you might have guessed, we cannot have notifications on the losk screen anymore.

Launcher, Status bar and notification panel, Misc

The launcher is the same. (the one with the options to add 7 home screens).
    The status bar remains the same but now with the option to display the battery percentage or not.
    The notification panel has been changed to te latest from Sony (Same as of Xperia T JB). Now we can have quick toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, Sound, Data and there's a shortcut to the settings menu.
    Contacts, Messaging apps are also updated. (See the SS)

Google Now :(

The first thing I tried to figure out was Google now; tried the home button, searched the lock screen etc but it seems it's not there! May be Sony is still to add it or they abandoned it! Anyway I couldn't find it anywhere!

Conlusion.

Apart from the missing Google now, it's quite a nice package I should say.
    There are so many roumers. It should be soon.

Keep checking PC companion daily.

Sent from my LT22i

Sent from my Xperia P using xda app-developers app
    Could you make a video about the JB?

Not by me but its a video review of the test build. Thanks to acervenky.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYgwphwRj0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Xperia P using xda app-developers app
    R: [Review] [Xperia P] Jelly Bean Test Build

What about battery life? Any improvement?

Sent from my LT22i

Sent from my XPERIA P