The jelly bean o/s

Search This thread

ORA 1

Mar 1, 2013
Cape Town
PLEASE KEEP TO TOPIC

This thread is about the actual functionality of the New Jelly Bean update for the Desire X
and not whether you have it or not. Thats discussed on other threads.

I have come from Froyo on the Wildfire to the DX with ICS...well i can still do all what i have done in the past, but much better.
What improvements will JB bring to the DX. Can some one explain what we should see.
I have seen some one already explain, but it would be nice to get another point of view.
Some have issues and some dont, it confusing for us noobs:silly:
What is the hype behind it.
The reason why i am concerned is that some guys want to revert back to ICS, and thats not what it should be. JB should be an improvement.
lastly, the few hicups people have with the latest JB, could it be to an app or user related issue.
ORA

The Android Manual

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2012
Sparta
Yipiee Jelly Bean LOL

PLEASE KEEP TO TOPIC

This thread is about the actual functionality of the New Jelly Bean update for the Desire X

I have come from Froyo on the Wildfire to the DX with ICS...well i can still do all what i have done in the past, but much better.
What improvements will JB bring to the DX. Can some one explain what we should see.
I have seen some one already explain, but it would be nice to get another point of view.
The reason why i am concerned is that some guys want to revert back to ICS, and thats not what it should be. JB should be an improvement.
lastly, the few hicups people have with the latest JB, could it be to an app or user related issue.
ORA

Same as you I have came from Froyo to Jelly Bean itself first of all the update was great Speed improvements were there (example is scrolling wallpapers in personalize its feels like the HTC One. Second the new software We all know Beats audio got screwed up by the OTA but HTC fixed it with anothe OTA and now bass is back :) This Update also enables us to test new software and to discover new things with Sense 4+ and also a feel of Jelly Bean, remember not all devices could get an update from their own manufacturers so were lucky enough to get this lol now we just need to deodex the stock JB ROM and custom ROMs would be all over the forum (I could do one now :p just no time to deodex the JB Stock ROM). ;)

Reactions: ORA 1

ORA 1

Mar 1, 2013
Cape Town
Wow, this is a positive post. Positive info that i expected.
Thankyou

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Thankyou

See it this way,
Jelly bean is the LATEST android OS (although 4.2 > 4.1) but still, the CURRENT SUPER PHONE (HTC ONE) which gives Galaxy IV a scare, was also on 4.1.2 and will get 4.2.2 in a few days. So technically, after JB update, we are having one of the most updated devices around for such money.
Think again what happens to similarly priced samsung n sony phones, (believe me, most are stuck at ICS officially forever).

ON-TOPIC:
JB Sense4+ might not be what you expect, BUT the kernel source code, and libs will enable atis112 and others to port FULLY WORKING CM10 ROMS with Project Butter.
We'll soon get kernel 3.4 source which will be a platform for YEARS to come and keep this device alive. believe me.
My cousins with xperia U/sola, galaxy duos, etc will be stuck @ ICS officially.

Regards
Yasir

Reactions: ladalgigi and ORA 1

ORA 1

Mar 1, 2013
Cape Town
See it this way,
Jelly bean is the LATEST android OS (although 4.2 > 4.1) but still, the CURRENT SUPER PHONE (HTC ONE) which gives Galaxy IV a scare, was also on 4.1.2 and will get 4.2.2 in a few days. So technically, after JB update, we are having one of the most updated devices around for such money.
Think again what happens to similarly priced samsung n sony phones, (believe me, most are stuck at ICS officially forever).

ON-TOPIC:
JB Sense4+ might not be what you expect, BUT the kernel source code, and libs will enable atis112 and others to port FULLY WORKING CM10 ROMS with Project Butter.
We'll soon get kernel 3.4 source which will be a platform for YEARS to come and keep this device alive. believe me.

Regards
Yasir

Yasir, thankyou for your post, it does give me confidence going forward.
Although i dont understand your last sentence, but it does sound good any way.

micu13

Jun 23, 2010
Hatvan
I said yesterday that Jelly bean is not so cool..i was stupid, its f....n awesome. Its faster than ICS, web browser and downaloading too. Right now my download speed is 2,5mb/s. With ICS it was hardly reach 1mb/s. Google Now is really good, i can search the nearest restaurent with my voice and it supports hungarian so its good for those who dont speak english (like me :p )

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

Reactions: omini007 and ORA 1

Dark Passenger

Apr 18, 2012
Pune
ON-TOPIC:

Regards
Yasir
I'd like to say something on this thing since Yasir already mentioned it(sorry op kind of off-topic)

the 3.4 kernel is actually very exciting because currently barring HTC jb devices this is present on only the latest nexus devices(4, 10) only even nexus 7 is on 3.1 and Samsung devices(yes even s3) is on 3.0 .Thus we are currently on the latest version (officially not true android on 3.8 but we are one of the top few and latest currently) . Also this proves that HTC put a lot of effort (yeah was a Samsung Guy so I know what I'm talking about) thus according to me we should get 4.2 also(surity of about 83%) the real question will be if we get 5.0 or not.

PS I like the stripped down sense.

micu13

Jun 23, 2010
Hatvan
Htc One X JB kernel : 3.1

Wow, Desire X has a newer kernel, awesome. :D

rey71ng

Jan 16, 2013
All of you are talking about newer kernel, but how will it affect the end user experience? I don't talk about developers, i mean people that buy phone and don't even know about custom ROMs, using stock firmware

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
All of you are talking about newer kernel, but how will it affect the end user experience? I don't talk about developers, i mean people that buy phone and don't even know about custom ROMs, using stock firmware

You can mock people with high end phones ;) just kidding (although it's true) but don't know the real reason for user who's no developer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ON-TOPIC:

Regards
    Yasir
    I'd like to say something on this thing since Yasir already mentioned it(sorry op kind of off-topic)

the 3.4 kernel is actually very exciting because currently barring HTC jb devices this is present on only the latest nexus devices(4, 10) only even nexus 7 is on 3.1 and Samsung devices(yes even s3) is on 3.0 .Thus we are currently on the latest version (officially not true android on 3.8 but we are one of the top few and latest currently) . Also this proves that HTC put a lot of effort (yeah was a Samsung Guy so I know what I'm talking about) thus according to me we should get 4.2 also(surity of about 83%) the real question will be if we get 5.0 or not.

PS I like the stripped down sense.
    Thankyou

See it this way,

ON-TOPIC:

Regards
    Yasir
    I said yesterday that Jelly bean is not so cool..i was stupid, its f....n awesome. Its faster than ICS, web browser and downaloading too. Right now my download speed is 2,5mb/s. With ICS it was hardly reach 1mb/s. Google Now is really good, i can search the nearest restaurent with my voice and it supports hungarian so its good for those who dont speak english (like me :p )

Yipiee Jelly Bean LOL

PLEASE KEEP TO TOPIC

ORA

Same as you I have came from Froyo to Jelly Bean itself first of all the update was great Speed improvements were there (example is scrolling wallpapers in personalize its feels like the HTC One. Second the new software We all know Beats audio got screwed up by the OTA but HTC fixed it with anothe OTA and now bass is back :) This Update also enables us to test new software and to discover new things with Sense 4+ and also a feel of Jelly Bean, remember not all devices could get an update from their own manufacturers so were lucky enough to get this lol now we just need to deodex the stock JB ROM and custom ROMs would be all over the forum (I could do one now :p just no time to deodex the JB Stock ROM). ;)