[MOD] Facebook Home "unlocked" + Messenger 2.43 *working* chat heads & SMS [NO ROOT!]

Search This thread

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
yeah... w/o doing that too... i have that app and love it... but i'd rather only use it when needed... and if this app can be modded to not require me to use it... why not?

yeah perhaps... but dont think it's possible. You could disable all notifications in settings which would help i guess, but i looove greenifing thingsl ikethis.

joejoejo

Jul 22, 2010
I'm not rooted I got it to work by uninstalling updates to Facebook app then disabling it and then installing the Facebook home apk file which was posted here with file name FB_HOME.rar then i extracted facebook home apk and then I installed Facebook home from the Facebook home apk I just extracted then launched Facebook home and then it told me to enable Facebook by clicking on the button after I did I opened Facebook home again and it told me to update it by clicking on the update Facebook button then I updated Facebook app then I opened Facebook home again then it told me to login into Facebook by clicking on the button that's how I got it to work on my Atrix HD

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

Last edited:

pwrmedia

Aug 5, 2009
Columbus
yeah... w/o doing that too... i have that app and love it... but i'd rather only use it when needed... and if this app can be modded to not require me to use it... why not?

There's an option w/i home to set data usage to "high, medium and low"....i'd imagine setting it to low and turning on your refresh intervals w/i the FB app itself to something like 4 hrs wouldn't consume THAT much more battery life. I've been running it for about 5 hrs on my S3 with no unusual drain.

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
my phone has been running hotter than normal after installing this app... time to greenify anythign facebook lol

Zadabest

Mar 30, 2010
I'm on the Nexus 4 running cm10.1-m3. I had previously edited all my build.props to get Home and Chat heads, and they worked fine.

But because I wanted to use the color customization from francomod, I changed my build.props back to original and installed this apk. Home works fine, but chatheads refuses to pop up.

Whats going on?

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
I'm on the Nexus 4 running cm10.1-m3. I had previously edited all my build.props to get Home and Chat heads, and they worked fine.

But because I wanted to use the color customization from francomod, I changed my build.props back to original and installed this apk. Home works fine, but chatheads refuses to pop up.

Whats going on?

what did you edit to get chat heads to work?

urinamess

Nov 9, 2011
Kawit, Cavite
works flawlessly on my S2...

at first the chat heads wont pop out, but when i sign out of facebook messenger app chat heads works.. it seems that chat heads only work for the facebook main app..

Jul 29, 2010
Works good on my end. But I've found a few bugs. The stock jellybean task manager shows it as a program and of u hit the kill all button thing it closes it as well. Also I've had issues with YouTube redirect. So far that's the only issues I've had. I'm getting all my notifications and everything so far. Emails I do not get the fancy little bubble pop up though, but it alerts me still and I can access it through the pull down notification bar at the top.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

swimmer21nk

Apr 13, 2013
GB problem..

I am able to install the FB app but the Home app returns a Parse error.
GB 2.3.7

Same here.. I have also GB.. please make facebook home available in GB..

Ive installed orca and katana the way you said, but i cant see nowhere the option about facebook home or chat heads, + facePabook home.apk doesnt work.. returns Parse error :(

Im also Greek, as the topic starter i think.. μια βοηθεια φιλε, και συγχαρητηρια για την προσπαθεια την ιδια κιολας μερα του launch της εφαρμογης!

Last edited:

jim7777

Dec 20, 2011
works well with Galaxy S Duos. very smooth
The apps button wouldn't show any apps though... i need to proceed to TW Launcher to see my apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] Facebook Home "unlocked" + Messenger 2.43 *working* chat heads & SMS [NO ROOT!]

Hey.. :)

So I modded FB Home to run on all (?) devices, without touching build.prop or requiring root.
    Tested on GNEX, NEXUS 7 emulators.

Home requires Android ICS (4.0) or newer!!!

Download Facebook app & Facebook Home
    http://d-h.st/qOz

Download Facebook Messenger 2.43 with Chat heads & SMS fix
    http://d-h.st/eQ9

Installation
    • Uninstall original facebook, facebook messenger and facebook home apps. If facebook is pre-installed then you probably need root to remove it :(
    • Extract .rar!

• Install com.facebook.katana.apk (FB app), then com.facebook.home.apk (Home app).
    • Also install fborca243.apk (Messenger app).
    • Enable facebook home under facebook app settings.
    • If you face any issues, reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache.​

Expecting your feedback.
    Worked flawlessly on my note. Uninstalled.
    Ok, I fixed chat heads, will upload soon.
    I'm trying to fix it..
    assuming you mean push to /system/app/ ? or push em anywhere and install?

No need to be in system..
    Just install.